Reviews for The Face of Evil
TheNaggingCube chapter 16 . 10/12/2013
Shew... oh wow this was a hard intense amazing story. Well done. Oh Steve... That pillow bit was just another nasty wound to Steve's psyche.
Tanith2011 chapter 16 . 3/11/2012
Aww such a sad conclusion but also a very well written one to a story that had me biting my nails from all the suspense then reaching for tissues as Connie's life was violently ripped away from Steve's heart. And the ending...needed tissues...almost!
Tanith2011 chapter 15 . 3/11/2012
A great first part to a conclusion!
Tanith2011 chapter 14 . 3/11/2012
"Steve was still in his own private hell."

This was so intense! And the ending...ohhh poor Steve K!
Tanith2011 chapter 13 . 3/9/2012
If I hadn't had such a long day poring over notes I would be heading for the next update in a flash!

Wow the suspense and the cliff hanger left me breathless! Very good :)
Blind Ninja Master chapter 16 . 3/1/2012
I apologize for the lack of reviews from me on this great story. RL got in the way.

This is a fantastic and extremely powerful story and I enjoyed it greatly. I also look forward to reading your sequel! :)

Tanith2011 chapter 12 . 3/1/2012
You're certainly building up the suspense here! Despite plodding along with my slow reading, I have no trouble continuing to read where I left off each time because your story is unique and easily remembered. I thought you did a superb job with the visuals on Steve kicking the door in. To me it was more than just imagery. It was symbolic to Steve's determination, frustration that they couldn't get King sooner and his anguish - which he seems to be pushing aside so that Mike will let him work on the case. I think Steve is really hurting but putting up a brave front for Mike and for Connie.
Tanith2011 chapter 10 . 2/22/2012
What a powerful chapter from Mike's telling Steve the terrible news,then Connie's parents' anguish to Steve sitting by Connie's side and finally the tragic loss.

This needed a tissue alert! Steve being dragged away from Connie's form by Mike was heartbreaking.

"Steve. What can I do?"

So sad to see Mike at a loss of how to help his partner through such a tragedy.

I hope Steve will keep his head and find healing from his grief.
Bamboozlepig chapter 16 . 2/18/2012
Wow, congratulations on writing a great edge-of-the-seat thriller, not to mention an utterly despicable bad guy! I had to read this in one sitting and believe me, I was glued to the computer screen with each chapter...King really creeped me out, he was such a slimy serial killer. The standoff at the end was incredibly tense...on one hand, I wanted him to live so he'd spend the rest of his life rotting in San Quention with the other scum, but on the other hand, I wanted him to die for what he'd done to Connie and the other women. Love the portrayal of the partnership between Mike and Steve too..the have as strong of bond as Pete and Jim do in Adam-12. Awesome job! Will start reading the sequel next.
Tanith2011 chapter 9 . 2/15/2012
Oh no! This is going to kill Steve! Edge of your seat writing heart was hammering towards the end. I knew something bad was going to happen but it didn't lessen the blow when I read it.

Looking forward to reading more soon :-)
Tanith2011 chapter 8 . 2/15/2012
Cute scene at the end and Mike's "Okay, okay. Let's get going, Romeo," is true to his character!
Tanith2011 chapter 7 . 2/15/2012
Oooh this villain is cruel! You're doing a great job on this story.

I am worried about much as I didn't like her in the series, you have written it in a way that convinces me to give her a second chance for Steve's sake.
arkagy chapter 16 . 2/13/2012
Poor Steve. A couple of great chapters there and i'm waiting for the sequel with anticipation.
mcatB chapter 14 . 2/11/2012
This was the strongest and best chapter (so far?) for me for this fic. The stress, the fear, the grief all hitting Steve... the gamut of emotions - this is what it's about. Thanks.
arkagy chapter 14 . 2/10/2012
lovely and twisty. Poor Steve. of course, i would have maimed him with that knife he threw! LOL!