Reviews for Herbert Garrison's Night School for Unwed Fathers
cocoadaze chapter 17 . 2/25/2014
Awh man. After the whole 'the scenic route' this feels so relaxed compared to it :D I mean i love both of these fics so much. I love the second chapter & the whole party thing. And i love all the couples (tho i feel a bit sad for Tweek & Craig)
I love their children, Stan & Kyle's adorable and strong relationship. I love how Kenny came back & how their relationship is a bit weird but sweet (like in the scenic route)
I really REALLY love how you write these stories. They're beautiful and deserve a lots of more reviews & favorites and stuff. :3 I love how the first chapter is Henriettas POV and the final also. Damn i love you writer. Thank you :3
Candie Pie chapter 10 . 10/31/2013
I am just so impressed with how you handled cartman in this story. You just hit the mark on all the characters.
fallingwthstyle chapter 4 . 10/17/2013
"That last time you said that about something Cartman did you were eating burgers that had marinated in his ass." - That was the line that finally tipped me over laughing so hard I had to stop reading for several minutes. How I've managed to not read THIS yet is a mystery...LOL, I can't wait to see where this is headed next :)
Guest chapter 14 . 7/17/2013
Small thing:

"The nurse will have given him his antibiotic by the time we get back. We were just on our way to the NICU to see your grandson," she said to Sharon.

Shouldn't it be "granddaughter"? :)
pinkfloyd1770 chapter 17 . 5/17/2013
So this is the story that makes mpreg tractable. When I stumbled upon fanfiction years ago, and eventually read my first mpreg fic, I kept saying at the end of each chapter 'this is a joke, right?' And then it wasn't. After that I just dismissed mpreg as 'that weird part of fanfiction,' and I wanted nothing to do with the genre. I suppose it's large enough to be considered a genre? Anyway, I had an aversion, but this story went beyond it. And it's because all the characters and their situation are treated so honestly, that you can't help but want to follow their story and regard them as faithful depictions of their canon counterparts.
The effect is achieved both from the emotional and physical standpoint. Clyde going into shock because his water broke and didn't have any place to go, the development of Kyle's nipples, it's things like this which completely do away with the usual 'Oh, I'm a guy and I'm pregnant. No big deal. I'll just crap the baby out in nine months and it'll all be good.' All other mpreg fics I've seen follow this formula, and they're so trite as a result that they can't be treated as anything except satire. Terribly written satire. Maybe self-parody?
And the emotional component. Stan just loves Kyle so, so much. Their relationship doesn't even lend itself to an adequate description. It's a whole that has to be experience by reading the entire work, and that's the hallmark of good writing: an experience, rather than a summary.
Also, something I really liked was the portrayal of gender and sexuality. When Kyle says to Stan that he isn't a man anymore, it really highlighted what I feel is an essential component of the story. What does it mean to be a man, in the physical and emotional sense of the term? Does it just mean you have a dick and balls? From a biological standpoint, I suppose you could say if you produce sperm, you're a man, if you produce eggs, you're a woman. That's quite simple, and so it can't possibly encapsulate the range of what we in such a developed society regard as gender. It reminded me of the 'Eek! A Penis' episode, when Garrison equates infertility with 'not being a woman,' or being a man, by extension. Of course, that's appalling simple, and just as in Kyle's case, it fails. Kyle is a man, whether he's pregnant or not, because that's his life experience. He never once before ever questioned his gender. It's his experience. It's an integral aspect of the identity he's built himself up with, and it's so complex that it can't possibly be taken away with a womb.
To wind this down, this is probably the most complex mpreg fic that will ever be on this site; it's certainly the only tolerable one in the South Park fandom that I've come across. As a final thought, I was thinking throughout the whole story: what if Stan were the pregnant one? I know with the way the story was set up that it wouldn't have happened, but I can't help but consider the possibility. I firmly believe Stan would be ecstatic, at least initially. Hell, he'd probably like his manboobs. It'd be interesting to see how Kyle would deal with the stress of a pregnant Stan, how he'd cope with his possible enthusiasm and the possibility of having to give up Yale to stay with Stan. Just some random thoughts. Anyway, I hope this review finds you well, and thank you for writing an mpreg fic that can be read without the preface 'This is a joke, right?'
howtodisappearcompletely chapter 17 . 5/8/2013
Once again one of your stories has blown me away! I really didn't think I'd like a story with mpreg, but like many of the other reviewers I was totally won over by the detail and realism of this. It didn't have the usual cheesy, ridiculous story telling that goes with mpreg, and the characters were insanely vivid, something I'm coming to expect from your work!

