Reviews for One Man's Hell
queenforbes chapter 1 . 11/18/2014
I adored this. And you're right - nobody threatens Sam Winchester, that adorable puppy! Or, you know, Dean Winchester tears you a new one.
CommChatter chapter 1 . 9/21/2013
I like this. And the way you describe Henrickson.
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 7/22/2013
Awesome. This is some fantastic writing. I loved the look into this moment. You captured and expounded upon it really well. And going into some of Henricksen's personal history and realizations as he knew he'd said the absolute worst thing he should ever say, that was great stuff. :D
Aguna chapter 1 . 1/7/2013
Great story
Chjajcjjslakncjska chapter 1 . 5/18/2012
Oh yes I LOVE that! Very very VERY well done :)
violetsunshine chapter 1 . 5/12/2012
I just wanted to say I love that someone wrote some nice reflection over that line. That has always been my favorite part of the entire episode because of the way Dean reacts. It says alot about the boys 3
ccase13 chapter 1 . 4/21/2012
The FBI man's daddy was very wise. I hated they killed Hendrickson so soon, a proud lawman knowing the truth would have been very interesting during the hell vs heaven vs Winchesters standoff.
TinTin11 chapter 1 . 2/4/2012
Great oneshot! You definitely did the characters justice! I love Henricksen and how you illustrated him! I couldn't agree more with him at the end, you should definitley fear a threatened Winchester over a demon! Marvelous!
zekeschance chapter 1 . 1/25/2012
Nice! I just love how you do these. The time and effort and they way you break the scene down is incredible. And you were absolutely correct, Hendricksen had no idea what he was up against when he said those words. Thank you so much.
Meggin Lane chapter 1 . 1/25/2012
I'm glad you expanded on those telling few seconds of transformation in Dean's posture and tense jaw line after Henricksen had said those words. Because as soon as he'd uttered them the air had become electrified in that close cramped cell room.

Never seeing Sam again would be the one hell Dean could not stand and it is safe to say never seeing Dean again would figure prominently in Sam's hell too.

So your story was perfect for illustrating the subliminal bond those two share. They were designed that way, by nature and nurture to take on the evil that comes their way and woe be unto any man or THING that stood to harm them on their road to saving people and hunting things.

As a side note I always thought Henricksen would have made one hellava hunter if he'd lived long enough to switch careers!
Adrian Nox chapter 1 . 1/25/2012
great tag. i rewatched that episode really and i was struck by the same thing as you. dean and sam are find til he makes that threat then all of the sudden, the dynamic totally changed. getting out of the jail became more urgent and i started wondering if henricksen was going to survive, because, yeah, you don't try fulfill that threat and survive. wonderfully written. it was a pleasure to read.
Becci chapter 1 . 1/25/2012
So happy someone actually wrote a story on this scene, always have loved this scene and even though it only lasts a few seconds you can tell so much from Dean's body language. Love how you did it from Henrickson POV and his take on what those words actually meant to Dean. Great job
Twinchester Angel chapter 1 . 1/25/2012
This was amazing. Seriously. This was unbelievably perfect. And sooo accurate. I LOVE that scene. And I hafta say, my favorite quote of the entire series, above all else, is the one from The Devil You Know. "All those angels, all those demons, all those sonsabitches. They just don't get it, do they Sammy?" "No they don't, Dean." "We're the ones you should be afraid of." See? Goosebumps. Every. Single. Time.

I just LOVE how you interpreted this threat as Dean Winchester's own personal Hell. It's so true. Their hell, even more than hell itself, is separation from each other. And this fic spells that out perfectly. And I'm sure Victor realized that. I love how you describe the look on Dean's face. Just perfect. Every time I see that scene I can't help but say something like "Yep, Henrickson. Them there are fightin' words. You're in for it now." Cuz separate Sam and Dean? Yeah. Over your dead body. Literally.

His father sounded like a smart guy. "You better be able to deal with the challenge you just threw down." You're awesome. I love the history you wrote in this about Victor's dad, too. Just all of it. Definitely have to favorite this one. Thanks so much. As always, your insight is incredible. *hugs*
Giacinta chapter 1 . 1/25/2012
I am ever more amazed at how you portray these little moments so well.

I remember that moment perfectly and like yourself, if any thing could motivate Dean in any direction, it's what Hendricksen said.

I also think that Dean's response about them being the wrong guys could be correctly interpretated in the way you have done.

I'm glad you took on Henricksen as he was one of my favourite secondary characters.

As for what was said to Brady in the alley, I always found that to be very enigmatic and open to various meanings.

That episode is one of my favourites, as is that moment, for the brothers were completely united in body, soul, spirit and intent, plus the aura of danger and power they projected was at its strongest.

United in the way they should always be, if the writers didn't take sadistic pleasure in pushing them apart as much as possible, even now!

Thanks for giving us this great little gem. :)
stargwynn chapter 1 . 1/24/2012
NICE! This reminds me of the first season when the exorcised Meg and Dean told her he'd go down to hell and rip her apart if she was telling the truth that there dad was dead...it kind of scared me...:)