Reviews for Pretty Dresses
Bellatrix0515 chapter 6 . 7/28/2014
Such a beautiful story of unrequited love. I feel like you really gave a voice to every girl who has felt like Madge, which is probably most of us. And it was brilliant.
frouwe chapter 6 . 12/29/2013
Oh wow, it's been a while since I read something so heart-wrenching. Madge is so tentative around Gale, because she needs him so much and she cares so much; even when she starts pushing his buttons (and she knows when she is because she knows his cues, and she thinks she knows he loves her even if he doesn't know it, which BROKE MY HEART, btw) it's all careful and at his pace. Gale is more unpredictable because we don't get to know his thoughts, but I'm pretty sure there's a war raging in his mind.

I think it's hilarious how the chapters grow exponentially in length and angst. I doubt you thought it would get to this when you started writing it. It's probably not going to happen, but I want the one time she doesn't, okay, so please finish this.
Aretee chapter 6 . 9/29/2013
So. Worth. It. :)
Aretee chapter 5 . 9/29/2013
Wow. This whole story breaks my heart. Do you know how often I've been Madge in my life. And I never got a kiss even out of obligation. I know her pain. One more chapter to go...
Guest chapter 6 . 5/6/2013
This is so flawless- I'm jealous of your writing
kita kita pumpkin eater chapter 6 . 2/17/2013
please please update this story is amazing
xoVanilla-Bean chapter 5 . 1/20/2013
I swear, you're turning me into the biggest Madge/Gale shipper ever. It's a good thing. I've been avoiding reading Gale/Madge fics for the LONGEST time. But I'm so happy I'm reading yours first, because you're making me love an almost hidden character in the book. Thank you for that!

Also, you're making me have SO MANY EMOTIONS OVER THIS. Seriously, this is perfection. The bittersweet-ness in every section and the angst and the subtle but fabulous Gale-Madge interaction. You're some sort of queen.

You've basically ruined any other Gale/Madge fic for me. I haven't decided if I hate you for that or not. ;)
xoVanilla-Bean chapter 4 . 1/20/2013
"From under the dark and heavy thundercloud of his eyebrows, his eyes shine like silver lining. They don't attempt to smite me with livid lightning for an offense I didn't commit, but I still shiver involuntarily as if an electrical current passed through my body when they fix upon my sky-blue ones. Gale looks at me as if he almost appreciated my gesture. I wish I didn't have to be surprised."

WHY ARE YOU SO AWESOME?

I've decided that this is my Madge canon. Just, by the way.
xoVanilla-Bean chapter 3 . 1/20/2013
Omg. Their interaction and Madge's thoughts. I don't care if this turned introspective at all, because it was so goooood.

There were so many parts in this little chapter that I adored. All the little details and the way you said those parts was awesome. The details, too! You're so good with the details! You made them to where they stung when I read them, like they were details I felt instead of only read.

I'm absolutely loving the way you're spinning Madge's thoughts and her character as a whole. And I like how she's helping Gale to see the change Katniss and Peeta made after the first Games. I like the concept - who's to say Gale and Madge didn't have any interaction between the Games, anyway? ;)

I really loved the line "...I'd certainly prefer even the tiniest spark of recognition to the odd not-quite-a-glare Gale fixes me with as the interview concludes. Why-are-you-not-Katniss? he seems to ask." and then the answering line, paragraphs later, "...Why am I not Katniss? I ask myself."
xoVanilla-Bean chapter 1 . 1/20/2013
In this alternate reality where Madge doesn't die without reason and I admit to myself that yeah, Katniss is with Peeta, even after the epilogue in Mockingjay, (especially when I read Mockingjay for the first time and denied the ending for like, ever) I can imagine Gale and Madge coming together. In a way. So do a lot of people, I think. (Sometimes I judge interest and worth of a story by the number of reviews, which isn't always very reliable.)

There was just something about their tension, I guess.

Even though this first chapter was short, I loved the way you portrayed Madge. I wish her character had been investigated more, even though her giving Katniss the Mockingjay was a big indication of what kind of character she could have been if she lived. AND I LOVE ANGST. The edge of wanting and wishing that you gave her made this just the right amount of sad and lonely.

And Gale. Even from Madge's point of view, he was very much in character. You have really great lines in here. Especially the paragraph about Gale's stare. That was the /best/.

I'm pretty sure this story is going to be the Madge-story of my dreams. ;)
Ninazadzia chapter 6 . 12/29/2012
Literally had my eyes glued to the screen, this was so phenomenal. I haven't read fanfiction this good in a very, very long time, and I don't throw that praise around lightly. Ugh, can I be you? Because his was just beautiful.
xx Nina
dewdrops and crowns chapter 1 . 11/30/2012
Hey Ellenka! I haven't talked to you in a while but its good to see you around on like tumblr and things and yeah.. well Jo said your stories are fabulous and I only just got round to reading them and I saw you'd done a gadge and got all excited, and I was not disappointed.
May I just say your language is so beautiful, I especially like the paragraph on looking past appearances.
You've got a way of communicating how Madge is feeling in such a short amount of time and I feel Madge and Gale are perfect, Gale slightly prejudiced and ruled by hatred for the capitol, and Madge is also against the capitol, but she also knows to play the part of the Mayor's daughter, and how she understands her situation so well. And her jealousy of Gale and Katniss' friendship well yep.
lovelyylovelyylovelyy
love rosie3 chapter 6 . 10/31/2012
I could have sworn I reviewed this months ago but I went to reread and looks like I haven't so I'm making up for it now. Anyway loved this story! I think you captured the angst of the pairing of Gale and Madge so well. Also this is one of my favorite portrayals of Gale..I think you have a great handle on his character. And that sex scene..well it was so poetic and lovely :-)
readwritereview chapter 1 . 10/16/2012
Madge seems jealous and possessive. You portrayed her quite well.
jennycaakes chapter 6 . 9/29/2012