I have to say as well, I adored the Stan you portrayed in this story, he was exactly the way I like to think of him, but put into writing in a way I never could. The sensitive side as well as the overwhelming desire to look after Kyle was exactly right. His little satisfaction at buying them food etc. just made it.

Anyway thanks for another great read!
Haaku12 chapter 17 . 5/8/2013
This...was... It, it was so ridiculously GREAT that I am having trouble believing it! You played them all so wonderfully /in character/ that just... wow. And you included so many little references! Facebook and Stan, and this giant multitude of other things I'm too as to wished right now to remember. It was brilliant! And you ended it great by having not all the couples live perfectly together. Just... wow.
So I character!
Nice job! :D
Zukuto chapter 17 . 4/9/2013
Amazing story ! Loved it all.
nilvisk chapter 17 . 2/27/2013
Wooo, i made it to the end :) kinda sad that there isn't another chapter to wade through, but you deffinately ended it well. By that I mean, usually when I finish a story it has an abrupt ending, but I think this is the first story i've read (including regular fiction too) that led me to the end slowly and gently, so by the time i read those words 'the end', i felt happy, and not extremely sad that the story was over :) that's a good thing btw, and I will miss reading your story and the world you created for the much loved south park gang... like every good story, it gives me a slightly new outlook on life, and the way you described that mother-child bond was nothing short of inspiring... While I was reading the part with the births, I couldn't stop asking my sister and her husband-to-be when they will have a baby, and now i don't feel so daunted by the idea that I might have one one day too :) anyway, it deffinately had a positive impact on my life, and I love how pretty much all loose ends had been tied in the last chapter, even kenny and butters rocky relationship xD there is one thing that bothered me though, the fact that one person in each relationship was assigned the bottom position? I thought in relationships, while someone might prefer to be in that position, wouldn't there have to be some swapping of positions every so often? Mostly because, well I can't find the word for this, but it isn't exactly good for your body to take something like that in such places most nights, or at least that's what I heard... And I have one more question, it might have been mentioned or hinted at but if it had then I obviously didn't notice it, but did Stan and Kyle get their own house in that 10 year gap?
Vember85 chapter 11 . 1/12/2013
there are tears leaking everywhere oh my fucking god ;_;
Vember85 chapter 4 . 1/10/2013
i love the visual aspects of this story. i feel bad for the boys, i do, but it's still comical.
& craig, i love craig, oh my god.
ATTHESTROKEOFMIDNIGHT chapter 17 . 1/9/2013
I'm sorry, this may not be as long and heatfelt as its meant to be because unfortunately I am on a mobile device... But anywho I just wanted to say that this is by far one of my favorite chapter fics! It was great and held my attention until the last word, and even then I found myself wishing for more( by the way, I love how you used Henrietta's perspective :D) . I wanted all these answers but found them supplied although I wish I would be able to hold them in my hands and clearly grasp them. ( do you have published works because WOW!) like Tweek and Craig , but it is inevitable that they will surely end up back together eventually, because Craig really can't be without tweek( I hope :/). Anyways, just wanted to say how much I enjoyed this, everything about it, and look forward to reading many more of your fics!
MinimizeYourself chapter 17 . 11/7/2012
This is legitimately one of my favorite South Park stories ever. I'm not usually a huge fan of mpreg, but you made it work in a way that existed very well within the South Park universe. And it also happened to be incredibly sweet and adorable, and I've told all my friends about it because I love it so much. Very good!
z0na chapter 17 . 10/24/2012
I usually don't write reviews, but I have to tell you that this was great. Just great. Generally Tyde, Bunny and Creek are my OTP's but I have come to have an appreciation for Style after reading this. Kyle was insufferable at times, but so in character that I just couldn't dislike him. Everyone was in fact. I'm kinda sad Tweek and Craig didn't stay together. I'm overjoyed that Clyde and Token are happy. I'm glad everything worked out for Stan and Kyle. I absolutely adore Wendy and Cartman in a weird way, they work. Butters and Kenny. DRAMA buy they belong together they're adorbs glad they have a thing, whatever it is. Gosh, and the kids adorable from the moment they were born. I can just imagine them, so flippin cute. OH! almost forgot about Henry. Happy for her to. Love the name you picked out for her son btw. I could go on and on about everything that was great about this. Good job. Keep up the good work c: Also, I wouldn't be terribly upset If you did a sequel but this is a good ending.
Guest chapter 9 . 9/23/2012
What's the meaning of life?" Stan asked. Damien raised his brow at him and he shrugged. "Sorry. I couldn't help myself. I just wanted to know."
"Yea!" Kyle agreed.
Damien smirked. "The meaning of life is to figure out the meaning of life, you assholes."
248 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »