Reviews for The Girl Next Door OS
midnitereader chapter 1 . 8/18/2018
So beautiful. The kindness of a stranger offering comfort during her time of deep sorrow. What a thoughtful gesture. It could have had such disastrous consequences to see another have the joy that she was denied. But to be able to hold a living breathing baby when she was denied that pleasure gave her comfort. I'm glad Edward stayed to see her through her grief to live again and finally to have a second chance.
MiserysMama chapter 1 . 1/24/2017
When I lost my last baby, they gave me a teddy bear to hold and told me to plant a rose bush in remembrance. It didn't help. A teddy bear, really? It wasn't the same.

I never got pregnant again after that, not that we didn't try. It just never happened again for us. I have three girls, all married with children of their own. So, I did get to hold babies again. But you never forget the ones that didn't survive.

Thank you for this story. It went straight to the heart.
breakingdawn57 chapter 1 . 10/10/2016
I been enjoying reading all your fanfiction stories. You are such a gifted writer!
jayspeanut chapter 1 . 3/30/2016
I'm mostly a lurker, rarely review unless a story genuinely affects me. Yours did. Twelve years ago, I suffered a loss similar to your Bella in this story. My daughter's umbilical cord developed a blood clot which restricted the blood flow and caused her heart to stop beating at 39 weeks gestation. Fortunately for me, I had the support of my husband and family, and had an older child already to help me hold on to the faith and hope that while losing my daughter was devastating and heartbreaking, I could still find happiness despite my overwhelming grief. This is such a difficult subject to tackle, but you handled the subject matter beautifully. At the time my daughter was stillborn, my lifelong best friend was also pregnant. The plan had always been for me to be in the delivery room with her, as she had been for me with my firstborn. She was very understanding and offered to excuse me from what we all knew what would be an incredibly emotional and heart-wrenching experience, but I was adamant to still be there for her. I was understandably emotional, but I will say that your friend and I share the same feelings regarding the comfort of holding another's child after a loss... I NEEDED to hear her baby's first cries, NEEDED to hold her cradled in my arms, NEEDED to feel the miracle of a healthy, live baby to remind myself that was far more the norm than my personal experience. It was bittersweet, but one of the most precious and treasured moments in my entire lifetime. I have since gone on to deliver two more healthy, beautiful baby girls, but my Amanda will forever be our family's angel.

Your story was well written, compassionate, and heartfelt. Great job.
Tori chapter 1 . 1/24/2016
It's been 8 years since my first child was stillborn. I thought I could read this without crying. I was wrong.

Beautiful story, thanks Shell. :)
Denninelli chapter 1 . 1/24/2016
Well written
Guest chapter 1 . 1/24/2016
I am crying.
LOLO 5-0 chapter 1 . 1/24/2016
What a wonderful heart felt story thank you.
artri chapter 1 . 1/24/2016
Beautiful little story.
Mrs. O'Shea chapter 1 . 1/6/2016
So sad and beautiful
Mumofpicklegirls chapter 1 . 11/8/2015
I can't see how anyone could take offence at your beautiful and poignant story!
X
ChristyWIX chapter 1 . 10/17/2015
Such sadness not dismissed but, turned into such happiness by the end. I couldn't even imagine what that would be like for anyone. How tragic.
cuteascherries chapter 1 . 6/24/2015
Just beautiful writing.
RosieKiss85 chapter 1 . 6/7/2015
That was beautiful. And now I'm crying.
Do'B chapter 1 . 5/12/2015
You have done a great justice to this real life heartbreaking, medical unknown that doctors still do not know the cause. So very beautifully written.