Reviews for Always Will
mugglehugger chapter 1 . 6/13/2012
Really well-written and tragic. I think you got Bill and Charlie just right, and the idea that Charlie loved Tonks is absolutely believable.
X-xx-SugarBerries-xx-X chapter 1 . 4/20/2012
I think you got the perspectives of both brother amazingly well! Amazing story!
ReillyJade chapter 1 . 3/9/2012
Score for the Academy Awards Competition

Title:

Considering the premise of your story and the quote you were given, you chose the perfect title. It's simple, to the point, and sums up Charlie's feelings perfectly. I can't really say much else except for excellent choice. :) (3 points out of a possible 3)

Credit for quote & film given in author's note/disclaimer:

This was one of my biggest concerns with this competition, so thank you for following this rule! (2 points out of a possible 2)

Use of quote:

You really did awesome with the quote you were given. I think the fact that you used it as an inspiration for the story itself rather than putting it directly into it made it all the more realistic. For some reason, I can't picture Charlie saying the quote the way it is, so wording it differently was effective. (5 points out of a possible 5)

Grammar/Spelling:

There were only one or two grammatical errors in this piece, though they were minor things that are easy to miss. As far as spelling goes, I didn't catch any errors, so great job with that. :) (9 points out of a possible 10)

Characterization:

As you know, I have a great fondness for the two eldest Weasley siblings and I'm incredibly picky about how they're written. With that being said, I think you've served them both justice here. Charlie's feelings seem completely realistic; I think anyone would feel a bit guilty for crying less at a brother's funeral than a friend's, even if said friend was a love interest. And Bill...gosh, he's a wonderful big brother, isn't he? The way you've written him seems fitting: he cares deeply, but he doesn't pry, if that makes any sense. Well done! (10 points out of a possible 10)

Flow:

I'm usually not a fan of jumping straight into the action, but I think it works in this particular piece because you elaborate on the scenario at hand later on. Also, I appreciate that you didn't rush out of the story; too often I come across stories that simply end with no actual closure. (9 points out of a possible 10)

Overall story:

This is such a realistic scenario that's hardly ever explored, so I give major credit for trying something different. It hit home for me as well; I've experienced that guilt for feeling more sadness for the death of a friend rather than the death of a family member. This was a wonderful little snapshot of the brotherly love between Bill and Charlie. Also, I don't know if you intended this or not, but “always have, always will” is a notable quote from another Oscar film, Braveheart. If you didn't plan that, it's an interesting coincidence. :) (9 points out of a possible 10)

Subtotal: 47 points out of a possible 50

Bonus points:

5 review left for other participants (5 points out of a possible 5)

TOTAL SCORE: 52 points out of a possible 55.

Magnificent work! Thanks so much for participating in the competition! :)
Louey06 chapter 1 . 3/4/2012
I love Bill and Charlie moments. They are such good brothers to each other
CossetteLune chapter 1 . 3/1/2012
Awe, so sweet, so sad. This is a scenario I've actually thought about before. Excellent piece. xx
93 Diagon Alley chapter 1 . 2/9/2012
I learned a lesson from reading this just now: never read fanfiction right before going to class. The evidence of those tears will be awkward to explain :P

This was great. I thought the emotion was conveyed really well...and it actually hit pretty close to home. I lost both my grandmother (my first grandparent to go) and my cat (who I had for about 15 years, growing up) within a month of each other about a year and a half ago, and I *still* feel guilty that I cried more over his loss than my grandma's. Granted, I had about 9 months to prepare for her passing and around 12 hours for my cat's, but still. Feeling like you did something wrong for crying more for one loved one over another is perfectly normal, and you did a good job of portraying that.
ForeverTONKS chapter 1 . 2/1/2012
love it!

i really like charlie/tonks. you describe his feeling just brilliant and i love how bill is there for his brother.
HeadlessHuntsman chapter 1 . 1/28/2012
I Loved this story. I like how you have picked up on something that I always thought, that there was something between Charlie and Tonks even if it was and unrequited type of thing. You emotins felt real for such a short piece. Good job.
keeptheotherone chapter 1 . 1/28/2012
Nice. I love the idea of Charlie and Tonks, and if I remember correctly, there's just the tinest hint of it at the end of DH. I like how Bill is understanding and sympathetic, and Charlie's concern about grieving for her more than for Fred, and the way Bill just shows up with a drink and stays with him. I can feel the emotions of both men; good work :)
Rose of the West chapter 1 . 1/26/2012
Sniff, sniff. It would have made such a sweet pairing.
WolfMarauder chapter 1 . 1/23/2012
I loved this! I am a RemusxTonks shipper, but I think that a previous relationship is very plausible with Charlie. After all, you don't date one person then marry them. I can see this as a reason he never married, and your story painted the conflicting emotions beautifully.
kutlessgurl90 chapter 1 . 1/22/2012
I loved it! I could definitely see Charlie and Tonks together. I remember reading on HP Wiki about Tonks and Charlie possibly knowing each other since they might have been in the same year together, though we're unsure if they ever met. From what little I know about Charlie, I still they would have made a cute couple. I wish we got to see more of Charlie in the books though, in the movies as well.

This could be the reason Charlie never married-he never stopped loving Tonks, even after she died. He could always say he was married to his work, but that wouldn't be the real reason. Bill is right; you can't help what you feel. No one will look at him differently because he cried more at Tonk's funeral than at Fred's. There is no right or wrong answer to his question.

I loved this moment between the two eldest Weasley brothers, a relationship I wish we got to see more of. But again this a very good sibling fluff fic, and I hope to see more!

-kutlessgurl90
brujon chapter 1 . 1/22/2012
I'm dying inside. I'm such a fan of this ship. It's just the way things should have gone: Remus/Sirius and Charlie/Tonks. Good job.
OliviaKatetheGreat chapter 1 . 1/22/2012
Lovely. Sad but lovely. You really painted the moment. Well done.
silverbirch chapter 1 . 1/22/2012
Of course he cried harder at her funeral than at Fred's; I can understand that. He's crying for what could have been, he's crying for himself as well as her.

This is probably your most beautiful story.