Reviews for The Only Puzzle Worth Solving
Jhotenko chapter 1 . 9/20/2015
Nice added insight into the character of possibly the empires most dangerous leader. It only makes sense that Thrawn is so intelligent and manipulative. There is no other way an 'alien' could reach imperial high command let alone the rank of grand admiral. The empire is ridiculously prejudiced in favor of humans, and I always thought Zahn was a genius to create such a powerful non-human villian. It's a shame that it seems every other published Star Wars novel seems to completely disregard his work.
Neila Nuruodo chapter 1 . 9/13/2013
A very well-thought and well-written short. Thoroughly enjoyable and credible. Thanks for a good read!
Urbandruid chapter 1 . 6/6/2012
I love this story. First, the idea that Thrawn knew exactly what was going to happen with C'boath and his manipulation of Pellaeon, which seems so obvious in hindsight. Likewise, the fact that Pellaeon never got his own ysalamiri despite how sketchy he thought C'boath was... This story just fits into that space and makes perfect sense. And the hint of slash... I have seen this pairing done really, really badly, and it scarred me. This- this is done RIGHT. Seriously, seriously awesome.
Face of Poe chapter 1 . 1/24/2012
Your dash of Pellaeon and hint of slash were marvelously executed. Well-done. And brave indeed to write inside Thrawn's head! :-D
Tobias Flies Free chapter 1 . 1/20/2012
Excellent job getting into Thrawn's head, something I always thought was pretty much impossible.
Julia chapter 1 . 1/20/2012
This is awesome. The hint of dramatic irony, the manipulation always present...if you wrote more of this pairing, I would devour it.
Eipok chapter 1 . 1/20/2012