Reviews for Living on a Prayer
Nadamalki chapter 1 . 9/1/2013
My oh my, it was a breath of fresh air to read some of your stories again, this one was truly short and sweet, loved it!
Freya922 chapter 1 . 6/19/2013
I so appreciate this expansion of the episode. My heart was breaking for Dean at the end, and far too much was left unaddressed. You did a tremendous job illustrating Dean's depleted state of being, and I loved that you brought John to him by whatever means in his hour of dire need...
gr8read chapter 1 . 10/5/2012
Brought tears to my eyes. Beautifully done.
rog457 chapter 1 . 7/28/2012
I love that you used that line from Firefly, another one of my favorite shows. It is just so appropriate for the Winchesters.

I so miss John, he gets a bad rap sometimes, and even I hated what he put the boys through, but there was one thing no one could doubt, he loved his sons and would do anything for them.

Great story.
ryder21 chapter 1 . 6/9/2012
Wow...just,wow.

Stepping away from the Impala, his brief burst of purpose carried him all of one step before the world tilted and he felt his legs give way.

This 'brief burst of purpose' is so Dean, before he succumbs... it breaks my heart.

I love the way you write Dean, no...I really mean it...I LOVE the way you write Dean.
FallenAngel218 chapter 1 . 4/24/2012
Good Lord, I almost shed tears myself reading this! Love the angst!
T.L. Arens chapter 1 . 4/9/2012
*shivers* whoa! This story left me breathless! No one has EVER done a tag for "My Bloody Valentine"-or at least not like this! LOVED the Bon Jovi reference, too ;) SUCH a good group. I can't express well enough how I enjoyed the way you stripped Dean down, broke his masks and his walls and then brought in the wow-factor via an answered prayer-John... It's stories like these that make me wish we could see this stuff on tv.

And not to bolster your ego, but I gotta tell ya, Amanda, you write Dean like no one else does. You GET him, you really do. You stay well within character but you peel back those layers so that we see the person.

I can't WAIT to read your next story! Yipee! :D
apieceofcake chapter 1 . 3/16/2012
That bit with John made me cry! I was so willing him to give Dean a hug and he did :-)

So glad you did a tag for this episode :-)

Loved these especially..

The air around him felt…heavy. Weighted with need and guilt. Sam's need. Cas' guilt. Dean was buried under his inability to alleviate either. The whiskey burned; he imagined it tracing a path down his throat into the hollow…nothing inside of him. Burning a brand that claimed him as one of the Devil's own.

Already dead.

and

Dean stumbled slightly as he reached for the front door, needing exactly what he'd said: air. He couldn't breathe right; each breath he drew skipped over his lips, caught on his teeth, clung to his throat. His lungs ached and his eyes burned and he was empty…oh, God, he was just empty.

Enjoyed muchly, thank you!

xx.
AZGirl chapter 1 . 3/8/2012
This story put my heart through the wringer... The boys have been through so much in their lives and it seems like they never truly catch a break. Loved the visit from John and I loved that you used that quote from Firefly! thanks for sharing this story with us!
ackeberlynn chapter 1 . 3/5/2012
Wow - this one made me cry.

I always hated how that final scene in the junkyard was never really dealt with, at least IMHO. 'Course the whole series - Dean's depression and PTSD is never really dealt with.

But this - this was so beautiful. And terribly, terribly sad.

I absolutely loved it.
darksupernatural chapter 1 . 2/17/2012
I really enjoyed Dean's angst and the moments with john. looking forward to your next one.
BlackIceWitch chapter 1 . 2/16/2012
Absolutely love this story. It's superbly written, ideally realised and so completely what Dean needed that there are no words to describe the achievement. Damn, but I wish you were consulting on the bloody series!
EmptySpaces11 chapter 1 . 2/11/2012
The 5th season it was one of the best.

And this episode was terrible because Famine tall the truth to Dean, and the incredible thing is... The more empty and alone he is, the more able to stand up he is. The more the pain grows inside him, the more love seems to sustain him. I think Sam was until the 6 season the reazon of that. I don't know now. What do think?

Well, but it's a very angsty text. For sure. And I loved it!

Very intense. Very sensible.

Thanks!
Zinfer chapter 1 . 2/3/2012
Oh my gosh! I love this do much! For some dang reason fanfiction hasnt been sending me updates so it's just by chance that I found out u had a new fic. And what a wonderful fic it is! I was missing some castiel and I think u did a brilliant job with him as well as all the other characters. I also LOVED Johns pep talk with dean. Beautifully done. Heck, even I was inspired. The line about going through the motions was wonderful :). Keep up the amazing work and I'll just keep coming back and visiting ur page if I have to
Nana56 chapter 1 . 2/2/2012
Oh boy! Good one! Really, really good one! Loved it. It was so good to see John again! Still miss that man and his love for his boys. He could be an ass when he wanted to, but he never could be said to not love his boys. What an awesome scene between him and Dean! You did that perfectly. *sighs happily*

Beautifully done, as always, my friend. :)
46 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »