Reviews for While You Were Sleeping
aznb chapter 37 . 5/8
OMG! This has been an amazing story and an amazing journey! I look forward to reading more Jemily stories from you! You are an amazing writer!
ab chapter 6 . 5/7
OMG, I just started reading and this, and wow! You did an amazing job! Your introductory chapter was amazing and reeled me in to read more. And the details, the emotions, the 3D characters, are just amazing! I look forward to reading more!
TrustInFaith chapter 37 . 1/12
Amazing I loved it!
Gravity In the Air chapter 37 . 10/27/2014
all the tears man. all the tears. feels overload
Guest chapter 37 . 9/10/2014
i luv the hell out of this story read all in one sitting couldnt put it down truly. luv the characters enjoyed their journey. thought it was was great from a-z thought it flowed nicely and believably. and please would love to devour a sequel.
when I go there chapter 37 . 6/10/2014
Hi,
I don't know when this story was actually published but surely I'm very late in the game. Either way, I've been reading it during the past few days. Honestly I've not done much else. And I wanted to tell you that it is the first, and only multi chapter story, that has kept me enthralled throughout. It didn't start out riveting, hot and unbelievably capturing in order to then land in a pile of fluff with no substance like so many stories do. I understand that you had to fight for your story and for not falling into that classic fanfic trap, where the happy ending comes way too soon, and I admire you for it. You managed to follow through and your last note about it having turned into something that it wasn't supposed to did not resonate with me at all. I don't know how much of a rewrite the version I've read is but all I can say is that to me it felt true and right and that I'm in no way disappointed with the turns that the story took. There is so much more I wanted to say and I realize now that I probably should have reviewed each chapter as I went along but pressing "next chapter" was way too tempting. It wasn't until the final part, where JJ and Emily talk about kids and Dexter, that I felt any kind of hesitation. The reason for this is that I don't think that was necessarily JJ's wish as much as yours? Don't be offended but that isn't at all the JJ that you've described in your story. She wouldn't settle for that, she'd be bored quite frankly. The JJ that you've given us is more sensation seeking than the JJ that we see on CM, which I love. She has so many new levels of hotness in your version and for that I applaud you! But neither her nor Emily are the type to stay in night after night and that's what's so great about them. They live and they get burned but they keep on going. I don't see their life together as sitting on the couch, I see it being exciting and full of experience, the main point being that they are experiencing everything together and from the safety of their relationship. That emily is home and ready to settle down doesn't necessarily need to imply 'staying at home'. Anyway, that is such a slim part of this story and more of a side note so don't put too much emphasis on that (:

Anyway, thank you for writing this and thank you for staying true to the story and not selling out for easy likes. It was worth it in the end and you now have a very impressive final product. I'm hoping that your mention of a sequel will become a reality as it most definitely would not suck. I hope you will find the inspiration you need in order to write it and I promise I will be here waiting anxiously to read it whenever you do.
Sarah-In-Betwixt chapter 18 . 6/4/2014
"Sometimes we have to extend olive branches where they're not deserved". I'm loving this story so far, and plan a much longer and better thought out review at the end of reading it, but I had to stop and comment on this chapter and that line in particular. JJ's struggles to accept herself and reconcile who she is with her faith and her family speak to me in so many ways, and that one line echoed my own feelings perfectly. So many people can be so hateful until confronted with kindness. Sometimes it takes one gentle conversation. Sometimes it takes more than one olive branch. I always thought it was worth it to show the people in my life that I am still a loving person. Still a good person. Still, in most ways, the person they knew and loved before. And as a result I think the people in my life and my family have done a lot of learning and growing. Learning and growing they might not have done if I had given up and walked away at the first sign of resistance. So, thank you for this story, but for this chapter and that line in particular. Now I'll get back to reading the rest!
Townst chapter 37 . 5/12/2014
I liked your story. It took me a while to get into it, but I did enjoy the journey that each needed to take to heal enough in order to move forward. Even if you felt forced at the end to finish it, I'm glad you did.
raelynne9 chapter 37 . 4/2/2014
lol idk if u watch criminal minds on a daily basis but tonights episode the one guy basically called jj a lesbian and i instantly thought o this story and emily
StefanieT21 chapter 37 . 3/18/2014
I liked it
StefanieT21 chapter 35 . 3/18/2014
Yay yay yay!
StefanieT21 chapter 34 . 3/18/2014
Uhhh heart breaking...
StefanieT21 chapter 33 . 3/18/2014
Just perfect! Made me tear up a bit
StefanieT21 chapter 30 . 3/18/2014
Looooving it!
Lktwh13 chapter 37 . 3/13/2014
Man, I was saving that last burst of chapters until I had time to read then all together. Totally worth it - those last chapters really made up for that small lag that you mentioned in your A/N. I honestly didn't think they "didn't have a point," (I forget your exact wording), they were just a little different. I appreciate what your learned from writing this tho. I can not wait to read your next fics. Thanks so much for persevering with this one. I know it'll be sticking with me.