Reviews for Dearest Quentin
WeLonelyOldSouls chapter 1 . 12/21/2014
Wow, another great insight. This moves the story some, but not a huge amount. The main point as I've seen it is that we get what we put into life. If we coast along, never adding meaning, then our lives are meaningless. However, if we put down roots, tie ourselves down, then we become ingrained in meaning. From your letter, it moves the point from seeking meaning to seeking dreams. Margo wanted adventure, wanted to be free to the sky, with all that came with. Q didn't. The two were so very different, one flighty and fleeting, the other steady and rooted. Different strokes for different folks. That's life. Thanks for writing.
LionsTale chapter 1 . 11/15/2012
I could totally see this being part of the book! It sounds like Margo. :)
The Thief Lord's Lover chapter 1 . 11/7/2012
Wow 3
britt chapter 1 . 9/15/2012
Ouch this was great and its 1:30 am and now i am sad and ugh good job
Ah-Beh-Ceh chapter 1 . 8/24/2012
Great poem! It really expresses what Margo had felt. I love how you used lines that John Green put in Paper Towns.
theredrobin chapter 1 . 4/15/2012
Oh, Margo.

This poem has such a compelling back and forth between hopelessness and a fierce determination to at least try to be something more, all of which sounds spot on like Margo - or at least my idea of Margo. ;)

I especially like that final line of the last stanza, about her yellowing and fading like the paper girl she fears she is. Terrible and beautiful all at once.
YourNerdfightingNeighbor chapter 1 . 4/13/2012
I love this. All the details and descriptions are really good. I love how you said that she would yellow just like a piece of paper. I didn't think of it that way. Best wishes! :)