Reviews for The Bow and the Blade
RoxyCatMeow chapter 30 . 7/3
So... I have been pretty bad up until this point. I just now read the last chapter and the epilogue. How long has it been? Over a year, and I am sorry. I have not really been active here for reasons that shall not be named.
However, I am so glad I went back and finished this. Your stories always make me smile :)
This has been a wild ride, and I loved every minute of it. Strange how a story can seem familiar even after so much time (me being not so nice and not reading). Thinking about it, I never realized that this took so long to write. Strange to say, but it, and you :) , were always constants in my life.
I'm glad you let Ko and Diane have their thing, even thought you on the fence about it for a while. It was a bit of a strange idea quite a while back when he first was introduced, but I really enjoyed his and Diane's development that came from it. I liked all of the small things you put in there, especially all of the time spent on Diane's parents.
I am so glad you did the thing! What is this thing, you ask? Putting the tile into the story! Little things like that get me all riled up :D
And, because I guess it has become customary of me to do: *yells "full circle" *
Full circle makes for a happy reader :) For reals, though. Some writers just cannot wrap it up, so I congratulate you! We both know I can never write an ending of sorts that is satisfactory. There are just so many little things I would like to pull out and say "I really liked this" and "this was great" but you should know that it all was wonderful overall. All of the cute dream cruisers setting sale at the end was nice too, fueling the hopeless romantic inside me.
Thank you so so so much Shadowglen. For having the courage and devotion for sharing your gorgeous mind thoughts with us and for possessing the skill to pick the "bestest" plot bunnies out of the lot and sticking with them. This might be way overdue, but thank you. You have made my day yet again.
RoxyCatMeow chapter 27 . 5/26/2014
Full circle. FULL CIRCLE. Like the whole Ilia twilight thing, and the resolution between Midna and Diane, Din's fire too. Just... you went all lion king circle of life everywhere. From the ashes of her former self, Diane rose up as the new impa, determined to put others before self to save Hyrule and the the Twilight Realm.
Alrighty then... I'm sorry for my oozing of weirdness. And for my delay of RandR. I am truly sorry. Like a lot. Like more than all of the finals students had to take recently.
You put it in, the Ko thing XD I love it! It is just enough without being overkill mushy oatmeal.
So overall, this is just AWESOME. Just so much amazingness. You make it look like you just take the game, add some OC, little bit of plot, and stir. But I know it isn't that easy, but it is wonderful. A wonderful cake with little tart pieces that are Midna with her feuding with Diane. Oh and thank you thank you thank you for the shout out. Even if I am not the best plan maker and impulsive, which strangely enough, I am, but aren't we all at times?
So instead of a cliff for me to fall off of, I just have to wander into the abyss of Diane's blacked out ness? Yeah, I know, cliffhangers are important and they help people like me to come back. (I will always come back anyways, just might take me a while) I just felt like pointing it out, as i'm pretty sure I have in almost all of my reviews. So now, you get to take this beauty and wrap it in a bow. Which I feel like would be really hard to do, Finishing up a story and actually finding a stop point for eternity. I suggest something like a meeting with the resistance and Link, and then some type of council with the sheika to formalize the impa title. Then a flash forward to her life as castle guard? Wasn't there something like that in the beginning? I can't remember. And don't forget about Ko. Alright, you can forget about him, but I like him, 'kay? He has always been one of my favorites, even if he was kinda (really) annoying, childish, and confusingly mysterious, 'cuz i'm pretty sure he knew that Diane didn't remember much, but still treated her like Impa, even before she was one. But still, he was very enjoyable.
Thank you, Shadowglen. This ride has been fun (yes I know there is another chapter) But this action was great. So thanks for sharing with me, who is now going to refer to herself as a peon. Thank you for sharing with me, the peon. :D
Tia TenHaaf chapter 27 . 4/11/2014
How long is a few days! I can't hold out for ever without this story!
Tia TenHaaf chapter 20 . 4/11/2014
that was the most action packed chapter yet!
Tia TenHaaf chapter 9 . 4/10/2014
do ya think that i am gonna stop? nope!
Tia TenHaaf chapter 3 . 4/10/2014
This is the best book ever!
RoxyCatMeow chapter 26 . 11/11/2013
An assassin, eh? I always thought that would be an interesting profession... Haha. So, before I forget, I really liked how you just kind of mixed in some other Zelda-ishk stuff, such as the scale and Ocarina. And I see why Diane was a little miffed, especially after you *dramatic pause* released some 'interests' that she has for a particular red eyed guy. *waggles eyebrows* I'm too lazy to check, but I did foresee that Ko was the one that was pulled out, right? So let's think... Diane still has that arrow... and i liked how you said that the resistance would be delayed, because they are in the game, which I completely forgot about until just now. And just so you know, your shout-outs always make my day :D *back to thinking* So there is an arrow, which I have come to think of as Zelda's final smash in SSB Brawl. And she went in through the underground, and is now on the roof. Uhm... there is a cat on my lap? Alright, so I know that there will be some crazy awesomeness from Diane, and maybe her and Midna will eventually like each other? (what was with that? must be some female competition or something...) Actually, I can see that happening, both of them being awesome then liking each other a little more... Well, I give this chapter my stamp of approval ! *stamps*
Oh, and take some of these, just in case Diane gets a little miffed again. *hands over revives and potions*
RoxyCatMeow chapter 25 . 8/17/2013
You just love to irritate me, don't you? How many of your chapters have ended in cliffhangers? Exactly, too many.
Alright, I feel better now. *lets out breath* So let me guess, Ko is the person that was pulled out of the gate, right? And he is going to somehow make it better, right? Actually, I'm not sure what will happen to Diane, but since she wrote this after her journeys, she has at least a hand to write with. And that little bit with the mind erase spell, very nice, very nice. :) I liked it. And I think my favorite part of this chapter was the melancholy that came with Diane's mom's message.
Hey, look! I actually read a chapter and responded in a timely fashion! Also, thank you for the shout out, Lady Shadowglen. Much appreciated :)
So, until next time? (Taking your line and using it for my diabolical purposes, :) )
RoxyCatMeow chapter 24 . 8/5/2013
In my recent style, I will wait for forever to R and R. :D So, what's with the weird portal thingy? Since Diane and Hanso and almost everyone of use are in there, there will be some awesome scene where they all combine their powers and break out? I'm just throwing out weird stuff now. But I think Diane will be doing some craziness soon. I can just kind of feel it. ;) And I still haven't forgotten about the weird light arrow. There will be some awesomeness with that too, right? Oh, I almost forgot. Isn't Diane supposed to be meeting with Link in a few days? But she is in the portal trap... Maybe they are all trapped in one place that will be extremely convenient later? I don't know, but your mind is uber creative, so it has to be good. So good luck with writing.
Also, it is dangerous to go alone! Take this! *hands grappling hook so that you can get over any mental walls you may face* :D
merkkari chapter 24 . 7/12/2013
Great story! Keep writing it! At first I tought Link would be in it a bit more, but I kinda like it a lot like this. It's interesting and actually quite refreshing to read something that's not OC x Link. I also like the fact that Diane's not one of those hopeless girls who can't do a thing. She's one spunky chick!

