Reviews for Consequences of the Castle
luluathome chapter 9 . 3/18/2012
Wow! Incredible! So sexy and angsty and in charcter. But, no discussion of what this means. I think they are both processing the fact that there passion has manifested in such a beautfil way... But they can't seem to process what it means practically. He says "i love you", she doesn't reply. He doesn't propose. Where donwe go? Lovely smut, so hot!
La Donna Ingenua chapter 9 . 3/18/2012
Really, what can be said except: well done ladies and well done Matthew and Mary!
eridani chapter 9 . 3/18/2012
This chapter was *searches for right word*... pretty much great, mindblowing sex, so you'll have to forgive me if this review is somewhat unstructured. Here's some general impressions:

The word count for this kind of made my day- never apologise for turning a single amazing sex scene into 10 000 words! The anticipation and subtlty of detail is what makes your writing great. And you seem to have worked out a nice flow in the back and forth of the two characters' perspectives with the alternating paragraphs. When I'm reading Mary's narration I'm engaged and enjoying it, but at the same time I'm wanting to get back inside Matthew's head and see what's going on there too, so there's a nice (I mean narrative, not sexual) tension running through.

I'm not too sure what exactly it was that you did that made this work so well, but it really really did. I'm not usually all that amazed by super romantic, missionary sex in a bed- generally it's all just a bit vanilla and sugary and blah. But this was NOT. I haven't figured out why yet... maybe because there's still an element of illicitness to their affair- the necessity for secrecy? Maybe it's because there's very much a feeling of newness and undiscovered territory to the relationship? Who knows... Either way you did good!
Kate chapter 9 . 3/18/2012
Well I'm afraid your going to have to just drag me to a cold shower, I simply can't make it there myself. Blimey. Incredibly well written.

I do hope Matthew says I love you in a different situation though, and I also hope Mary replies, and that in this case she was just too overwhelmed by the whole situation to get the words out.
hillevi chapter 9 . 3/18/2012
Absolutely lovely (and hot!)I cant get the picture of Matthew removing his cufflinks and un button his shirt out of my mind(not that i'm complaining!)Everything is perfect, their shared madness and fullfilment? (is that the right word?)anyway remove your bags, and step out of the bat cave, you two are awsome! Thank you for writing
tamsin x chapter 9 . 3/18/2012
Really good chapter! Thankyou!

I was just wondering though, Mary must surely be pregnant by now,mustn't she? I'll leave it up to you! Xx
MistressBlack523 chapter 9 . 3/18/2012
I'm quite certain you have both made the entire fandom need a cold shower for hours after this. 3
Ju-dou chapter 9 . 3/18/2012
Ok... well... I have recently stopped breathing rapidly into my own paper bag and have come round enough to comment. Ahem... so here goes...

This was excruciating in the hottest most beautifully constructed way, I mean guh, the building passion was burning out of my screen and into my face (which was, like literally, PRESSED against it to absorb the words) with increasing ferocity throughout. The window bit was unbearable enough as the words 'strong M' were flitting around my mind and you built to the, er, climax so exquisitely descriptively without ever being anything but TASTEFUL. I think you capture M/M so perfectly individually and together, and that is what makes the SEX SO HOT. I mean surely Matthew needs to just get down on one knee now, right? I mean, what's stopping him? I think he should get onto that post haste. But Mary will have to tell him about Kemal, no? And that will be all kinds of angstyness for a bit whilst he realises he didn't know her quite as well as he thought etc but then it'll all be fine and wedding and the sex and more of the sex... *runs away*
TheSingingGirl chapter 9 . 3/18/2012
Right. Don't hate me for this, but... I skipped a lot of this chapter. This is not ordinarily something I'd admit, and I'm not sure I should be admitting it now, but I've sort of decided to be honest because I'm fairly sure no one else will say the same thing. In fact, I've just gone through the other reviews and yep, I'm alone in this.

The thing is... I think what's happening in this chapter is that Mary and Matthew are becoming more settled into this relationship as physical lovers, and also more comfortable with each other in general. However, what's not happening is any verbal discussion of their relationship or any great progress in that respect. So, as lovely as I'm sure the lemons were, I sort of felt justified in skim-reading them. I got all the dialogue, and I got some of the images, but other than that I wasn't paying attention quite so much as I normally would. Sorry.

