Reviews for Haunted
Guest chapter 6 . 2/25/2013
Yay! It lives! IT LIVES! :D

You have no idea how happy I was to see this updated. I loved this chapter and I'm eager for more. Please don't stop!

With all the best possible wishes,

-Troubadour
RougeAngleofSatin chapter 1 . 12/11/2012
I don't read a lot of Yugioh fanfiction but I'm very pleased to have found this. It's like finding a shining grain of wheat among the chaff of badfics. The prologue alone was fantastic and I look forward to reading the rest of this story.

Zorc's creation story in particular impressed me; it made him seem so much less ridiculous than he did in the animanga. (I think it's just the name 'Zorc' that's always bugged me. It just...sounds rather silly. Plus, if they were going for an Egyptian God of darkness I don't get why they didn't just use Apep. /tangent)
ilovemanicures chapter 5 . 8/23/2012
You know, this may seem tacky but, when you write for this particular story, your words are extremely haunting.

I know, I know, very cheesy thing to say. But surprisingly enough it's 100 percent true.

The detail you place in every chapter. Despite how subtle it may be, is truly admirable.

The couple you had little Thief King steal from. They are what made me come to this conclusion.

The way you described their wardrobe. Their hair. Even down to their speech, was astounding.

I could picture it all with such clarity! Even at the beginning, when you discribed his pain, his suffering.

When you wrote about Diabound I could just imagine those eyes!

I thought this chapter was amazing. I completely understand why it would be frustrating to you though.

All that research must have been exhausting for you. But like I said before; your work really shows.

I'm no expert on Egyptology, but that all seemed pretty solid to me. I enjoyed your discriptions immensely. And I also thought it was very clever of you to add the festival.

All and all I enjoyed reading from you like always. And I find your timing with this update extremely amusing, because I just recommended this fic to a new friend of mine.

But anywho. Before I continue to ramble any further; once more I would like to thank you for sharing your wonderful story with us. Your skills at character analysis is certainly not something to be trifled with.

I can't wait to see what you'll do next. I'm very excited about this story. It's a real eye-opener. Each update always has me thinking of a point I never even thought to consider before.

I hope all is well for you, my dear. I'll see you next update! Until then I hope you find ways to enjoy your weekend
NightmareTroubador chapter 5 . 8/23/2012
Loved this chapter, and I know what you mean by the Ancient Egyptian stuff. It feels like a blessing and a curse! XD

Anyways I thought it was very well done and your research was very accurate. If you ever need more resources, I'd recommend touregypt. net and ancientegyptonline. co. uk Both are excellent sites and provide some good basic material.
But if you ever need more or have questions, feel free to pm. I'm by no means an expert, but at least all of my books and links won't go to waste! ;D

Keep up the good work. I look forward to more.
YamiOkami chapter 5 . 8/21/2012
I always get so excited when you update-you're such a great writer! :) That was a really interesting and creative way to introduce Diabound to the story, and I love how much research you put into the Ancient Egyptian history aspects! Tying Bakura's past to the current situation with Ryou makes the story more complex and realistic as well. As always, I can't wait to read more!
ilovemanicures chapter 4 . 7/14/2012
I'm soo sorry it took me so long to read this. I swear I didn't mean to take forever! TwT

But gosh was it worth the wait. Your a genius. Have I told you that? A GENIUS!

This chapter had a really interesting take on how Ryou' physical body would react to another 'presence'. Most people focus on the mental/spiritual. But I like that your taking all aspects into account.

I thought it was kinda funny how Bakura would just pop up threaten/punch Ryou' tormentor, and then just leave him to figure the rest out.

It's the complete opposite of how Yami!Yugi handled dagerous situations in season 0, and I think that's why I like your way much better. Unlike Yugi, Ryou has to learn how to fend for himself without being pacified. Not to say the result is much better. I just think it'll make things more interesting. And Ryou much less annoying. (I lately cannot stand Yugi for some reason O.o)

Anywho. I'm looking forward to seeing how you demonstrate Bakura fulfilling Ryou' wish. That should be extremely entertaining. Oh I can hear the screams now... xDDD

Brilliant job my dear. Your talent/grace sweeps me away each and every time! *glomps*
ilovemanicures chapter 3 . 4/25/2012
Remarkable! Well done my dear. You actually manged to outdo yourself.