Good work and I hope you will continue to write this story to it's end..
SoulPieces chapter 24 . 7/12/2013
It just keeps getting better and better :o

I hope your characters don't give you as many problems for this next chapter as you say they did for this one x)
RoxyCatMeow chapter 23 . 6/20/2013
Cliffhanger! Why do you do this to me? And why is Ganon in the Cave of Trials...? My only thought right now is that he is trying to get to the Great Fairy... but I have no clue why he would want to get to her... Get her tears...? But at least Link cleared out the cave. Oh! Maybe it isn't Ganon after all! Maybe it is some other challenge for Diane. To see if she can actually help Link or something...? I'm not sure... my extreme laziness from summer break is killing my brain or something. And also, I'm kind of worried tha Diane won't be back in time to help Link. But she has to make an appearance and help Zelda... Well, I'll just wait and see. And sorry I kind of dropped the fanfiction world for a while... But I love this story and your writing! :D
SoulPieces chapter 23 . 6/5/2013
Yay another chapter! And a good one at that :)

Eager to see the next chapter soon ;) if that gives you any motivation xD
SoulPieces chapter 22 . 5/25/2013
:D well well well, welcome back into the story, Link and Midna! This just gets better and better!

Well, while I am awaiting an update from you, I think I feel motivated to go work on my own xD

Until next time! (:
SoulPieces chapter 20 . 5/25/2013
Heheheh loved the action!

Sometimes I forget this is a Twilight Princess FanFiction completely, but then you lace in the storyline. I love it. You do such an amazing job :)

Next chapter, and I'll be all caught up.

I'm almost dancing with excitement!
56 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »