Reviews for FreeSpace: Eternity
Aquatic-Idealist chapter 1 . 5/4/2013
"No way to defy the inevitable."

Much Irony indeed. Yet they did manage to preserve a light that would combat the void. Yes, Death came for them, but if they felt that their cause against the Destroyers was hopeless they would never have left a legacy. Maybe the point of this story has gone over my head, but I disagree with its final assertion. They penetrated the void when they discovered the Lucifer's weakness. They are gone, but others can thank them for their resistance. Yes, there was no hope for them, but their cause proved true. The Ancients have the last laugh.

Thank you for this piece. There is a chill that runs down my spine, but I guess I'm foolish enough to defy it. :)
Grey Wolf4 chapter 1 . 6/28/2012
Short but very good and definitely a tragedy the Ancients thought they were invincible expanding throughout the galaxy and conquering other races then the Shivans came along as the story of their extermination was told in the Ancients cinematics in the first Freespace game which I found poignant especially when they found out a weakness of the Shivans but sadly too late to save themselves.