Reviews for The Cost of Living
Guest chapter 11 . 9/4/2013
A little dark, quite a bit ooc personally, but overall a great fic. Quite impressed by the end
new moongirl chapter 11 . 7/6/2013
*gross sobbing* that was a beautiful ending! i truly enjoyed reading this fanfiction
Raxicoricofallapatorious chapter 11 . 5/19/2013
It was unconventional and very odd at times, but I still loved it. I liked the concept and John's instant devotion to Sherlock makes sense in the context. I just can't... put into words how much, and why, I like this story. It just... is.

Thank you. Never stop writing.

Raxi
Katyuana chapter 11 . 4/14/2013
OMG that was the most amazing Sherlock thing in the whole world! :D :D :D :D :D Write more!
Akua chapter 11 . 2/11/2013
This was strange and different and somehow the ending was all so terribly sad. I really enjoyed the emotions from this story. The writing style felt very innovative and the pace was perfect for keeping my attention. I have to say my favorite parts were when Sherlock originally woke up and thought he was in hell. And my second favorite scene was when Mycroft first showed up. This was an amazing story.
reader chapter 11 . 12/20/2012
I feel I must encourage you to never give up on writing. You have all the makings of a gem. Please, do devote yourself to a personal work of your own one day.
LadyGrimR chapter 1 . 12/2/2012
Oh my god, could you please explain to me about the thing with the hearts.. I'm understanding that the more hearts that a person has the longer they live? Or is it that once they have new heart(s) they never die? Because I thought that Sherlock would die with John. But it seems as if since John no longer gathers hearts for Sherlock, Sherlock has 12 ( I think it was 12) lifetimes to live never aging?
Ettie Tobias chapter 11 . 11/18/2012
love.
oh, gosh, why doesn't this story have more reviews?! I don't really know what it is about your writing - probably the way the sentences all seem to flow together - but it's absolutely amazing. Reading dreams is often not as great because writers write dreams like they write real life, but the way you write them, flowing and changing and not really sticking to any set pattern. It's perfect, honestly.
Thank you!
Ettie
Jess chapter 11 . 11/9/2012
Just stumbled on this story, and I would like to say that, in parts, this story is the best example of stream of consciousness that I've seen in a while. It's beautiful, and I love how you skirt around the romance issue and simply provide a touching ending. Great concept as well! Thanks for an awesome story! :)
Daitoshi chapter 11 . 10/9/2012
;A;
That was horribly sad and wonderfully beautiful and I'm crying a bit.
filmkid21 chapter 11 . 9/23/2012
Wow I'm so glad I found this. It was one of the most fascinating AU's I've ever read, just sort of stumbling into this strange story. It was so captivating to read John as this monster character. Normally I can't stomach things like that because it seems to far removed from the source character, but I really believed this. You also have a great way with words, this is so lyrical. And I cried at the end, gorgeous, that last line was so beautifully empty and heavy
Doodled93 chapter 11 . 9/7/2012
holy shit.
Crying like a baby right now, but holy shit. I'm glad I saved up the last couple chapters to read later (now), but holy shit.
His old soft hands, large and calloused for guns and garden shears stroked gently over Sherlock's thick soft hair. "Don't cry, please don't cry." really got to me.
Well shit. I honestly don't know what to say to tell you how much I liked this, and how much the idea is both disturbing and sweet. It's a far cry of what today's supernatural stories are like, and it sounds like something that could reach back into Grimm's tales and fit.
Especially since you're taking someone who would have been the villain in the story and making him JOHN.
And having John defeat the villain with something emotional.
Frig I keep rereading the last part of this chapter and start crying again. I'm stopping now before I"m bawling the whole night.
spinner12 chapter 11 . 8/30/2012
That was a fascinating AU story. Like a horrible accident I couldn't look away from. I couldn't image that I would cry at the end of it, but I did. Good job.
spinner12 chapter 2 . 8/28/2012
So, I pictured this being a story with a cute little Japanese-style characature of John running around collecting cartoon hearts in some sort of a video game...This is not that. Now I have to see how it ends.
GoldenRat chapter 11 . 8/2/2012
Kewl fic. Interesting 'monster' concept.