Something I paid very close attention to: Matthew told Mary that he loved her. She didn't reply. And he's saying that pretty much purely in reaction to having sex with her - he spent almost the whole last chapter misunderstanding her and being irritated by her. So I'm seriously doubting that he truly loves her at this point. That was very interesting.

Anyway, don't take this as a negative review. I'm fairly sure that no one else will say anything in the same vein. I'm just not falling into the typical demographic of reader, I think. Never mind - I'll still be waiting in suspense for the next chapter. :)

TSG
Sara Pellow chapter 9 . 3/18/2012
Well then...what a thing to wake up to, just as they're going to sleep. And now I have to go to work?

Masterful as always. Other words seem to escape me. Off to light a cigarette.
Chickwriter chapter 9 . 3/18/2012
Was excessively diverted by the.. um.. spoiler.. of the last chapter. (she's!alone!in!her!room!window!open!GAH!) but could not have been more surprised by SO MUCH in this chapter, namely the gorgeous juxtaposition of how they make each other feel.. calm.. and then.. not calm. I mean HELLO, GENIUSES! This is the best kind of torture to read, really beautifully executed prose as usual... but what's even more fantastic is that just as M/M find it hard to figure out where one ends and the other begins, it is nearly impossible to discern your individual writing styles... this collaboration has a style all its own and it is utterly fantastic. I'm going to fan myself over here in a corner and read it again. And again. And possibly again. :D WELL DONE!
golden12 chapter 9 . 3/18/2012
Wow...just wow. What a great chapter.

I loved how you had Mary replaying her fantasy to Matthew, and he was enjoying it as much as she was. They are so right together, I just want it to stay that way.

Looking forward to your next update.
Pemonynen chapter 9 . 3/18/2012
*FANS SELF*

Well. *Coughs*

I don't even know where to start.

This is amazing, and not just because of the obvious! It's so much more than just sex, already, and I love the sort of instinctive comfort they have with each other. And he loves her *sigh*, she'll say it back though, won't she? She has to, but she's already calling him darling so that is promising!

So many things I love about this...looking out at the view with his arms wrapped around her, and the alarm clock, and the undressing (OMG), and just them settling down to actually sleep together...all SO perfect. And this line: "Kemal had pawed at her briefly in that area and the effect had been decidedly unappealing", is just hilarious. I love how you keep having her compare the two experiences, because obviously now there can be no comparison! I think I actually just love EVERYTHING about this chapter!

Absolutely perfect in every possible way, and well worth the wait! I love you both. :D
GhostIsland chapter 9 . 3/18/2012
EPIC. :D No other word can describe this. :) Epically written, characterized...epically EVERYTHING. I love how easily they take to being together - the scene by the window was lovely even *before* it turned steamy (the TALKING, OMG...) That feeling of being unsure and sure at the same time...gorgeous. And the unquenchable *desire* you evoke puts this to another level. That they are almost out of their minds with wanting, and touching and discovering...how it becomes sweeter for being forbidden. I LOVED when Mary demanded Matthew take her to bed and how *instinctual* his pleasuring of her was. The word "need" is thrown around a lot, but I'm not sure I've ever read anything where their need for each other was SO palpable. SO HOT. AHH, and I ADORED the ending (Matthew's declaration! Sigh...) and how something as mundane as going to sleep together could mean so much. Sigh. EPIC. Much like your writing. :D Take a BOW (and a nap! ;) I'm SO psyched for whatever happens next! :D
Tripp3235 chapter 9 . 3/18/2012
Where can I start with this? HOw should I start?

AWESOME chapter. Very hot chapter. One thing to note is I'm so glad (at the beginning) you had Mary compare her experience with Matthew and Pamuk. I think that's important and necessary. Thank you for that.

And at the end when Mary asked him to stay was wonderful. It truly showed her vulnerability. And of course the situation they are in they must be very very careful. I love Matthew watching her sleep.

WHEN ARE THEY GOING TO GO OFFICIAL WITH THIS?
216 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 .. Last Next »