Reviews for Valentine's Ball
More More More
Tammy333 chapter 4 . 6/9/2013
I loved it ! Thank you so much!
Onesimus42 chapter 4 . 2/3/2012
I think you did an excellent job and totally agree with Batwings79 that there's no need to write T or M stuff unless you want. I love to read romantic stories like this that show how much love they have for each other.

I liked the image of them continuing to dance after the music ended to the music in their heads and hearts. I also loved that she gave him cufflinks so that he could wear them and think of her. Very sweet story and I greatly appreciate it.
Batwings79 chapter 4 . 2/1/2012
You never have to write T or M unless you want to. I think you do an outstanding job just the way you are right now. This entire story contained very vivid descriptions and I really liked the little details that each knew about the other and the way they went out of their way to be there for each other...like when Elsie was present during Charles' confrontation with Mrs. Patmore but she stayed in the background unless he needed her.

I enjoyed this very romantic interlude. I loved the idea of the spare pair of cufflinks, something that he could wear that would remind him of her everyday.

I noticed that he trusted Bates and William to help him and those are the only two that I would likely trust with that big secret like his relationship with Elsie...and let's face it...they probably already suspect that it's her anyway since those two are 'no dummies'...LOL!

Very romantic indeed and looking forward to YOUR next entry in the Chelsie Library! More, Please!
18tilIdie chapter 4 . 2/1/2012
Lovely, very sweet !
18tilIdie chapter 3 . 1/29/2012
,cheers and hoots of course i wanna see some dancing ! With the right couple it'll be soooo heartwarming! Can't wait!
Onesimus42 chapter 3 . 1/29/2012
Very nice chapter even if it is just to set up future events. I like the image of Sybil dancing with her father.

And the plot thickens where Charles is concerned. Trying to make Valentine's special for Elsie. How sweet.
DowntonIsMyLife chapter 3 . 1/29/2012
Yay, i've waited all day for someone to update a story and I'm so glad it was this one :) Loved this, looking forward to the next one.
Onesimus42 chapter 2 . 1/28/2012
Very sweet. Poor Charles getting pulled into a disagreement with Mrs. Patmore & kudos to Elsie for coming to his rescue. Thank you & I'm looking forward to more.
Batwings79 chapter 2 . 1/27/2012
Another wonderful chapter! The soft exchange between Charles and Elsie after his argument with Mrs. Patmore was a nice touch. The way that Elsie reached out to him first and then was slow to withdraw from his touch. It was also cute that she was aware that he liked to watch her walk up the stairs and that she might have been teasing him just a bit but that darned Thomas had to interrupt! Argggh!

I was kind of hoping that Charles was planning a secret rendezvous in the attic as his Valentine for Elsie but it looks like that is not the case...and now I'm wondering what this 'thing' is that he's brought down from there. It couldn't just be the victrola, could it? I would not have thought that it was that heavy and bulky and item to move...but perhaps...LOL!
Batwings79 chapter 1 . 1/24/2012
Good Job! I like the little details that you've given about Charles and Elsie

* Tray in one hand, the other brushing her hand gently

*he had an excuse to go over to Elsie's sitting room later at night and take her into his arms to cuddle her. She was always feeling exceptionally cold when it rained

Of course, these are all things that Charles does for Elsie, and it would be nice to hear what are the little things that she does or thinks about him.

I know that we get to see her thinking about 'his reward' but although I DYING TO FIND OUT WHAT'S IN THE BOX...it doesn't feel quite the same as the little details from Charles to Elsie.

I do love that Sybil has come to ask Elsie for dancing lessons...might Charles step in soon and take Elsie in his arms in order to 'show' Sybil how it's done? *smirk smirk* Or perhaps he will observe from the doorway and later that night, a romantic dance might be part of his reward and/or his Valentine's Day present? Just thinking/wishing out loud here! LOL!

P.S. Can't think of a 'better' name for your story but if something comes to mind in later chapters, I'll be sure to let you know!

More, PLEASE! ;-)
Crazy Mokis chapter 1 . 1/23/2012
I'm excited to know if they will get a good Valentines'
18tilIdie chapter 1 . 1/23/2012
Excellent beginning keep up the good writing can't wait for the crunch and to find out what she's got in store for Mister C. ! Tell us soon and don't worry about the title we can't suggest anything until we know more of the story!