Reviews for Did You Think This Through?
turbomagnus chapter 1 . 11/27/2019
I much enjoyed the scene at the end, where Amy suggests that she and Penny trade Sheldon and Leonard. I find I can't help but wonder how Sheldon would react; whether it would be a complete and utter 'everything is turning to chaos' meltdown or calm and unaffected acceptance... or, for that matter, how Penny herself might react if Amy happened to show up a few days later with rough drafts of a 'Partner Exchange Agreement'...
Chippers chapter 1 . 5/12/2018
Much more self-respecting way to handle Leonard than what the show supplied.
FaithForeverFun42 chapter 1 . 2/4/2018
Oh my god...I absolutely love this! Amazing. 100% amazing.
swthrt890 chapter 1 . 11/18/2017
Is it wrong to love this... because I absolutely love this!
BrilliantLady chapter 1 . 9/17/2017
What a cute premise. I'd be happy to read a continuation of this. :)
lmill123 chapter 1 . 7/7/2017
So typical of Leonard. In many ways Leonard was a lot more of a slim ball that Howard ever was.
I loved the fact that both Bernadette and Amy really saw Leonard and what kind of jerk he really was and he wasn't the nice guy he pretended to be. And that they felt Penny was better off with him out of her life.
But I had to laugh when Amy suggested she talk to Sheldon about switching boyfriends. I could actually see Amy using logic to convince Sheldon it was the perfect solution.
And neither Sheldon nor Amy would have any problems getting Leonard to sign a new contract since he never bothers reading them to before signing them

Would love to read a sequel to this story with Amy putting that suggestion before him
kimjo2 chapter 1 . 4/28/2015
So true and right...what woman would continue dating a guy like that? The more I consider the program the more I shake my head. Thanks so much
dreamer 3097 chapter 1 . 3/5/2015
This is good
squeegybug chapter 1 . 2/17/2013
Leonard really stepped in it this time, eh? I find myself curious about your ending here. What would happen if they approached Sheldon about trading? If anyone could pull off a request like that, it would be Amy... And it would be interesting to see what Sheldon would say, I could see Amy being totally serious about it and Penny thinking she is kidding. I could see Amy giving it the full court press and talking her boyfriend into a relationship with her 'bestie' Although, I don't really see Amy going for Leonard, though. She is so analytical and cold and he is insecure and whinging. I don't think he would go along with it. And I don't really think he's good enough for Amy. (Can you tell I really don't care for Leonard?) But I could see Amy being interested in a relationship for the sexual element, strictly for her physical and mental well-being.
Hebi R chapter 1 . 9/23/2012
Can we, please, maybe, have something, even a drabble, about the boys reacting to Amy coming to them with said paperwork?
Halfred Askold chapter 1 . 5/21/2012
Ok, I can see this too. Leonard always has been and will always be a troll, in almost all the universes we write.

"The frustration bubbled up in her. "No!" Penny nearly shouted. "First you keep trying to hint at friends with benefits and then this? Didn't you listen to anything I said that night? It's not right that you did EVERYTHING in our relationship just for sex. You didn't like any of the movies I picked or places we went or even my friends. You just endured all of it to sleep with me. All of it. Do you know how that makes me feel? Like I'm being used, Leonard. I know I haven't always picked guys that have appreciated me in the past, but I thought you were better than that. I thought you were making an honest effort to understand my world like I was making one to understand yours. I even asked Sheldon to teach me about physics so I could understand what you did. But none of that mattered, did it? It was all about the ass for you, wasn't it?" Her fists balled at her sides, her breathing heavy. "Stop all the self-pity about being a 'normal' guy, Leonard- because I have news for you: you are a normal guy. A normal jerk just like the rest of them, just with a job that uses bigger numbers."

GREAT WORK. And fits Leonard to a t!
ChildoftheLight chapter 1 . 2/11/2012
Interested to see where this is headed. Your Amy made me laugh.
DozyTart chapter 1 . 2/4/2012
Oh, please, write the sequel! I don't think anyone has done anything like that particular scenario - and it has so much potential. Would the paperwork require Leonard's agreement? (And if Amy is offering sex, how long would it take for him to get on board?) Would Sheldon require persuasion? If so, what would Penny and Amy come up with for logical reasons? And of course, once the paperwork was done, what happens next?
Shadowcatisajerk chapter 1 . 1/24/2012
Very funny ending. Thank you, this is just the same thing I was thinking of at the end of that episode.
TriplePirouette chapter 1 . 1/23/2012
This is a portion of my response to 'Bimrin'. I felt he brought up some great points and I wanted everyone to know where I stand on them. ~TP

I'd like to say that in no way am I anti-Leonard. I generally enjoy his character very much. However, I feel that they've taken his good nature and made him borderline mean in a lot of what he does and says lately. (I also disagree with the way they've fallen to portraying many of the characters for cheep laughs: Penny's relationship to alcohol, Sheldon's inconsistent quirks, etc.) Quite honestly, if you take away the laugh track in some of the latest episodes, things that many of the characters say cease to be funny and borderline on the rude, ridiculous, and outright mean.

As a woman who is also drawing on personal experience, it is very hurtful to hear that someone you thought you were building a serious relationship with has based every interaction they've had with you on the premise that if they fake it or get through it enough they'll have sex, even if it is only partially true. I am incredibly familiar with the show and agree with you that it is unlikely that Leonard was ever with Penny ONLY for the sex. From personal experience I can say that it is very demeaning and quite frankly hurts on an emotional level to hear that, no matter how true it is. After the "non-date date" episode a few weeks ago, I also wondered where the writers were going, because as a woman, had that been my experience with a guy who I dated that I thought was still my friend, I would have stopped talking to him.

This story was written counting that episode as cannon. I couldn't see how Penny would say yes after that experience. Yes, Penny has used sex to her advantage- but it has always been my view of the L/P relationship that Penny was truly searching for a "good guy" that she could break that cycle with. That is another reason why I was so disappointed with the "non-date date" episode and many of their recent interactions.

To answer your question regarding if the show would even exist, Yes. To me, the show is at it's best when it focuses on the interactions between the four men and their interactions with the world. Yes, Penny becomes our "in" to the outside world for these characters, but I find that I often enjoy it more when there's NO romance involved- only silly, geeky, nerdy, fun.

As for my S/P ship, my enjoyment of the two characters sprang from their interactions. Yes, many (including the creators) view it as more of a brother/sister relationship. However, I love the way that these two characters challenge one another, something that I personally think is missing from L/P interactions. I'll refrain from citing S/P moments because I have no desire to proselytize.

Honestly, if they never made one change to the show, I'd still watch it and love it. I absolutely love the Shamy. Amy is one the the smartest, funniest characters on the show right now. And in some ways I do enjoy L/P. For me, fandoms are a way to be cathartic through my writing and to enjoy what-ifs for my favorite shows. I enjoy exploring the less-likely relationship, and it's that simple. If anything, I would like to see the writers challenge the characters more and make their jokes a little less one dimensional: see Penny deal with her problems rather than drink and see the return of Leonard's like-able charm as opposed to the more recent scathing retorts and harsh critiques.

I wrote this story because as a woman who has been a semi-similar situation, I couldn't believe that Penny would say yes to another date or that the writers felt that it was a good plot point for Leonard to choose a sexual relationship that even he sees as a bad idea over the friendship that he was slowly rebuilding with her. I'm not trying to bring the L/P down, or demand that anything on the show be changed, just writing a bit.