Reviews for Preussenlied
I know you haven't been on for a while, but I only just found your stories. I love them. Thank you for writing. I hope that some of the unfinished ones might reach completion one day, but that is all you to you as the writer. Thank you again. I will as many reviews as I can as I read.
Keiri12 chapter 26 . 8/30
Amazing job! I loved how you included real events in this, it served to both scratch a wonderful pru-hun itch and to educate us all. Some people in the united states may never know much about the history of prussia, let alone much of anything about it. But this serves to help those fans of the country in hetalia to know even some what the country went through.
Aryndiel chapter 26 . 8/24
Thoughtful, insightful, and of course, awesome! Couldn't ask for a better Prussia/Hungary story. Well done!
Well39 chapter 26 . 3/19
Now that's the kind of ending I like to see in a story.
Thank you. Honestly, thank you. I was hooked from beginning to end. I read the entire thing in two hours. You've managed to capture aspects of the characters that are usually avoided, and translate them in ways that somehow don't mis-characterize them at all. I loved how you did not shy away from the darker aspects of Germany's history - something I've discovered not many people have the courage to do. I also loved how your characterizations stayed consistent, and the overall story was just wonderful. Though there were parts in the middle where I cursed the very fabric of your soul; but that's alright, I didn't need my tears anyway.
I loved the ending. Damn you, I didn't even ship this before now, but those two deserve a happy ending.
kk chapter 26 . 3/8
This was amazing! The way you describe the characters and their feelings and good grief the feelings and emotions are so strong and hell I can feel it all like I'm there. This really gives an idea how they're daily lives are as nations throughout the years and this is great. Prussia deserves this happiness. Awesome story! :)
Guest chapter 26 . 12/25/2014
Okay so I know it's been like a year since you finished this but I make a point of reviewing any story that makes me cry. I definitely got a little choked up there at the end, and yeah I cried a few tears from happy and from just straight-up feels. So many feels. I also stayed up until 4 am because I got so caught up in reading this oops.
So many good things about this story. For one, I think you dealt with the Nazi issue pretty well - that's one if the things that always has me worried when it comes to historical fics. Maybe I just because I love him too much to want to think that he would ever willingly be part of that, so knowing that he really wasn't is kind of a relief. Of course, I like to think Germany himself wasn't doing it willingly either, but Prussia's my baby so he matters more. Although, some of it did seem kind of skipped over with his confrontation with Germany; Germany seemed to not like what was happening, but then the subject was changed quickly and that was that. But overall, pretty good.
And the characters, god you did such a great job. I'll start with Austria. He's sometimes made into a bit of a villain in PruHun fics, which as he's grown on me (a lot) I've really come to dislike. So I really like that he wasn't a villain, he was just very in character with the series.
As for Hungary and Prussia, I love that there was no damsel-in-distress/knight-in-shining-armour thing - they were both in distress and they both saved each other when they needed to be saved (and honestly I see Hungary as the one more likely to be the knight, since I'm pretty sure Gil doesn't have his sh it together as much as he likes to think, so seeing it the other way around really bugs me, but having it go both ways is how it seems like it should be and you did it beautifully.
I also like how their love didn't come out of nowhere, and how it wasn't overly romantic. It was just the right amount of sweetness without any unnecessary gooey stuff, because honestly I cannot see either of them as particularly romantic no matter how in love they are, so I love how they were portrayed here.
Anyway. This was a beautiful story, beautifully written. I have a feeling this may be one of those fics I come back to once in a while. Thank you for writing this :)
A Late Reviewer chapter 26 . 8/16/2014
I see I am quite late to review this story. You've probably moved on by now, but I just have to tell you that you are amazing! This is one of the best Hetalia stories I've ever read, for any character, and it's PruHun too. They're my No. 1 OTP, but it's difficult to find good stories about them because their relationship does have so many ups and downs, and its complexity is difficult to capture.

I have to applaud you for several things in particular. First, for the fact that you managed to keep the story consistent and developed the characters at a realistic rate over such a long time period. Second, for keeping my emotions on a constant rollercoaster ride. I thought the ship had sunk after the invasion of Budapest, but how wonderful to see it slowly rise back to the surface. That improvised fairytale was so sweet!

Thirdly, although I love PruHun and have little time for Austria, you absolutely broke my heart in Chapters 11 and 16, and then to see him trying to help them even though Prussia really did nothing to deserve it...I have to admit, he's a good guy. Hungary could do worse (that's not to say I'm switching sides- she could do better too). Lastly, thank you for giving them a happy ending, or at least the opportunity to make one. Too many PruHun stories end on a downer- largely because Prussia isn't a country anymore- but they deserve their shot as much as anyone.

The one and only thing I would say is, was Germany supposed to come across so harshly? I didn't really feel the brotherly bond until they met atop the Berlin Wall, and I've never imagined that he would remain a Reich supporter in the later stages of the war (that may not be the effect you were aiming for at all- it's my own theory that Germany realised that Hitler was a psycho and took a step back from him, especially after meeting Italy, rather than continuing to go along with 'Bavaria' and other crazy plans). However, this is a fic about Prussia and Germany only makes occasional appearances, so perhaps his character just wasn't developed enough. I LOVED POLAND! Valley Girl he may be, but you don't survive what he has without reservoirs of inner strength. The casual tone of his serious suggestions made me laugh.

Oh yes, and one more thing. You have a great way with words. You can convey so much with only a short sentence, and some of your throwaway remarks killed me with laughter! My favourite line has to be "the whole Eastern bloc could puke rainbows if we all just believed in the power of friendship?" Such sarcasm wafting off the screen!

Anyway, this review is far too long, but I can't help it. This story is actually addictive. I only found it today, and I only left it to eat. Even then, I wanted to get back and finish the chapters as soon as possible, so be proud. This is undoubtedly the best PruHun fic I have ever read, and certainly one for the favourites :-)
Lana chapter 26 . 7/2/2014
oh my god... fantastic! simply... fantastic! T.T
TheAwesomeMe128 chapter 26 . 6/8/2014
Quite an excellent fic!
As a Prussia enthusiast desiring to be a self-proclaimed Prussia expert (and I mean of the actual Prussian state, not Hetalia Prussia), I applaud your fic
It's interesting to see how you brought actual history into Hetalia terms. If I had done a similar fic I wouldn't have necessarily done everything you did, but I commend your take on it nevertheless.
Writing historical PruHun (my favorite Hetalia pairing!) over a period of time is rather difficult because, to be honest, historically they didn't specially interact with each other that much. So I don't mind you stretching things a bit for the sake of a story!
Sehr gut, und mach's gut!
TheAwesomeMe128 chapter 13 . 6/8/2014
Nazism really went against most of the Prussian virtues and man Prussians deeply resented it
TheAwesomeMe128 chapter 8 . 6/8/2014
America actually didn't accept the Treaty of Versailles, for various reasons. America still wasn't all that interested in foreign affairs at the time
Anon 133 chapter 20 . 2/19/2014
Hey there I just finished reading Chapter 20 here and thought I'd say this story of yours is pretty cool so far. I also think you've done a nice job with characterization and establishing each new setting. I hope you continue with your writing so you can share more swell stories like this with the world.
SerenePanic chapter 26 . 12/8/2013
Alright, that was pretty darned awesome.
Ms.May chapter 26 . 12/7/2013
Awsome. Really, really, awesome
riichanx3 chapter 14 . 11/8/2013
I'm in love with ur style of writing!pruhun is my hetalia otp awesome story. Btw, I find it really funny that most of the hetalia fanfic authors know more about Germany than I do:D even though I'm German, there moments when I was like "woaahh. Did that really happen?"