Reviews for The Short Straw
PandoraTavi chapter 22 . 11/13/2014
I just finished it TToTT It's so beautiful and perfect I love it so much! Thank you for writing this, honestly its amazing! Everything you wrote was just...perfect!
Guest chapter 8 . 10/9/2014
I like the concept of the story, but if I were to give a suggestion it'd be to spend more time looking for the holes in your story. There are certain things that just don't make sense, and while there's a certain allowance for suspension of disbelief, I think some of these things detract from the larger story or require and explanation to be believable.

1. What was the point of the Doctor becoming human again? In the Family of Blood episodes, it made sense, because after just a few months, the family would die and the danger would be gone. with these new enemies that are hunting him, why would it benefit him to become a human, instead of using his mind to solve the problem, like he usually does?

2. What makes them all suddenly assume that because he associates the word "pond" with a girl, surely that girl's name must be pond? I think it'd make more sense that they'd wonder if he'd met the girl at a pond, or if her favorite place was a pond, or he once visited a pond with her, than to suddenly decide her name must be pond, and so his might be as well.

3. He's being held against his will by Torchwood, but he's allowed to just stay at Rose's flat? why?

4. The point of the chameleon arch is that it actually makes the doctor human. The TARDIS even invents a back story and he's a real person with thoughts and emotions that differ from the Doctor, though there are similarities. Why does he not have a back story? What's with all this melodramatic random moments of remembering that don't seem to have a logical cause?

5. Rose is not an idiot. She'd start putting pieces together. She is a Torchwood agent at a site of alien activity. A man just appeared, likely through the void, and he doesn't recognize zeppelins. I think she's smart enough to figure out he may have come from her universe. And he had a double heartbeat for a moment and has nightmares like the Doctor has, which I'm sure she's witnessed since she lives with him... She knows about regeneration and probably knows about the chameleon arch through the metacrisis Doctor. she saw the fob watch and brought up some really good points when she was talking to him about looking at the watch... I repeat, Rose is not an idiot.

And most unrealistic of all... You mean to tell me that its discovered that the metacrisis Doctor is missing and possibly dead, but instead of taking her aside to tell her in private, Pete calls a meeting and lets Rose find out in a room full of people? This is where my suspension of disbelief ended.

I don't want to seem too harsh. I really like your concept a lot and your writing style is very nice. I still want to read on to see what happens. I just think that this would be the story's major weakness and it might be something to be wary of in the future.
Lexi-the-timelord-10 chapter 22 . 7/14/2014
Oh my goodness this fanfic was amazing! I was bored and I started looking for eleven/Rose fanfic when this one caught my eye. I absoulutly loved it. I hope you make a short epilogue one day about Rose meeting Amy, Rory, and river. It would probably be just as amazing as this story! :)
Guest chapter 17 . 6/20/2014
OH MY GOD IM SUCH AN IDIOT! THE ALIENS ARE THE SAME ONES 11 WAS RUNNING FROM DUHHHHH HOW DID I NOT SEE THAT?!
V chapter 22 . 4/14/2014
This was great! Not too long, not too short, everyone is in character. Although I always feel sorry for 10.5 when he doesn't get his forever with Rose.
aminyia chapter 22 . 4/1/2014
that was absoluely amazing. I cant I cried it's jusy arrggghgg go you
Guest chapter 22 . 3/25/2014
OMG This was such an amazing fic! I had moments where i was heart broken and moments where i couldn't stop my smile. GREAT JOB!
ran0neechan chapter 22 . 3/18/2014
Aw :'(
Kylaia78 chapter 22 . 1/24/2014
Great Story would love to see continued stories.
green eyes and blond girls chapter 22 . 1/9/2014
One word...masterpiece. Loved it from beggining to end. Could have been a little more of 11/ rose but still absolutely brilliant.
Guest chapter 22 . 1/5/2014
I have no words. Just... Beautiful. I cried for this. Twice. Never stop being brilliant yourself.
Doctordonnanoble chapter 21 . 12/29/2013
I absolutely enjoyed this but please don't take this the wrong way but is there a fanfic thing in doctor who where poor handy is killed off in every story? Or do I just happen to find brilliant fanficsw with my handy and rose otp and then by the end it goes nope-tp. As I said it was brilliant,funny and brilliant!
Roxy Leigh Blue chapter 22 . 12/10/2013
Absolutely amazing! This was very well executed and the plot snared you from the very beginning. I will most definitely be reading this again.

Roxy x
Areus Bookworm chapter 22 . 10/26/2013
Even though I would have liked the ending with her traveling with him, I like this one just as much!
sesshyluver17 chapter 22 . 10/15/2013
Amazing! You had me crying so much! lol Loved it!