Reviews for Bella's Guitar
Elle Blessingway chapter 6 . 7/3
I've really never read Twilight fic until the last couple of months. This is the FIRST time I've seen Billy (or anyone, really) call Bella out on her shit, specifically the enormity of her selfishness.

Bravo, Billy. BRAVO.
Such a good twist. I did see the foreshadowing, this a very well thought out plot
Really really loving this story
This story is just lovely. Your characterization of Leah is one of the best I've ever read. Most people just write her very one dimensional. I woke my husband up laughing out loud at 2am reading this.
IM A AUSSIE GIRL chapter 30 . 4/28
love your story so much it just gets better and better
Charlie thought Paul was a nice guy *snort*. And Leah *shaking my head*...
Charlie thinks Paul is a nice guy? Wow. And poor Vera.
I'm glad Bella is trying to be a better friend. The Webers are nice. I find it interesting how simply knowing about vampires makes Bella feel isolated from everyone else. And her enforced silence on the subject is very limiting for her. But it builds up the payoff when she learns she can share this strange information with La Pushians who are already in the know. She won't be so alone in that knowledge any longer.
The making of the soup was simply epic! Egad. I've always liked Embry so I am pleased to see your take on his positive character development. He's protective of Jacob. Little Red Wrecking Hood - hahahahahaha! So many undercurrents...

I am trying to meet your request for reviews. It is not an easy habit for me, but I am working on it.

Did you ever see Fried Green Tomatoes? There is a line I sort of remember where a woman is feeling unlike herself (although it's not PPD) and the elder character says something like, "Honey, you need to get you some hormones!" Body chemistry is so crucial and I hope your medications are helping your PPD. Your child is no longer a newborn. *sigh* How swift is life! Warm thoughts.
Happy belated birthday! The little details you add make the scenes so real. The music torture-turned-music education class was hilarious! Loved it. Leah and Bella could start a Very-Angry-Girl Band. Their afternoon was more productive than steelhead fishing in the rain and their families needed a respite. Now Leah needs to stop hitting Seth and control her temper. Seth is perennially sweet.

I am enjoying this Leah and understanding her better. It's nice to see her with good grades and goals. I suppose her cursing is triggered by her anger and pre-phasing hormones? I didn't think the La Push kids really started cursing until they phased and were then influenced by the mind-sharing with the older wolves. Hmmm. (Would Charlie really withhold aspirin as punishment? Yikes.)
1. I have only just begun to realize how valued reviews are, thanks largely to your A/Ns. I am making more of an effort now. 2. Thank heavens you work humor into all this angst. Pain and depression are difficult enough to survive without reading about it a lot. As you know...(how you are feeling better these days.) 3. Embry is Jacob's brother! The broken window sill was taken for its smell! Billy doesn't want Paul imprinting on either twin! Paul is trying to trigger the change in the young werewolves-to-be, especially Jacob! Embry is trying to stop the change! OMG, what a looong angsty evening triggered by ... frosting?! 4. Embry might have needed to stick snow all over Leah and Bella, in addition to Jake. Yikes...women scorned and all of that. Self-control much? 5. I'm glad you didn't have Charlie get toasted and hook up while at a party with his daughter. He seems to have more discretion than that. 6. I really dislike it when someone (especially someone like Bella who reads a lot calls someone else a 'tramp'. Still chuckling over Quilicious, Sex Doctor.
This was really done well, considering the emotional range encompassed in the chapter. Charlie gets to behave as if it is his own son he is embarrassing. I loved seeing the twins interact with everyone, especially Jake. It seems possible they will be getting a second little (half-)brother. The parallels between Leah's situation and Bella's are striking the way you drew them. I'm happy to see Quil come to the rescue at times. The jokes about sex and relationships are so authentic to the age group. Joy Ateara is a trip...not unlike Renee when it comes to sex.
I love that you are showing the prankster side of Charlie that I always suspected was lurking in there. I wonder if Embry is going to find out *who* his father is...dun dun dun dun! I also love your Angela and her mom.
Another funny, angsty chapter that peels back the covers on Charlie a little more. Good job.
Yes, I am still a guest. But this was a great chapter. You capture the interactions of the teenage boys so well. What a great scene you staged for Ms. Ateara to interrupt! And your story is really giving us a more 3-dimensional Charlie. This is fun!
1,321 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »