Reviews for Consequences of the Castle
Lluvia185 chapter 5 . 2/6/2012
Heavens! We're having a cold spell from Siberia and I barely notice it anymore!
golden12 chapter 5 . 2/6/2012
Wow, If only the tv show was as exciting. Can't wait for the next installment.
Tripp3235 chapter 5 . 2/6/2012
WOO HOO! Awesome. And of course you have ruined me to ever writing sex in FF as this is too good to follow up on.

I do love how Mary said Matthew won't hurt her because well, they need to discuss that.

So does this mean things are improved now? Relations? Usually sex complicates things...

Loved it! It was hot! And awesome! And I giggled at Mary "stumbling into the wall".
OnlyALouse chapter 5 . 2/6/2012
Wow. Seriously, how do you do it?

That was amazing. Really, truly, a piece of genius writing. Everything was just so emotional and so perfectly in character, it was wonderful!

Matthew must ask mary to marry him now, surely? He can't not, in my eyes, but of course, I don't know what you have planned. I do forsee many twists and turns coming, however. Though I have no clue as to the direction of these. I really am intruiged to see where you go with this. :)

I really really love this and am just in awe of your writing skills! Can't wait for next monday - I will be counting down the days :)

Alice x
GhostIsland chapter 5 . 2/6/2012
OMFG. That...THAT was EPICALLY hot. :D Against a castle wall, yes - that's the very definition of EPIC. And the lead up...oh, I simply adored. Exquisitely written. :D Mary's hesitation, overcome by desire (the wonderful moments where she remembers - then disregards - her upbringing), the fact that Matthew ASKS her - AHHH! So sweet! :) The dialogue between them beforehand, when she's trying to tell him about Pamuk and can't, and all the ways this is different and better than Pamuk and OMG Matthew's thoughts at the moment it starts...so intimate, so personal. AHH! And how neither wants to really address it afterwards, talking around it...oh perfect, PERFECT. This was SO worth the wait and I cannot WAIT until next Monday! :) Take a bow, ladies...you're quite simply amazing. :D
Pemonynen chapter 5 . 2/6/2012
*Goes and stands outside in the snow in an attempt to cool down*. Erm...yeah...pretty sure I won't be able to visit any castles now without being...reminded *ahem* of this!

I think it was in the A/N in the first chapter that you put that you think it's your best work as OSASM, and you're not wrong!

The tension between them is almost unbearable, and I can practically feel it rolling off the screen (page?). I love how they're so in tune with each other, and seem to understand each other, but without really knowing it. I can't wait to see where it goes!

Excellent and amazing work, both of you!

Eagerly awaiting the next installment. :D

(At least the cold weather is going to be around for a few more weeks anyway... ;))
TheSingingGirl chapter 5 . 2/6/2012
Okay. Don't hate me for saying this, and it might just be because I'm a little bit depressed at the moment but... this felt ever so slightly dub-con. Mary never said yes. She was panicking right up until he said "I don't want to hurt you."

Actually, the more I read over it, the more I think you wanted us to remember that this is in no way perfect. The way Mary keeps getting distracted, the way her confession is cut off - we STILL have no mention of love or even liking - the only positive word we've had is 'darling' and that's decidedly one-sided. Mary wanted Matthew out of- nope, she just wanted him. That's not exactly brimming with romance.

Well, you definitely succeeded in making me feel slightly ill at ease with the whole scenario. It was the wrong decision for them. Well, I suppose a fic called Consequences was always going to contain a wrong decision near to the beginning.

Right, I have 1000 words on distinctive features to finish, so I shall get back to that. At least until UC pops up... :P

TSG
TrapperII chapter 5 . 2/6/2012
Oh, happy Monday to us all! Due to things like Super Bowls, work, and general weekend happenings, I had completely forgotten about this Monday treat, so I was thrilled to see the alert in my inbox. And I was not disappointed.

Why, oh why, is virginal!Matthew so wonderful? There's just something about him that is so caring and gentle and fabulous. I think this was my favorite line of the chapter: "However much she fought with him and disagreed with him and resented him, she never did not trust him, she realised." Sigh. So true.

I am inexpressibly relieved that Mary didn't go all cold and distant on Matthew immediately following. I suppose that could still happen in future ...

Also, I can't help but think that the perfect cover for their "activities" would be to wait for the rain to break and get soaked (hence masking their ruffled appearance very effectively). But I suppose they wouldn't be able to keep their hands off each other if soaked to the skin, so that plan could backfire on them :)

At long last, we've had the Castle; now I'm ready for the Consequences! :)
Ju-dou chapter 5 . 2/6/2012
Gaaaaaaah!

"Fell against a wall!" - I cannot wait for the explanation they give to the family, cannot WAIT!

Ugh this was just so perfect, I loved the sheer mindlessness of it all, you captured the madness of their passion so so well and I was literally biting my nails throughout! Of course, Matthew is going to ask Mary to marry him now, right? Or not.. I am so so intrigued as to where this is going because that to me seems the only option but I feel like you have some more twists and turns in mind, you evil evil geniuses you.

Gah, back to the real world indeed. I shall come back and read it again later!
darkblueyank chapter 4 . 2/4/2012
Thanks Serena89 for allowing us all to release our inner 12-yr-old. My favorite line was "and where this was leading to was becoming more and more evident". Gotta giggle.
Ju-dou chapter 4 . 2/3/2012
Oh sweet joy! I am not renowned for my restraint so I would urge them to continue and damn the consequences - get conquering! I am immeasurably glad you didn't keep us waiting a whole week, and more on Monday! Let joy be unconfined! I can't help but feel if the family ever discover this impropriety there will be smelling salts all round. I hope no-one else fancies a windy walk to the castle! Ugh, I love this and when you say 'go AU' I am assuming you mean 'smut' and this I like.
Tripp3235 chapter 4 . 2/2/2012
Ohhhhhh, Matthew! How will Mary react? Does she even know?

Very hot chapter. I think the best part (well other than the kissing) was Mary not wanting to think and certainly not wanting to talk about it. I think that's very in character, especially given with what happened with Pamuk and her experiences of such things have been unenjoyable to say the least.

I also loved the way she admitted how she feels about him, also perfectly in character and why many people consider her "careful".
Sara Pellow chapter 4 . 2/2/2012
Hooray! After the first chapter was posted I read the whole RP, can't wait to see where it goes next. How many words did you say it was? Happy sigh.
golden12 chapter 4 . 2/2/2012
Oh...please don't let her react badly! Interesting story though. Good work!
Ieyre chapter 4 . 2/2/2012
YUSSSSS the tension broke finally!

I loved the contrast of what they're doing and the inner-monologue of rationalization going on in their heads as they're doing it. I feel like Matthew will want to immediately report what they've done to the authorities (ie Robert) because he'll feel it's his duty and Mary will erhm, not be a fan of that. This is just my guess, LOL.
216 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 .. Last Next »