Reviews for Juvenalia
couriosity chapter 1 . 8/14/2014
"and he almost deserved it." Wonderful.
Miss mia chapter 1 . 6/26/2014
Ha! Great story- love the interplay between characters and original texts. And I agree, the movie was such a disappointment- VoTDT was always my favorite-
Athena Silverwolf chapter 1 . 3/14/2013
I did notice how much was missing, and different about the movie, though I thought it was as well done as to be expected for a two and a half hour time slot. I enjoyed Will Poulter's portrayal of Eustace emensly, and I hope to see him again in the Silver Chair, whenever it should go to the big screen. I liked this story, as I enjoy reading about Eustave's interaction with the Kings and Queens, after he's been undragoned. So good job :)
Miss mia chapter 1 . 2/4/2013
HaHA! Excellent riposte to that messed up movie. How I agree with you- green mist indeed! Well done! And remember- once an author in Narnia, always an author!
Shizuku Tsukishima749 chapter 1 . 12/30/2012
I LOVED THIS SO MUCH! *U* You have NO idea how much I enjoyed this! All the backlashes at the movie, how you incorporated them into the flow and plot of the fic, were WONDERFUL and SO true! *U*

The siblings were GORGEOUS, as always, and I liked your Eustace's maturity, which blooms more and more as the story goes along! The sword-fighting, Peter's dismay at Eustace's retelling, the Pevensies' storytelling session, Lucy and Ed's happiness at Peter and Susan's fortunes that summer instead of being jealous (I never thought of it like that before, even reading the book, so I REALLY like the version you have! *U*), and Eustace's real determination to do their story justice at the end...! *U* *U* BEAUTIFUL work, but then, what else should I expect from one of my favorite Narnia authors on this site! *U* *U*

Oh, and about your note concerning the movie version: THANK YOU! I hated the film the first time I saw it, but gave it another chance and saw it a second time, but hated that, too! I just felt so STRICKEN that such a beautiful story would be twisted so that it was, more or less, unrecognizable! I LOVED the first two films, the first admittedly more than the second (though the second was still fantastic, for the most part - only thing I didn't really like was Peter's attitude and how he handled things most of the movie), and I was really, really excited for this one! I was so heartbroken, though, when I saw the finished product. It was horrid! T_T I'm just really, really happy someone feels the same way 'cause no one else I really talk to gets it, including my Narnia fan family and friends... T_T
Fierce Queen chapter 1 . 12/13/2012
I can't believe I haven't read this! But, oh my gosh, it was so hilarious! I really love how you play the Pevensies off each other. Peter and Ed have to be the best pair when it comes to humor. Adding Lucy (and Susan) to the mix just turns the dial up. Peter's comment about pea soup jokes was priceless!

I love how you make VDT movie into Eustace's version of the events. Thank you so much! I liked VDT at first too because it was quite funny, but the more I thought on it, the more I hated it because Edmund, Lucy, and Aslan were so out of character and so much was changed (and the changes didn't even stem from ideas in the book!). I wish we could turn back the clocks and change the script...where's a Delorean and Doc Brown?

Absolutely wonderful job with this! You always make me laugh :D

Aslan's Blessings and a Merry Christmas season!
Fierce
Jessica chapter 1 . 10/16/2012
Very, very nice. Loved it!
peanutmeg chapter 1 . 9/2/2012
Thanks so much for posting! I love how you addressed the...problems with the film, and the interaction of everyone here was perfect (especially Peter and Edmund). Thanks again for sharing! :)
Misty Blue chapter 1 . 8/18/2012
Yes! The more Accurate stuff the better? Agree. Your opinion on the third movie? Totally agree. And about this fic . . . Absolutely enjoyed it! Awesome job, as always! :)
Peonywinx chapter 1 . 6/5/2012
Oh dear! I am laughing so hard at this. Brilliant job, superbly done. It's hilarious and yet subtly addresses the differences between the books and the movies. Definitely favoriting.
saladgurl chapter 1 . 5/25/2012
Loved it! I felt exactly the same way about the third movie, so I thought this was hilarious. Great characterization, especially Eustace, and really cute ending.
Rayven49 chapter 1 . 4/29/2012
I don't know how I've missed this one. But I'm glad I found it (and several other of your stories that I clearly haven't been watching hard enough) because it was sweet :) I like how Susan's listening from the other room and how Edmund portrays his siblings. This was lovely to read!
Miniver chapter 1 . 4/22/2012
What an inventive way to bring up mention of the movie screenplay! What I liked best about this story, though, is the way you caught the characters of the four Pevensies as adults in bodies that appeared many years younger. You showed by their behavior, their outlook, and even their energetic athletic pursuits that their Narnian natures have remained with them. This is something that the second and third films completely failed to do, and this failure was the greatest reason for my disappointment with the movies. I wouldn't even have minded the green mist in VDT so much if the real, full Edmund and Lucy had been there onscreen with it. Thank goodness they were in your story. You also showed their sense of unity and community with one another, and their loving welcoming of Eustace into their group. Splendid work all around.
Ghanaperu chapter 1 . 4/5/2012
I liked it a lot! Very funny. I can almost see this happening.

As for side notes about actors, I was amazed at how much Will Poulter was like Eustace, as I had imagined him!
Hagios chapter 1 . 3/13/2012
Oh my gosh I loved it, it made me very nastalgic for the old days (back before the movies even came out)when I read the books every night. Like you, the third movie excited me at first, and now I can't even watch it. Narnia will always be my first fantasy love and I will always be that kid who was convinced that yes, Narnia was somewhere in my closet. Your portrayal of each one of them is just like I always imagined they would grow up; they always seemed real to me and you made that come to life like you always do.

Thank you so much for continuing their story!