Reviews for Staying
kohimiruku chapter 1 . 9/22/2013
i don't know how else to say this but this is pretty much everything perfect and right and painful and beautiful about this pairing and this series. much kudos to you.
Will.Hell.Minna.-Sophia Isobel chapter 1 . 7/28/2012
The waiting game all over again... *sigh* Why can't Watanuki just be happy with Doumeki? This was very nice by the way. _
rubato skies chapter 1 . 4/27/2012
This was really sweet :)

I really liked the fragmented nature of it. For being written so disconnectedly, it really paints a very nice, complete picture. The tone of your writing is really in line with the tone near the end of the manga too.

I feel like there's a point in the cannon where Dou/Wata could have been a thing, and I also think you managed to capture that time period without meandering into AU like most.

Very beautiful. I would love to see more of this snapshot storyline if you're willing to write it!
mochiusagi chapter 1 . 3/21/2012
Awwwwwee that was cute, if not Ina depressing note.
Tears Parallel chapter 1 . 2/12/2012
I really like your style of writing. I was actually surprised when I saw that this was very close to the end of the manga; I'm really used to reading fanfictions dated a lot closer to the middle or beginning. (I actually wanted to tear up knowing what happens a bit later on canon-wise...) I really like how you've written small scenes of how Doumeki just stays with Watanuki. It's really effective, especially when Watanuki questions him and asks him why he stays. (I actually laughed when Doumeki talked about going out of his way to get the particular beef Watanuki wanted...)

...And I also laughed when Watanuki got hit on the head for acting like Doumeki. Doumeki's methods just doesn't work for him.

...And when their first kiss was shared when Watanuki was drunk, I was both happy and sad. Happy that Doumeki was able to finally admit his feelings to him, and sad that it had to be when he thought Watanuki was only doing it because he was drunk. It's even sadder when Watanuki couldn't admit anything after he was no longer drunk and lost his opportunity. (But it made me smile knowing that he was thinking of a next time where he'll do it right!)

I'm hoping that that ending right there means that it happened, right? (Excuse my perverseness...) Thank you very much for this beautiful piece1
James Birdsong chapter 1 . 1/24/2012