This was fan-freakin'-tastic. I absolutely adore the utter uniqueness that this chapter was obviously drenched in.

The beginning of this chapter really blew my mind away. I haven't ever really gotten the chance to read what it was like when Bakura first came into the picture, so to have gotten to read such an original spin on it was truly gratifying. Thank you.

The dream/vision of Kul Elna was fantastic. Epically so. Your wording, your detailing- uh! I just loved it! There are SO many different ways that people describe that horrible night. But never have I read it quite so dipicted as that. Congratulations, that was just unadulterated awesomeness right there.

I rather like the idea of switching timelines. I think it'll make this all the more interesting to read. That way we get to know both the silverettes. As opposed to just having Bakura talk about his past, why not see it for ourselves!

What a beautiful imagination you have. You make this little Fangirl very jealous, you know lol

Well thank you very much for the wonderful update. I'll be looking very forward to the next.
ilovemanicures chapter 2 . 2/28/2012
Gosh, I almost completely forgot about this little project of yours. I'm soo happy you've updated! :D

I knew that if the prologue was that detailed, and slightly disturbing, then the actually story would be mind blowing, and heart stopping.

Shocker that I was totally right ;D

I can actually tell that this style is a little new for you. The way you wrote this seemed somewhat restrained. Though I feel like that isn't the term I would really like to use. Maybe something more like, experimental?

Either way, I honestly think you wrote it out well. I feel like you put in great detail. That your choosing parts of the manga and the anime that should have never been separated to begin with, thus, making this seem like a real story as opposed to just a simple fanfiction. And that your doing a wonderful job at setting up your scenes.

I've never read Ryou having a somewhat difficult relationship with his mother. They are always portrayed as inseparable. So that was new. I can't say I didn't enjoy it though.

Ryou needs to be at an all time low for when the spirit of the ring gets a hold of him. So I like the set up you got going on.

I always saw Ryou as more experienced with his Millenium item then Yugi. Possibly more then Marik, and just as much as Pegasus, Ishizu, and Shadi.

Ryou and Yami Bakura are my favorite characters out of the entire YGO cast. I'm not entirely sure why, but they are so much fun to play with xD They have amazing backgrounds. Their both completely overlooked. And just all and all, they are extremely fascinating to me.

I think your going about them exceptionally well. That goes for your other characters as well. I'm looking forward to reading how you play out Amane' fate. Tragic yes, good plot twister, hell yes.

Either or, you can expect to hear from me next update. You've completely entranced me into your little web ;)
NightmareTroubador chapter 2 . 2/26/2012
Nice, chapter. I wanted to beat up the two losers in the beginning. No hurting my Ryou! XD

Anyway, Ryou's father is the Curator of the Domino Museum and he does pick up the Ring as seen in the anime. The curator part is stated in Millennium World, as Yami Bakura explains the Ultimate RPG to the Pharaoh. Although canon wise it seems he doesn't become curator until after Yuugi solves the Puzzle and Kanekura tries to sell it but is killed by Shadi. Look into the season 0 manga for more details.

Hope that helps, and I look forward to more! :D
starisfairy chapter 1 . 2/3/2012
This is quite possibly the best fan fiction that I have ever read... wow... :)

C a d y
ilovemanicures chapter 1 . 1/25/2012
Wow, this is pretty amazing. I'm very impressed by your capability of making this both specific and vague all at the same time lol

I really adore stories like this and it is SO hard to find them. All three silverettes in YGO! are my favorite and the fact that this clearly focuses solely on them, but will also include other backstories, is truly exciting for me :D

I think this was a spectacular opening to a phenomenal story and I'm really looking forward to seeing how you play this out.

Your writting style is truly enticing and I really think that however long it may take, your updates will always be worth it ;D

So thanks for sharing and you can count on me to be here next chapter!
NightmareTroubador chapter 1 . 1/25/2012
Awesome, loved this introduction. It was beautiful and breathtaking with lots of description but not too much to drag it out. I'm really excited for this story and look forward to more updates.

Also if you are missing parts of the manga, I have just about all of them so let me know if I can help. Same goes for Ancient Egypt info. I've become a bit obsessed with anything Egypt related. ;)

Cheers!
YamiOkami chapter 1 . 1/24/2012
This sounds great! You really did a good job providing a thorough backstory to develop the future characters and you clearly did your research on ancient Egyptian mythology. Keep it up, I look forward to reading more!