Reviews for 64: Ricochet
brandie2007 chapter 34 . 8/24
I really hope you continue with this story!
Messy Ink chapter 34 . 8/19
This has been a real pleasure to read, and if it makes you feel any better about being "stuck in a characterization hole for over a year," I really think you've nailed every single character we've been introduced to, even the less central ones. What I especially liked about this AU is that the latency allows for a maturity which we weren't able to see in the original series - in fact, it was the lack of maturity amongst the original characters that prevented me from really enjoying it. And yeah, it's a YA series so I shouldn't have gone in with that mindset in the first place, but because of the fact that Gale, Katniss, and Peeta have aged out of that "misunderstood/lovestruck teenager" phase that they've become not only more likeable, but also more capable. I'd have to say that my favorite PoV is Madge's, and it was nice to see her given an opportunity that will break her out of the label of "the Mayor's daughter" that's been hanging over her head for so long and make a name for herself by herself. And I know you've said in previous AN's that Gale's one of the characters that you have a harder time writing, so I hope it encourages you to know that he's my other favorite PoV!
I really hope you finish this!
stjohn27 chapter 34 . 5/23
Just found thisc story yesterday and stayed up all night reading it. PLEASE update soon!
You've got real talent, and this story is amazing. I totally get how you can stuck in a rut, and kudos to you for posting everything even though I know you like to keep several chapters ahead (I've been faithfully reading your author's notes and you've got one helluva sense of humour. lol)

I honestly hope you finish it eventually, it's too epic of a tale to not - and I dunno how helpful I'm going to be, but I'm just gonna go out on a limb and rain some suggestions on you. (Cos I really desperately want you to get your mojo back. Haha)

1) re-read your favourite chapters from the books
2) re-watch your favourite scenes from the movies
3) troll tumblrs or the Internet for THG gifs
4) troll for fan art.
5) read other highly lauded fics
6) get inspiration from other books
7) skip the chapter you're having difficulty with (Gale is the one you're stuck at presumably?) and continue on to one you enjoy, then come back and fill it up.

Haha I really hope I didn't come off as obnoxious. It's just what I do when I feel a general malaise when it comes to writing and get stuck at a point in one of my own stories and can't seem to progress after that.

I'll be marking this as a favourite and will be faithfully following it, and hoping for an update. Chin up! I'm sure you'll get your groove back eventually. Again, let me express my admiration at how you've kept at this for three years, and still managed to churn out fantastic work with each chapter posted.

That being said, I wish you all the best, and hope that everything with you has been going splendidly. :)

XO,
Heidi
Angie731 chapter 34 . 3/7
Thanks for writing! It's a shame really, because this story has such potential, but it almost feels like it's being dragged out. It took nearly 20 chapters for Katniss to even smile at Peeta. That's not slow burn, that's fire extinguished. LOL and then right after that they were separated. Which, while it mirrors the general undertones of the last book of the trilogy, doesn't really have the same effect because Katniss and Peeta have barely had any real interaction here. In the original trilogy, Katniss spent 2 books falling for Peeta. That way when the separation happened, as a reader, you really felt for her. For both of them. Here, her feelings of inadequacy with regard to Peeta almost seem forced. Because honestly, she doesn't know him. I'm curious to see how this will turn out, believe me I know how busy real life gets and how difficult it is to force yourself to keep going when your muse has gone on vacay, but I do hope we hear something soon. Good luck!
B Dizzy chapter 34 . 3/5
what's up? are you still working on this or have you switched gears? I just noticed it's not finished and I'm on chapter 27 I don't wanna keep going if I'm going to be left hanging out with my Wang out, let me know please much love Dizzy out
midnight shadow of darkness chapter 34 . 1/25
I absolutely fell in love with this! I thought this was brilliant by how you altered the time line but kept the flow of the Hunger Games series. I especially loved how you switch Peeta and Katniss role in the rebellion. I love how they slowly interact in the early stages of this story without them being reap for THG. I also found interesting how you maintain throughout this story the multiple characters' p.o.v. Well done!
I look forward to what you have in store next! :)
Hooserm chapter 32 . 1/5
I sure hope Katniss doesn't get hijacked or tortured. Please update real soon!
NourLight chapter 1 . 1/2
No update huh? Four months not enough? it's all right, take your time, you are not torturing any fans at all... Dammit I'm going to explode here! just update already please :(
NourLight chapter 34 . 12/30/2015
I relly don't get whay it's taking you two years to finish this story! it is a good one so you should be excited to finish it!
XxCrossxXMyXxHeartxX chapter 34 . 12/1/2015
Wow, you finally updated! I had to go and reread the last two chapters because I'd actually forgotten what was going on in the story (cue sheepish grin). This chapter was written amazingly well, and my heart just goes out to poor Peeta and Finnick. The story still hasn't lost its status of being my favourite fanfiction in The Hunger Games fandom so keep it up!
bethylark chapter 30 . 11/23/2015
I swear to God if Katniss gets hijacked... You have some kind of death wish!
bethylark chapter 10 . 11/21/2015
WHEN WOULD THEY GO TO THE BATHROOM?
honeylime chapter 34 . 10/6/2015
Oh Peeta. It's painful to see our dandelion without hope, and I'm glad that it was restored by the end of the chapter. But, ugh, the waiting. One more day? I hope for all their sakes there's some movement soon.

Thanks for the update! I hope that your characters start behaving themselves soon as I always look forward to more of this story. :)