Reviews for Lost
Guest chapter 1 . 5/27/2014
Pitty and lack of understanding on both sides mixed with love between son and father... That was so touching. It is sad that they did not get at least a few minutes to explain this "why" to each other. I think you described thoughts of Turgon and Fingolfin amazingly. Last line is very truthful for all elves.
Mornen chapter 1 . 1/27/2012
These two written together are so tragic. I definately feel along side Fingolfin as he searches for meaning in why his son has just disappeared 'like shadows in the night'. In fact, it rather makes me grow angry with Turgon.

And when Turgon mourns his father, the father he slighted, the first part becomes all the more painful. They both have made drastic choices that the other does not understand. The realization that they do not, cannot know, is heartbreaking. 'My tears will stain your grave; the only thing I can give you now.' - it is such a beautiful, desperate line.

And the ending sentence is very powerful in that it seems to be fit for both of them.
CrackinAndProudOfIt chapter 1 . 1/21/2012
Those last lines in Turgon's were chilling and emotional. I loved both of these; that's such a creative way to correlate the two losses. Very nice! :)

-Crackers
Duilin chapter 1 . 1/21/2012
'My tears will stain your grave'

Wow. That is one sentence (or at least part of one) that sticks to my head.

I always thought that Turgon never told Fingolfin about Gondolin or anything - but I did ponder at a few times how Fingolfin felt about it.