Reviews for Blood Debt: The 68th Hunger Games
Reader Castellan chapter 29 . 10/9/2015
This is indeed one of the best stories I have read here. I loved everything about it, the narration, the story, the characters, the feels, the arena, every bit of it! The story had a really interesting twist, I kind of thought Proxy would win but suicide? But I still respective for that. The best thing was your writing style. I could not only relate to each character, I actually thought I was them! Their pain brought pain to me and the same was for their joy. And you didn't let anyone become forgettable, even the blood bath tributes like Mattaniah or Amata, or the others like Jade and Allan and Finch or the ones like Q and A. Proxy's team was awesome, and they stood out to me the most along with Storm, Marius, Evander, Chase and Acely. All in all, everyone of them was amazing and I didn't know whom to root for. I loved all of them and I am sure their submitters would have been proud of your work too.
The ending was a little too painful and when Proxy died I thought I would really start crying. The final battle was amazing too, and I really loved the interactions and bond between Chance and Storm.
So hats off to you for writing such a tale and I hope that someday you'll return to write something like this again.
Wantwootree chapter 8 . 6/25/2015
Umm.. Yeah, don't listen to feistyflame, The 74th Hunger Games were actually Cinnas first time as a stylist so you can name your stylist whatever you feel like. But I will give him/her some credit because district six is in fact responsible for transportation. (:

Wantwootree (Haha, it's like 1, 2, 3... get it!)
Haters gonna hate on my username but I don't give a damn so suck it up *****
Feistyflame chapter 9 . 1/13/2015
Huh. I thought they mentioned District Six was transportation in the book, but whatever. I am really here to talk about your story so here it is. I love the alliances forming and the argument or whatever you want to call it between the boy from Twelve(I forgot his name already!) and Lilota(I think that's her name) that brought them both together.
Feistyflame chapter 8 . 1/13/2015
First off, District Six is technology, and second, I think Jade's stylist is Cinna? I think. I'm probably wrong. Anyway, I like this chapter and how you mashed train rides and the parade into one. Nice job, and excited to read the next chapter! :D
Jan chapter 12 . 8/22/2014
Back to reading again. Another interesting chapter. I like the hints at twists.
Luke chapter 29 . 8/14/2014
Why did finch have to die he was my favorite tribute
jan chapter 10 . 8/7/2014
Hello Derick,
I am really enjoying your story! I am not a reader and so am having a little trouble keeping the characters straight. I do much better with movies and the visual. Looking forward to the next chapter of the starting of the games.
Guest chapter 29 . 8/2/2014
horrible
Jan chapter 5 . 8/1/2014
I love the detail of your writing. It is easy to visualize with writing like, "I can see the sun creeping through the windows of the barn as I pick the pieces of hay out of my hair", really good!
jan chapter 4 . 7/28/2014
Another good chapter! Enjoyed the twist too!
Jan chapter 3 . 7/26/2014
Another great list to go to the games! Fun to see what they do!
Jan chapter 2 . 7/24/2014
I am enjoying the characters. Your depth in telling about them makes me feel like I know them. Looking forward to learning about the rest and what they have coming in the games.
DivineArrow chapter 26 . 3/8/2013
Amazing :) love the story so far and I really want proxy's plan to work out :P
Anime'sPrincess chapter 19 . 2/9/2013
This story is so emotionally hard-hitting and so fast paced.
I like how you are not afraid to kill off many tributes in a short space of times as that is how the games should be! Everything feels so gritty and unexpected and I just love your writing style.

Dale's death was an other very sad one especially because of Azeika's reaction and I like how because of his death, something snapped in her and she became a full rebel.

This was kind of the turning point chapter in the story and the last lines from Proxy were appropriate - 'Everything is about to change.'

I seriously have to commend you on the plot of this story, it goes along so well with the canon of the novels and now in my mind this story is also canon and this is how things were XD I believe that tributes like Proxy, Chace and Azeika were responsible for getting things going with the rebellion! haha I'm such a loser but truly everything makes sense and the plot of this story is so intricate.

I loved the scene in District 5 and when I first read this I truly did think something terrible was going to happen to Aly so the reality of it was so unexpected and a much better outcome.
Anime'sPrincess chapter 18 . 2/9/2013
Tawny and Kairen's death was handled just how it should have been and this chapter was one of the most poigant and very emotionally charged.

I do pity Chace, he is just doing what he thinks he has to do though I started not to like Acely much from here on out.
She was always quite bland to me. I do understand though, which makes her likable in a way- she was just thrown into this and wanted to survive.

Tawny and Kairen represented pure innocence and they were some of the most entertaining tributes in the story and the most heart warming.