Reviews for Misunderstandings and Misconceptions
fanficfantasies chapter 1 . 4/6/2013
Oh... Nice so far! Really makes you wanting more. Great us of italics and bold, and pulling quotes from the book was genius. Great job so far!
Moi chapter 1 . 1/27/2012
Ah well, I meant to say, if it was Gryffindor who died the last, who survived the longest, obviously.

Moi chapter 1 . 1/27/2012
Well, they say the victor writes history.

We know Slytherin left (or was made to leave) the first of the four, having sired at least one child throughout his life. No parselmouth descendant of his before Tom Riddle allegedly has attended Hogwarts since then. Though, apart from his family's bragging to be related to him using his reputation for themselves, who knows anything about what became of him? If he knew how to conceal the Chamber from his Co-Founders, who knows what structural changes and entrances he might have inserted without them knowing?

According to Helena Ravenclaw, Ravenclaw died of a terminal disease having given birth to this one now grown-up but still young daughter. So she never was ancient.

The Smiths claim to be descendants of Hufflepuff, so she had at least one child. So possibly, Gryffindor wasn't childless either. Of neither we know which died first. If it was Gryffindor and especially after his falling out with Slytherin, who should have prevented him from tweaking the Sorting Hat's enchantments a bit in his favor?

Great first hint at a plot. Nothing is at it seams, as happens so often if you compare evidence to historical texts. In many instances they are pure propaganda or at least heavy exaggerations.