Reviews for Between Fire and Ice
Coolguy-McFly chapter 4 . 9/10/2014
Been a while since that last time I read this story and even now it's still amazing.

This story deserves more faves, and follows than it has but maybe that's just due to not a lot of people seeing this game in the public eye; mostly just us nostalgics that remember spending their summers trying to get every ending back in the day, or those who see a Lets Play based on the game.

Either way this is still a great story, and I still look forward to seeing this bad boy getting an update someday. You probably have a lot of other stuff going on, and it's unfair to ask you to stop current projects just to jump to this so no worries man. You'll get around to it when the time is right, and you can bet we'll all be here to tell you how happy we are to see it.
the-long-lost-strawberry chapter 4 . 11/10/2013
Wow so I finally managed to track down this story and needless to say I am still fangirling my way through this. I love every aspect of this story and that the sign language is "precious" to Crono because he and Lucca came up with it. I hope to see an update one day! I totally understand where it's hard getting back into a story after a few months (or longer in my case!) and I just hope this doesn't get abandoned because it is really amazing :) keep up the great work!
ChaoticReviewer chapter 2 . 9/12/2013
UPDATE DAMNIT
ChaoticReviewer chapter 1 . 9/12/2013
update pleaseeeeeeee
Sentinel07 chapter 4 . 6/2/2013
I'm loving this so far. Keep up the good work.
Guest chapter 4 . 5/21/2013
I need more...:3 chrono trigger was my first video game I ever played and it's already awesome. And u made it even better...:D I love that chrono is mute because in the actual game he rarely speaks so it would make sense... Love this story, please continue!
GiantMako chapter 4 . 2/6/2013
Amazing work I must say.

Your take on Chrono's lack of speak is really cool and quite beleivible so kudos on that.

Everyone's personality feels right, and helps make the story that much more enjoyable, I certainly wouldn't worry about if they seem out of character because so far you've done them justice.

Looking forward to the next chapter.
FrictionX42 chapter 4 . 1/21/2013
Loved it! You are very good at evoking an emotional response and I love the plot so far. I especially enjoy the connections you've put in between the characters. I wonder though, in this fic are you including the optional side quest for the rainbow shell where it's discovered (spoiler here!) That the chancellor is a monster? Or is that the ... nevermind, boss bad guy is referenced repeatedly as being female. Guess I'm back to square one.
CWolf2 chapter 4 . 12/12/2012
You've created an interesting story, but there are some grammar issues you need to be aware of. I noticed you have trouble with words that sound alike but have different meanings: "than" and "then", "there" and "their". "Than" is used generally in comparison-like statements and "then" is used in statements that explain an order of events. You can look up these up online to get clearer explanations. But I think you have a very interesting plot, but the grammar detracts from the overall story. Keep working at it you really have something good here.
Wicked Sick chapter 4 . 12/5/2012
This story is looking up with the way you written Crono's past. Hope to see the next chapter soon.
Dragice Ryudo chapter 4 . 11/25/2012
I'm so glad you're not going to stop writing this. That's the dedication it needs.
I need to be honest about this though, for some reason when I got the notification this morning for an update, I was filled with this unnatural giddiness to get to read another chapter. This story just psyches me up for seemingly no reason. Each chapter makes me want more, and if I need to wait that's perfectly fine.
Each chapter you deliver is worth it. Well written, fluent, and filled with story and intrigue. I'm looking forward to the next chapter and I only just finished this one.
Keep up he good work.
Tsunamiatunzen1 chapter 4 . 11/25/2012
Yay! The story continues... as well as the plot thickening very nicely. I'm still amazed at how you accounted for Crono's silence and I applaud it.
Tsunamiatunzen1 chapter 3 . 9/2/2012
Nice on a take on post-Chrono Trigger!

I am a little frustrated with cliff-hangers as they leave a bad note if the story is left for too long. However, I love how you put new dangers in instead of just leaving things peacful.

Keep it up!
Endlos Nacht chapter 1 . 8/9/2012
I like the fact that you gave a reason why the main character, Crono, never spoke. So far its a good read.
Dragice Ryudo chapter 3 . 4/27/2012
This is an excellent story and I'm greatly looking forward to how you proceed with it. I also agree with you that no one is too out of character. It seems more to me that with Lucca you've captured more of the little girl you only see snipits of during the games, and the way you've developed Chrono, and explained why he doesn't speak, is a wonderful change of pace. It gives him more definition than can be grasped from the silent hero.

I do admit that I'm looking forward more to the main conflict and romantic portions of the story than the plot you've set in motion. But it will also be interesting to see how you fit everything together. Conflict is the meat of any great romance story, and it's just as rare to see it well done.

I look forward to your updates, however infrequent they might be, and apologize for the quality of this review.