Reviews for State of Play
time2read chapter 1 . 7/22/2014
Great ficlet! Haha Mycroft as so in character and yes I do believe he cares about his brother.
Chipmunk94 chapter 1 . 5/20/2013
John didn't punch Lestrade, he punched the Chief of Police, or something like that. Someone higher up on the food chain than Lestrade.
The Pearl Maiden chapter 1 . 2/5/2013
That ending! Oh my goodness!
alocin chapter 1 . 1/23/2012
I very much agree with your sentiments on Mycroft and this was a good run through of what could have been happening over the course of the Fall!

Teeny typo - think you meant libel not liable.
TadPole11 chapter 1 . 1/22/2012
Well, I agree with you about Mycroft, but I think now that you've "talked" it out, you realize there has to be more to it than what we are shown, no? Moffat keeps going on about a clue with Sherlock being OOC, when really it is Mycroft OOC in the last episode. Without any kind of reason why he would act that way, we have to assume there are things he did that we did not see. Such as your idea (the general consensus) that there was plotting/secrecy of some kind between Mycroft and Sherlock in between meetings with Moriarty.

That is the only rational explanation.

I believe in MYCROFT. :)

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Neat take on the events, BTW. Well done.
Sarah1281 chapter 1 . 1/22/2012
John was not arrested for punching Lestrade. Lestrade was outside at the time with Sherlock. John punched the Yard boss guy who said that it wasn't a surprise that Sherlock did this because he was crazy. I also think that a position of 'not "selling out" your family even though countless innocents will die if you don't' is at all a moral position to take so even if Sherlock wasn't in on Mycroft talking and the information was real I can't blame him. Of course, I think that either way the information was real because otherwise how could it hold up? And I think that you were a little hard on the reporter. Maybe if Mycroft was feeling vengeful he ruined her but it seems that as far as we know she really bought Moriarty's story and he had very compelling fabricated evidence of his story that left even John asking for an explanation (he didn't believe it, of course, but he needed to know what the evidence meant).