Reviews for Touchstone
Birds Love Words chapter 1 . 7/18
This story was so intriguing! I was captivated the whole way through. I've never read a story like this before, and I thought it was touching and beautiful.

What made you come up with this idea? Clearly you know a lot about gemstones and their significance, etc., but what lead to them being created out of wishes? Is this an old folklore? I'm just very curious, because it reminds me of something - perhaps a book or TV show - from when I was little, but I honestly can't remember what it is. Something about the idea of wishes swirling around on the skin and becoming solid stones seems so familiar, but it's like a half-remembered dream. It's going to drive me crazy until I figure it out!

Gah! Anyway, I loved this fic. I was so enthralled by it I stayed up way later than I meant to reading it, and now I can barely think straight. Thank you for writing!
Tidmag chapter 1 . 1/3
It's like a worldmwhere material are created by people instead of the planet. Amazing idea.
psynekopath chapter 1 . 11/13/2014
Woahh I never read an interesting story like this before! It was amazing! You have such a great imagination and it gave me inspiration. Ahh the feels so much feels. Poor Sherlock, a sad childhood, made me sad. But what Mycroft said in the end made me laugh.
JuniorWoofles chapter 1 . 10/15/2013
Very different from any story I've read before I'll give you that. Took me a while to realise what was going on but once I did it was fine. The ending was perfect with their shared stone ands Mycroft's interruption was a stroke of genius.
Nevyn chapter 1 . 7/7/2013
This was a fascinating and original story idea. I love the idea of people creating stones from their feelings. Very amazing. Thank you for sharing this story!
Silver chapter 1 . 6/12/2013
Very, very beautiful. Well done!
Kari K'sri chapter 1 . 1/21/2013
Loved It! Excellent Work! Thank You For Writing And Posting This!
E chapter 1 . 1/11/2013
X Miyuki-chan X chapter 1 . 9/23/2012
That was brilliant.

In some places it was a little confusing, but as I kept reading I figured it out.

Good job!
Ceanen chapter 1 . 6/12/2012
Oh I love this! Magical realism done very well. (MR is my new favorite thing!)

I adore how the stones are used to depict so many things - they give away so much about a person, things maybe they'd want to keep hidden. Having conversations we wouldn't willingly have, but when we're left with no choice then we open up.

worldaccordingtofangirls chapter 1 . 6/3/2012
Gosh, I read this story ages ago, when I was first getting into the Sherlock fandom, and I haven't forgotten about it sense. First of all, the premise is inexplicably lovely. I love magic realism, and I love works that deal with outward signs of inward emotions, and this is flawless.

Your writing is lovely. It's simple, descriptive, but not excessive; it has a nice flow. It's very pleasant to read.

Your understanding of their relationship is wonderful. I just...I really wish I could tell you more about why I love this story, but I can' sort of escapes me. It's just great. My favorite oneshot in the entire fandom, I think.

Excuse me while I go pillage the rest of your work! :)

TangerineTea chapter 1 . 5/15/2012
Absolutely, stunningly lovely. This is a gorgeous universe, and the glimpses you give of a world so utterly different and yet so much the same are breathtaking in their subtlety. Truly excellent. 3
DammitJim chapter 1 . 5/15/2012
Really sweet!
Arkaham chapter 1 . 4/9/2012
Interesting use of the minerals. :D also a very interesting history.

:D wonderful work n_n
Kokoroyume chapter 1 . 3/3/2012
Great idea, I liked it :)

Thank you for this story !