Reviews for Friendship is the Magic of Life
Kalbario chapter 1 . 2/16/2012
i most certainly have to say that this story has got a lot of potential...but i couldn't help but make an assumption as to how it MAY end, i just hope it would have a more different outcome for most stories i have read about someone coming back to life- (full metal alchemist season i and new)-

i also couldn't help but cringe at your death scenes, although not as gory as CUPCAKES... on a side not, i havent read that dreaded fanfic, but i HAVE heard it caused a few bronies to stay away from cupcakes for a while.(much to the misfortune of a few bakers)

like i said, this has much potential and im glad your multitasking on the whole making two stories at once thing but don't over exert yourself, though it may be kinda fun to see MAYBERRY here after a while... oh crap! don't tell me i just spoiled the story! sorry for that, I didnt know!
CadenceofRain chapter 1 . 1/29/2012
Huh. I don't think I've ever seen a story about resurrection that actually goes off without a hitch before. Definitely an original and interesting idea, especially for MLP. This was a really strange departure from most stories, but it absolutely worked. Just long enough to remain interesting and provide enough detail, while short enough to be thought-provoking and such without becoming boring.

The entire setup for each of the deaths was quite good, and they were creative. AJ's was slightly amusing, but the rest were all things that I could see happening in a scenario like this. Rainbow's in particular was pretty believable, though the Wonderbolts must have a lot of deaths during tryouts if they go for that kind of initiation method. I was happy that Pinkie stayed alive, since leaving Twilight all alone would have seemed like cliche.

As for getting the CMC involved, that was a pretty interesting twist. Their presence and the whole ritual was pretty cool, and I like the way that this story was pulled off. There's a lot of potential for a continuation if you felt like doing it, but... this could also remain a one-shot. Seeing how the CMC were affected by the events and having them talk to their reborn family/idol would be interesting. Could also be intriguing to see what Celestia thinks of all this, given that Twilight messed with some high-level, possibly forbidden magic.

Anyway, good idea, and it was executed pretty well. Your writing style has improved, and there weren't many errors at all. I really liked this one, and I'm interested to see what you come up with next.
Determamfidd chapter 1 . 1/26/2012
Very interesting idea, and well executed! A few syntax, grammar and spelling mistakes, but overall it's a good read. Phew, Twilight, bringing back the dead - way to prove that you're the most powerful unicorn ever born! Love the CMC's involvement, and that memories of Spike brought Fluttershy's spirit out of hiding, very cute. Poor Pinkie. Because she's always so chipper, Pinkie being sad is somehow sadder than any other pony being sad! Love the last sentence. I thought the way they all passed was very appropriate to who they are - Dash saving somepony for the last time, Fluttershy defending a friend, Rarity through an unlucky quirk of her own vanity and Applejack working her beloved farm. Hah - "Here comes Tom!"
Mechan Anical chapter 1 . 1/26/2012
I . . . Love it. Alot. Keep writing. Maybe not this story, as it looks to be done, but other stories. U r an artist.