Reviews for They Do Not Know
Chihori Anigma chapter 1 . 4/2/2015
This was great. I liked the idea of the story and how you ended it with his plans forming from the plans he was forming before(horcruxes).
And when Tom thought how dumb Mrs. Cole's warning not to trip on the stairs was, I understand him. I have that thought every time they tell us not to run to the bomb shelters if there is a siren.
A few things I didn't understand, there were sirens in England when the Germans came, so unless it wasn't working(and that could happen)the children should have woken up from it. Why did Mrs. Cole scream? She is a grown woman in charge of kids. Where I live even the youngest children don't scream when they hear a bomb land. It's dumb and stupid because you can do nothing about it except hope it didn't hurt someone.
Overall, good story. :)
tobi tobi is a good boy chapter 1 . 2/22/2014
good fic, even if it is not completely historic accurate
Ralinde chapter 1 . 3/15/2013
I thought this was an intriguing insight into Tom's mind. Of course there are parrallels between both wizarding wars and both World Wars, but I have seen it written in fanfiction so clearly. Those last lines really made me shudder, for they show just how his mind is twisted already at that age.

He was from 1925 so if this takes place in his late teens then it's very well possible that he heard bombers flying over London whenever he was in the orphanage. I had never really thought about that, but of course it's true, and I think part of it will wriggle it's way into my headcanon.
lowi chapter 1 . 3/12/2013
This was such an interesting take on Tom. I don't think I've ever read something like this before - I mean, I've heard of the similarities between WW2 and the wizarding war, but not like this. Not actually written out. ;)

I also think you captured Tom wonderfully, he seemed to be perfectly in character and his thoughts about those who were with him felt really believable.

Wonderful work!
the lola chapter 1 . 3/11/2013
This was interesting! Love the time period and the exploration of that with Tom, and I love how you made him have all these sharp edges - so subtle, but so effective. The opportunity you give us to get into his head is great, because there's a lot of fractures of different things - nostalgia, sharpness, and his thirst for hunger. Loved it.
The Crownless Queen chapter 1 . 3/7/2013
I want to cackle. I feel like an evil laugh would be very proper at the end of this, so you should picture me as doing one right now. In a dark cave or something. Yes, that would work...
It was amazing, and I loved this story. I can actually feel Tom's thoughts in this, and how everything brought him to his plans.
I loved it because often I read Voldemort compared with Hitler and you used it in a completely different and novel way. And it really worked well with Riddle's mind :)
Great work!
WeasleySeeker chapter 1 . 3/7/2013
Ooh, this was a really interesting idea! I'd thought about some of the parallels between Hitler and Voldemort before, but this was a great way of presenting them.

Tom seemed so /human/ in this. I like that he is genuinely scared of the air raids, despite the fact that they're done by Muggles. At first I was surprised by him wanting the Muggles to stop fighting, but then you expanded on that and it really made sense, and I like how some of his ideas about controlling Muggles basically came from that. I was a bit confused by when this is set, though... how old is he meant to be?

I always find it fascinating to be inside Tom's head for a while, and you always do it brilliantly - well done :)
keeptheotherone chapter 1 . 2/26/2013
Oh, what an intriguing idea, that it was the bombs of WWII that got Riddle thinking about taking power over the Muggles. His haste to get to safety, his apathy for the other children, his disregard of the Statute of Secrecy, all very in-character. Again, an interesting idea well-written!
autumn midnights chapter 1 . 2/2/2013
Oh wow, this is a really excellent look at Tom's childhood. I never really thought too much about the fact that World War II was going on around the same time he was growing up, but it is true, and I haven't really read too many fics that expand on that idea. I really love the way you portray Tom's thoughts about it, also, and I think it just makes so much sense for him to think that it was pointless for the Muggles to kill each other in the war. I really like how Tom wants the war to stop as a birthday wish - it's kind of..I don't know, ironic, because he's perfectly okay with killing people, but he just sees it as (as he says in the fic) illogical. It was very well-written, just two little things - Statute of secrecy should be Statute of Secrecy, and horcruxes should also be capitalized. I was a little confused, as well, how old Tom is in this - in the beginning, I thought he was eleven or twelve, but later on it seems like he's older, since he knows about Horcruxes. You've characterized him wonderfully, though, and his disregard for the other children in the orphanage fits with his personality really well. Great job!
silver-nightstorm chapter 1 . 1/31/2013
Oh, I really liked this! You do an amazing job portraying Tom in this as well as his thought progression. I find it grossly fitting that he was inspired and simultaneously disgusted by Hitler enough to turn into him. So well done! :)
The QAS chapter 1 . 2/24/2012
Tom did grow up during World War II, so it would make sense that he got his own ideas from Nazi Germany, deciding that he could wipe out a population better than Hitler. Disturbing, yes, especially considering this from a child's point of view. Still, knowing Tom Riddle, I find your portrayal of his character very realistic. Good work.

~The QAS
Lord Toewart chapter 1 . 2/3/2012
I love this. It's beautifully written, and Tom Riddle's emotions are very... Tom. Good job. If you're interested, check out 82651, I think it's called. Also so good. If that's not the right title look up Paint Me Obsessed, with main pairing Harry P. and Sirius's mum. Don't read it (it's disturbing, trust me), but go to the Author's profile. You'll like it, trust me.

OS:LToTNAMAHoT
Expecting Rain chapter 1 . 1/28/2012
I really like this idea - I guess I knew that Voldemort grew up during WWII, but I never really realized it! So I like how you look at that fact and how it could have had an effect on Tom Riddle - especially since the Harry Potter books are so detached from time, any one of them could take place at pretty much any time in modern history. And JKR has spoken about how she links DEs and Nazis, and this shows how Voldemort could have done it. Great job!
Couture Girl chapter 1 . 1/28/2012
This one was the last one I needed to R&R :)

It was wonderful, it's how his plan and reign of power was born :)

I loved how he said that some said Hitler has some Jewish blood in him while Tom has some muggle. Nice ;)

I loved this one a lot. He will do things properly :)

And how sad that he didn't expect gifts for his birthday :)

Great job!