Reviews for Far Away
Rainstorm55 chapter 11 . 5/21/2012
The setting absolutely makes the chapter, and the ending. Very unique environment for their first time after too long. What a little scamp Marissa is! In some ways, she does take after her daddy - and it's so damn nice that Marty has come to like and appreciate that about their little girl.

SUch a satisfactory ending that I'm almost not sorry it's over. Almost. :)
Rainstorm55 chapter 10 . 5/19/2012
I'm so glad Marty restrained herself - Blair is slimy enough to use anything she might say or do to restir a custody battle with Todd.

Patrick was wrong to just stand there and let Blair run her mouth for so long IMO - I wish he'd dragged her away.

I absolutely love Todd's lile about giving Blair ammunition to throw at Marty. Awesome.
Rainstorm55 chapter 9 . 5/14/2012
Steady on there, bunny! :-) Let's let Mommy and Daddy go on a real date first, especially since they never had one.

I'm selfishly glad Marty has never been with another in this storyverse, not because I wanted her to be alone/lonely but because I think she and Todd are worth waiting for. :)
Rainstorm55 chapter 8 . 4/24/2012
Forsooth, good people, methinks Blair is a wench.

Aggh, what a pill. Why can't she ever mind her own business? As always, Marty shows herself to be the lady of the pair.

Glad Marty's through her illness in this yarn. :)
Rainstorm55 chapter 7 . 3/27/2012
My 120-plus page work program is DONE, man. I'm turning it in to my supervisor tomorrow, so I'm treating myself tonight to a smorgasbord of your tales. Most delicious!

I think it's going to help Marty's peace of mind more than she even knows to have Todd named as Marissa's emergency guardian. I think we both know Kiki would try and gain custody of Marissa if only for financial reasons and/or just to screw with Todd.

No matter how long it takes Marty to get better, their relationship is never going to be the same - and I can't wait to see it evolve even more. :)
Rainstorm55 chapter 6 . 3/3/2012
Mmm...s'mores. I'm glad nobody burned their tongue.

I hope Marissa can sleep and also let her Dad get some rest. She's wired about camping, and ketchup is chock-full of sugar, not to mention the graham crackers, chocolate and mallows. Oh well, maybe the fat in the chips and 'dogs will soak some it up. :)

I actually think it's a good thing that Marissa doesn't sense Marty's tension. She's too young to process it IMHO, and it also shows that Marty is willing and able to put her anxiety aside so her girl can know her dad.

Applause on a wonderful, affectionate chapter.
Reba-Brockfan chapter 5 . 2/22/2012
This chapter was so sweet by Todd bringing his girls together to play.
Rainstorm55 chapter 5 . 2/22/2012
She's got her haters, :( but Marty never ceases to amaze me, and it's very plausible to me that she would want Todd im Marissa's life, especially having lost both parents so young herself.

I love the quiet, honest, immediate affection between Marissa and Todd. Littl'uns got a heart of gold. :)
Rainstorm55 chapter 4 . 2/18/2012
I really respect Marty's honesty that she didn't know if she'd be able to keep Marissa, and I also respect her strength in devoting all her love and care to her little girl when she herself grew up basically alone (after 7).

Applause...
Reba-Brockfan chapter 3 . 2/14/2012
I like this AU story. I want to see where it goes.
Rainstorm55 chapter 3 . 2/11/2012
I'm extremely relieved that Todd is marissa's blood father, and also rleieved that in this story he realises that the least of what he should do is implore Marty for the chance to know her.

I look forward to his official meeting with Marissa with interest.
Rainstorm55 chapter 2 . 1/31/2012
There's so much I want to know. Was Todd pardoned in this story? If so, after how long?

It's wrenching but true that Todd might not be Marissa's blood father. And I'm sure he hates that thought - deep down, I think he WANTS to be her dad, blood and otherwise.

I can't wait to see how else he tries to get through to Marty. I love the twists and turns in "Far Away" already.
Rainstorm55 chapter 1 . 1/24/2012
I love that this story is paced so far back - it means that Marissa could possibly have been conceived the night of the attack :( or Todd and Marty's one night together :).

And since the 2 littlies are not so far apart in age, maybe they can play together?...