Reviews for Family Matters
Remembrance123 chapter 1 . 2/10/2014
I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really like this one. Just the fact that it really goes in depth to Nero (a character too often just ignored), and it just... I don't know. It was so good, so real and emotional, and sort of a quiet madness, like Nero himself... I just, I just yes. Yes.
SaintCatherine chapter 1 . 3/23/2012
Awww

I found this quite good in looking at Nero's more emotional side. Wanting to know about his mother. He seemed placated to find out she was just as bad as him and the ending of her being the voice in the darkness was the icing on the cake.

Again your take on the Tvisets never ceases to amaze me :)
Poisonberries chapter 1 . 1/29/2012
Other reviewers have said what I already did. This is brilliant and incisive and you should be very proud of yourself. I'm super proud of the work you've done here, your progression as an author, and to be your beta generally.

*kisses* - m
Sulky Shadow chapter 1 . 1/29/2012
Brilliant work as always. Your characterization never ceases to amaze, and Weiss and Nero's relationship is flawless. They're caring but distant relationship is portrayed very well. Congratulations on another wonderful piece.
HextheDaydreamer chapter 1 . 1/27/2012
That was heartbreaking...but at the same time so beautiful and right. My love for Nero has been rekindled

Thank you so much for writing this.
Sunnepho chapter 1 . 1/25/2012
Hello!

I'm glad you let me know you've written something new! It's wonderfully poignant! Who knows, perhaps we are starting a style trend.

I have not yet played DoC, so I can't comment much on the content. I suppose there are spoilers present, but you've presented the story in such a way that I can easily focus only on the points that you wished to highlight and not worry about the rest. I particularly love the distance between Nero and Weiss and their clumsy attempts at bridging it. The mix of monster and human in Nero tugs badly on my heartstrings, too.

Ahh, I really need to play this game soon!

Thank you for sharing!
ShiningSugar14 chapter 1 . 1/25/2012
First and foremost, thank you for reminding me of that Nero-centric one-shot I was doing. The idea had slipped away over break, but now its back.

Secondly, my incoherence is matched only by my urge to smother both men (and Harmaa, why not?) in hugs. Nero was beautifully characterized, and you did a really excellent job of demonstrating his desire for emotional ties without his being aware of it, and the scene where Nero asks if Weiss hates him broke my heart. Fantastic job!