Reviews for Hurricane
QP chapter 1 . 11/9/2013
I love everything about this. You've captured everything so well-the characters, the emotions, the pace. I'm very impressed. Your diction are very well weaved together and I can feel and see the things conveyed. In my opinion, this can be easily pulled off for the first game's prologue. The dialogues, the events, everything seems to fit in of what would and had.

Wahhh, angst between the Farron sisters.

;-; I nearly crieddddddddddd. Almost. Nearly. Hic. It's just... the endingg!

If I hadn't seen FFXIII-2's Requiem of the Goddess, I would've bawled my face off. Not sure if you've played it yet, so I won't drip any spoilers.

I really like Lightning's assertive description of her sense on choosing her name! Gah, everything is just so good.

Ah, Snow is a bit unpleasant but he's not wrong to be there for Serah. I can't blame Serah for her reasons, but my feelings for Lightning exceed anything else. I can't stop feeling bad for her! I want Lightning to be happy tooooo!

One thing I really like about this is that I'm able to read the dialogues in their respective voices. It's like I don't doubt that it's something they'd say in the game. Lightning is still Lightning and everyone else's voice is as clear to me. Really brings me closer to a vivid image of your story.

Thanks for sharing! I'm off to your other works nao hehe.
iAMwhatIamK chapter 1 . 2/24/2013
Wow...this is amazing. I love how Light gets her name, how she takes on the role of provider, everything. You did such a wonderful job.
Cantabile chapter 1 . 8/20/2012
Excellent way of building things up, from when they were kids until the recent events. There was only one turn off for me and that would be the l'Cie attack on Light and Amodar. I guess since this is fanfiction authors can write whatever they want, but I had assumed that you would've stayed true to the original plot. Since as you say you haven't finished the first game yet, here's a tidbit for you: l'Cie didn't show up for centuries pre-XIII's events.

Overall it's great, and thank you for giving me an idea on a fic which I'm still contemplating if I should write it.
Summer-Lightning chapter 1 . 5/17/2012
I read this a long time ago and finally got around to leave a review.

I really loved your take on these events, on how Lightning joined the corps and how their lives slowly drifted apart... Your writing style is perfect too, I hope you'll write more stories with these two someday (and maybe, a happy one?)!
black.dot chapter 1 . 2/20/2012
Oh my tears. :( I love how you wrote this story.
sjkdjdlkjf chapter 1 . 2/15/2012
Another magnificent story! Though I kind of read out of order, I read In the Wake of the Storm first, but it didn't really matter I guess. You are now one of my favorite authors, seriously. The way you capture their emotions are great. I really hope you write more. So I've read and review, the only thing left to do is favourite this which is what i'm going to do right...now.
Shreedin chapter 1 . 1/28/2012
Thank you so much for this fic! This was great insight to the lives of Lightning and Serah before FFXIII and I can actually see it happening like this. All the emotions were there and written out perfectly. Thanks again
Anonymous Reader Strikes Again chapter 1 . 1/25/2012
I do agree.

You did a fantastic job of showing the vulnerable side of Lightning (how she tries and fails to cling desperately to her icy facade) and how she lashes out in anger in the face of emotional trauma. I also liked how you don't assign total blame to any one party, which less mature writers tend to do in fanfic land.

I'm totally replacing the FFXIII canon with your version of the backstory. As far as I'm concerned, this story is what shaped the Farron sisters and their relationship.
GinsengH chapter 1 . 1/24/2012
I'm a big fan of this story. Lightning's character definitely was not delved into deep enough in the game, and you do a lot to give some more backstory. How else can a young girl be expected to act when she is forced into such a damning situation. The emotional scars obviously must have run deep and you did a great job of displaying them.

I can't say enough about this story and your writing. I know it says complete, but I think you could really continue it and make a great re-telling of the game going much deeper into her inner turmoil.
Anonymous Reader chapter 1 . 1/24/2012
As a lurker, I generally don't bother to leave reviews, but seeing as your last FFXII drabble undeservedly received few reviews, I felt like I needed to say my piece.

Hurricane is very fine, poignant, character study of the Farrons. Frankly, it's leagues better than what the hacks at Square-Enix churn out as Canon. However, saying that you're a better writer than Square-Enix is damning you with faint praise, so let me re-iterate: This is a really, really, really great one-shot. The re-imagining of the origin of Lightning's name is particularly inventive (and not cheesy like the in-game explanation, although you managed to work that in quite well!)

As constructive criticism, I felt as though the piece could have used just one more short scene that shows a growing rift (maybe the introduction of Snow?) between Lightning and Serah, to bridge the aftermath of Lightning's first kill and Day 12. A much more minor quibble (that only the most die-hard rabid fans are likely to notice) is Lightning being issued a Gunblade so soon after basic training. The Episode Zero novella ( . ) says that Gunblades are only given to the very best soldiers and Lightning had only received her Blazefire Saber not long before the events of the game, so her having one right off the bat as a newly minted private is probably stretching credulity a tad. There might have also been one or two obscure typos in what is otherwise a very well edited and professionally presented piece.

It's just a damn shame that fics like these are largely ignored in favor of Fang/Lightning or Neopolitan slashfics. Keep it up; fandom in general needs more writers with your kind of talent!