Reviews for Unbecoming
2loveybunnies chapter 1 . 1/24/2012
Oh wow, this sounds like it's going to be angsty and painful - and I love it! You promised the HEA though, so I'm trusting you to put us through the ringer and then fix it all up nice again by the end.

Very interesting that Bella and Edward were raised together. Dying to know more about him too. Will we have both of their viewpoints or will this be strictly Bella?

Looking foward to more soon!
ForTheLoveOfEmmett chapter 1 . 1/24/2012
Wow, I'm definitely excited to see what happens next!
frlarsson chapter 1 . 1/24/2012
Love the first chapter, heartwrenching and lots of questions ) looking forward to seeing more from this couple,

best wishes, Linda xo
Alby Mangroves chapter 1 . 1/24/2012
I loved how this chapter started, it was so raw and incredibly powerful- her feelings and impressions of Africa were really moving and I like the way you wrote it. Ngl, I was hoping to find out more about her life there, among all that misery and heat and dust, that would be amazing. Will we ever go back there with her? I loved how tired and jaded and fearless she was, it really struck a chord with me.

This was very powerful: "I don't need to tell her twice. She doesn't speak English, but we both understand the universal dialect of a mother's terror for her child."

Also, I loved the ending, where she likens her failed marriage to the Pompeii ruins, something beautiful buried under so much hurt and disappointment, as symbolized by ash and brimstone ejected by the volcano of their divorce.

Great first chapter, I'm glad you were able to post! I came home from an outing with the kids, sat down with a cup of tea, and there it was, waiting. Perfect!

Thanks for writing.
Tiggrmommi chapter 1 . 1/24/2012
My heart aldeady hurts...but as always, so beautifully written.
rmcrms5 chapter 1 . 1/24/2012
So I'm guessing Edward left Bella.
Cici G chapter 1 . 1/24/2012
Although I can tell this story is going to deal with overcoming the past it still has my interest although I may have to wait until it's complete to read it to avoid the angst.
TwilightMomofTwo chapter 1 . 1/24/2012
You're writing AH? Color me shocked. And what a chapter to start things off. Not much snark, but surely you'll rectify this, right? LOL

Very nice. I'll sign up for this. :)

Thank you for sharing.

TMOT :)
PCCTwiFF23 chapter 1 . 1/24/2012
Wow, this was such a beautiful introduction to Bella. And her marriage to Edward. And where she is in life right now-lost but giving of herself to others in order to find herself. I'm so curious as to what caused the breakup of her marriage but after reading your A/N at the beginning, I have a certain guess as to why, or at least one of the causes of their demise. And wow, she was adopted into the Cullen family, making Edward her brother, technically. Can't wait to read more about the dynamics of the relationships within the family as well as with their community. And I'm curious to know more about both Alec and Jane-wondering if they'll make more appearances in the story...?
Maplestyle chapter 1 . 1/24/2012
I really must say I'm nervous and excited for this at the same time! Can't wait for more.
mamabean chapter 1 . 1/24/2012
So sad, and yet I love the feel of this chapter - it perfectly portrays Bella's scattered consciousness and her confusion. How completely disorienting to be transported across the world and not remember! It's a great introduction to the story, without giving away too much history. Great job!
mgefanfiction chapter 1 . 1/24/2012
I saw you rec this on adf. I'm already completely captivated by the first chapter. Im so curious to find out what happened to these two. I can already see that bella is going to be very strong, I can't believe that she threw a rock at a soldier like that!
ChulaB chapter 1 . 1/24/2012
Well I'm hooked and I don't even know all that is going on. ;)
krfo12 chapter 1 . 1/24/2012
I absolutely hate that you are writing another story for me to become OBSESSED with. I'm never going to get any work done.
OcSickGirl chapter 1 . 1/24/2012
Sounds really god, I hope ou update again soon!
2,467 | « Prev Page 1 .. 154 161 162 163 164 165 Next »