Reviews for Later
Sir Nyan of Canterlot chapter 7 . 12/23/2015
Holy shit, I was looking through the review and apparently I read and reviewed this story before. Apparently past me was a total dumbass, because this story is amazing and perfectly paced. Hindsight's a bitch ain't it?

Anyways, thanks for writing this story. Rest in peace.
Quis Custodiet chapter 8 . 9/9/2015
This is a really well written story with great characterizations and an interesting plot. I have to admit that I did catch on to both of the "secret revelations" almost as soon as the they were introduced, so it might be a case of either I'm an especially observant reader or you broadcast them too much (particularly the last revelation, you gave far too much away on Haruhi's part). But all that being said, it's still a million light years ahead of where most fanfiction is.

Which brings me to the next part of this review. Your prose is really quite well crafted and even beautiful in some places, but sadly it's likely too advanced or difficult for most people who read stories on this site. I'm not trying to discourage you (or anyone else who reads this review), but instead I want to say that I acknowledge you despite the fact that you're likely to receive complaints from people who are, at the risk of sounding elitist, poor at reading.

So, with the criticism that is actually praise out of the way, I'll hit you with a piece of actual critique. Your dialog is uneven in it's quality. In some places it hits like a verbal sparring, like you might find in a television show or movie. It's imminently readable in that form, but lacking in any sort of heft other than banter (and the banter is not the best). In other areas it borders on overly florid exposition, saying too little for too many words. Good dialog is hard to write, and while yours isn't bad, it's hampered by the fact that you are a good writer. To put it bluntly, the strength of your narration voice overshadows any individual character interactions to such a large degree that you're almost doing yourself a disservice. Some of your best interactions are actually with Nagato, who barely talks and much of what is said is simply interpreted internally by Kyon.

Anyway, in final, I want to say that this story is easily one of my favorites and I'll be adding it as such. Almost certainly I'll be coming back to read it again and to pick up a trick or two there from your highly evocative imagery. Thanks for writing such an excellent piece.
frag2k13 chapter 1 . 3/13/2014
One of the most interesting 'after stories' in the haruhi verse, sorry to see you have left this world RIP man.

For those that don't know who the two people are that run into Kyon in the last chapter, they are Kyon and Kanae from his 'Kyon big damn hero story', at some point they would have slid into this universe but now we will never know.
Kamazamiko chapter 8 . 11/26/2013
The diction and difficulty of plot complicates the story, but if one zooms past it, then all I can say is a shining hope, or rather a wall of fame fanfic. Dare i say the best fanfic for this series? :)
fb39ca4 chapter 8 . 10/8/2013
This is *the* best Haruhi fanfic I have read. It is one of the only stories I have read, fanfiction or not, that actually made me feel emotion. The time paradox at the end, despite being a paradox, was a great way to bring closure to this plot line. The only thing I was wondering, is who was that girl Kyon ran into? The description of her hair sounds like Sasaki, but then she wouldn't have used the word sempai. Perhaps it is Miyokichi?
JDH1080 chapter 8 . 6/29/2013
Very good show mate, I just had to read though this, and even though my eyesight is getting a little blurry right now I don't regret reading through all of this. Really good, loved it, loved every bit of it. I really loved how in this story you really kept me guessing, at first I had no idea how this was going to go. I didn't expect Koizumi to be dead which did make me sad, I liked Koizumi, and I didn't expect Haruhi to be pregnant, I didn't think it to be an impossiblity but I was thinking you were going to go for a bit of a darker route ie dying, honestly glad you didn't. I'll admit when Mikuru appeared and took Kyon back in time it was pretty easy to guess where you were going with this. Very nice story,
Sammy Holzbein chapter 8 . 4/6/2013
Type your review for this chapter here...
Goku's Halo chapter 8 . 12/2/2012
Damn, that was a good story. The flow and pacing of the story was excellent and the little details all came together in the end. If anyone reads this review and hasn't read this yet. Just read it. It's very good.
fazed343 chapter 8 . 10/24/2012
Game of the Year/5

Srsly
I wont be able to read other fanfiction for a while (other than your other stories ofc), its just that good
Sturluson chapter 8 . 8/23/2012
And that's that.

It's..morning already. Honestly, i haven't read fanfiction that's THIS well written in a very long while. I really loved how all this turned out. All that emotion and subtle kicks to the psyche early on, and how it escalated in the latter parts- perfection. And how the characters were written, so realistically new, yet quite the same. And it's a KyonHaruhi pairing! Plus points for you. My SHnY cravings has now been satisfied. 7/5
The Reality DumPer chapter 2 . 5/19/2012
Wordy, long, serious, I can't take it...

For now, as I'm quite under fanfic reading marathon. I think I'm archiving this when I'm feeling a little more solemn...oh well.

I'm not really saying it's bad, but I'm into reading humor this time (and am desperately in need of it!)
a simple person chapter 7 . 4/22/2012
Um... I remember reading this story a year or two ago; the ending was different with Haruhi's death. I still really enjoy the fanfic, but i'm just slighty confused about why you changed the ending.
Grosstoad chapter 8 . 4/2/2012
claps

Well-writen, indeed. Characterizations are close enough to canon, considering the time gap, that we aren't so shocked by the changes (and indeed they did change) and still could believe/fall into the storyline's continuity.

It's like reading Susan Moody's dramatic novel continuation of Burnett's Secret Garden children-book: shocking, but you can still see the dots and lines connecting together.

Though, implications I had to wonder about:

- Yasumi is both personification and daughter?

- Boy is Kintaro?

- Nurse is Asakura?

- Masked man who collected the participants and not so subtly prompted Kyon to start the poetry circle... Is that Koizumi? The earlier feelings of uneasiness when Kyon was at his grave mulling about circumstances of his death, and then again when the masked man prompted Kyon with 'his mask tilting slightly to one side', and the second time 'the man presses, sounding amused'... Maybe it's is just me reading too much into the lines. :)
Andmeuths chapter 8 . 4/1/2012
Claps softly.

Truly yet another astonishingly and brilliantly written work. A very plausible yet vividly written hypothetical distant conclusion to the Haruhi franchise.

Yasumi is a very nice touch there, towards the end. It makes me wonder whether their daughter would indeed develop a personality oddly mirroring that similarly named subconscious manifestation of Haruhi in the latest novels.
Deeep Sea chapter 8 . 3/31/2012
Really like the story :) But i just wanted to know whether or not my goes is correct or not... Is the girl and the boy he encounters his daughter and his son?