Reviews for How to Acquire a Consulting Detective
XMarisolX chapter 1 . 2/2/2014
I liked these lines:
*"A caution?" An eyebrow, raised in disdain. "Bad policy. No wonder the crime rates are so high around here."
*As Sherlock bounds out of the room, Greg wonders if he's just imagining the muffled "Thank you."
Nice story.
goat gal22 chapter 1 . 12/10/2013
this is amazing! i need more! i love the deductions!
Chjajcjjslakncjska chapter 1 . 8/29/2012
I love this! Realistic! Perfect! Very very well done :)
Radon65 chapter 1 . 2/27/2012
That was cute! How lovely. I loved Lestrade's perspective (so much exasperation!) and the way Sherlock kept deducing things about his family every time he saw him - excellent motif. Pretty good characterization, especially since you're having to work with a younger, more rebellious Sherlock here, but he was believable. Liked Sherlock's nonchalance about the heroin - and the lampshading thereof - and LOVED the visit from Mycroft, he was spot on. Kind of eerie that he can just get Sherlock's record completely erased, but, hey, it's Mycroft. Nice ending. Lovely to see Sherlock come in complaining about a crime scene and smiling because he's clean. Liked the mention of Anderson. Nice oneshot!
Saskie chapter 1 . 2/24/2012
Write more!
spinner12 chapter 1 . 2/19/2012
I do like it. Very much in character for all three, Sherlock, Lestrade & Mycroft).
Kitkat McRaebs chapter 1 . 1/28/2012
This fic has all the marks of quality: good grammar, good plot/dialogue, and good characterization. I love nineteen-year-old Sherlock. Snark is great stuff. And I'm really impressed with the way you captured Sherlock and Lestrade's relationship - and Lestrade's decent-ness, of course. What a guy.

This might be my favorite one yet. You're awesome. Keep 'em coming - your last line just needs more feels.

Love Kitkat
Time and Fate chapter 1 . 1/24/2012
Oh I love it
fight-thedead-fear-theliving chapter 1 . 1/24/2012
This is brilliant! It seems so natural. You captured both Lestrade and Sherlock well, especially Sherlock's speech (which I find incredibly hard to do). Good job!
Hekateras chapter 1 . 1/24/2012
This felt so right. Thanks for sharing. :)
Macceh chapter 1 . 1/24/2012
This is wonderful! I really enjoyed reading it! You got the characters spot on and you have a wonderful way of phrasing things at times, I particularly loved you descriptions of Mycroft. 'the man, all careful smiles that aren't smiles at all' is a particular favourite.
AshenWhisper chapter 1 . 1/24/2012
That was so good! They were both really in character, and I loved how you did the deductions. Young adult Sherlock is so cute XD And I loved Lestrade too. Their ralationship is so complicated and yet they actually do seem to appreciate each other, and I loved how you showed that here. Great work!
KatheeHDS chapter 1 . 1/23/2012
Yes! I've liked this! Pretty seemingly useless drabbles that try out the characters' life, I love them!

I like the way it's written. I like the microplot. What I don't like, is that it's been too much too short. You see, I always want more, and the better it's one, the more desperately I want it!

So, you've done a good job! Congrats! Keep it up with refreshing stories!
JustBeAQueen chapter 1 . 1/23/2012
Liked this? Are you kidding? It was brilliant... I love it, you've captured Sherlock perfectly! That was fantastic! Perfect combination of ACD's Sherlock and BBC's Sherlock!

Cheers, Laura :)