Reviews for Saving the Boy
Eyre27 chapter 1 . 1/22/2012
I rarely review because English is not my native language... but I felt like I needed to review your chapter. I absolutely love your story. As someone else said, it is a fresh start of the story (I do not think I read or seen a Hunger Games Fanfiction with Katniss and Peeta in different games). I do not know where the story is going to go... and it is kind of exciting (so many different things could happen). So here is what I love about your story and what I am expecting of it:

- I am not a Gale-hater but I really like the idea of Gale getting killed because of Katniss' attitude towards the Capitol (something I was expecting in the book) and the guilt Katniss is carrying.

- I loved Katniss and Finnick's relationship in the book and I LOVE the dialogue you wrote between the two charaters... more Katniss/Finnick scenes please you write them perfectly! It's good that Katniss has someone who understands her.

- Katniss knowing she is going to have Finnick's fate is brilliant... I want to know more about that "business", it wasnt really developped in the book (I wanted to know more about Finnick's story and what really happened to Annie and Joanna) I think but I want to know how the Capitol broke and used their Victors post victory. I want also to see Mags and have some scenes between her and Finnick.

- Peeta has always been one of my favorite charater and I wonder what you're going to do with him: are you going to insert the star-crossed lover story (between Katniss and Peeta, or between Misu and Peeta as a strategy to keep them alive)? are you going to talk about Peeta's abusive upbringing (I read the story The Family of Bakers by Beautiful-With-Pain and that's how I imagine Peeta's childhood and his relationship with his mum... I dont believe the beating after the burnt bread was a single occurence)? I wonder how he is going to be "seen" by the public since he is a very good speaker.

... I looking forward to read your next chapters!
72 chapter 1 . 1/22/2012
I like this a lot so far! I never really thought about what would have happened if Katniss and Peeta had been in separate games, it's a good idea. Poor Gale :-(

:-)
DammitimmaD chapter 1 . 1/21/2012
:O PLEASE UPDATE SOON!
Mel chapter 1 . 1/21/2012
This is such a fresh take on the series and you really captured Katniss' voice. I can't wait for the next chapter!
starlightsaway chapter 1 . 1/21/2012
I love it! Updat soon.
BleedtoLoveHer chapter 1 . 1/21/2012
Really looking forward to see where you take this! Good job so far!
Belen chapter 1 . 1/21/2012
Omg I love this story 3 update Asap
iam97 chapter 1 . 1/21/2012
When I saw this summary and clicked on the story I expected to find one of this short, not-very-good stories.

But this isn't. This is anything but bad. It's funny (with Finnick) yet sad. You managed to capture Katniss' personality and I...This is amazing! I can't believe this is your first story. Your writing is so awesome. Hats off!

Please continue and UPDATE SOON!
Court819 chapter 1 . 1/21/2012
I like this...a lot! I have no problem with dead Gale, and I hope we will get some flashback as to what Katniss did in her games that evoked Capitol ire.

I also love the possibility of Katniss mentoring Peeta, and all the possiblities that opens up.

Great start, can't wait to read more.
Silent Wolf Singer chapter 1 . 1/21/2012
Poor Gale, he's one of my favorite characters. Oh well, but I like the story so far. Can't wait for the next chapter.
me chapter 1 . 1/21/2012