Reviews for Entails and Embers
RavenclawWeasel531 chapter 1 . 12/3/2018
I think I shipped them from day 1. And this totally should have happened. I was so sad that they were only together for 1 season before he died.
Mimi chapter 1 . 7/7/2014
I love these early smut scenes! It makes me happy that they are married sooner so that they can be together longer before tragedy strikes. I love your writing! Each of your one-shors is filled with sexual tension and chemistry that is so electric!
Anonymous-girl chapter 1 . 3/23/2013
I have no words. This is a beautifully written piece. The canon scene almost melted me; I so wanted even a chaste kiss, but accepted that perhaps it was too early and there'd be no series 2! But this... this is just so believable, well characterised and wonderful.

Honestly, I was holding my breath the whole way through, until they began to kiss, and then my own breath quickened as surely as I'd I were Mary. I could picture them exactly as you described. It was incredibly erotic. I have conjured up many M/M sex scenes in my head, but your writing is so good that I almost had palpitations.

And now I need a lie down. And some smelling salts.

Please keep writing M/M fiction.
luvgoround chapter 1 . 10/29/2012
Love how you evolved this story from that night. You're so good at describing "things". Much better than the way it went in the show - poor Matthew looked so hurt and dejected. Not in this story.
paynesgrey chapter 1 . 7/22/2012
This was amazing, and so romantic and lovely. Well done!
Hazelmist chapter 1 . 6/12/2012
I loved this scene and I'm so happy someone decided to add on to it!
25SHA chapter 1 . 2/13/2012
Captured so well! I loved this! I love the proper and refined elegance of those times, so Matthew and Mary crossing that boundary is somewhat difficult to get right. You did it beautifully! I always come across stories where you can tell the writers struggle with writing a love scene when it's so improper for the characters. It seems a difficult thing to write, but I loved how you mentioned the inner 'justification' of the actions/ decision for Mary in particular. Kind of justifies it for the readers too and that's new to me from all the Downton stories I've read so far. Mostly I come across it either not mentioned at all and it's just a hasty jump to lust and no thought process to smooth over the impropriety, or it's mentioned too much and you as the reader start to doubt whether they should be going there :D You did it perfectly, so THANK YOU and well done!

It was one spicy hit of Downton (the Downton in our dreams) and helps with the MASSIVE wait until Season 3!
Office Romance chapter 1 . 1/30/2012
Oh my good gracious, Heaven above! That was hot! This sooo should have happened! Needless to say, I think Matthew and Mary are suppose to be together and this was simply brilliant.
Kavan chapter 1 . 1/29/2012
What I like best about this fic is the heart. You really sense how much Mary and Matthew like one another and how realizing that does shift the whole dynamic. And I use the word like purposefully because to me that's really important to this story. By the end you know M&M have changed emotionally not just physically. It's just an excellent story as all of yours are.
gayeffie chapter 1 . 1/29/2012
this was fantastic. It's like you're determined to get better and better with every fic you write, and it doesn't seem that's possible, they're already so amazing...

x kissthespider26
LoveMeBetter chapter 1 . 1/28/2012
Absolutely beautiful. Beautifully written and amazing storyline. Just perfect
LH chapter 1 . 1/27/2012
Great story love it, but I feel that other FanFic writers might be intimidated by how good it is because no other MM fanfics have been updated since this one lol nearly 2 days shah :/
Lluvia185 chapter 1 . 1/27/2012
Dear God! It was so damn...hot! And so wonderfull and beautifully written. Love it! Though so bold of them, doing it in the library, hehe.
darkblueyank chapter 1 . 1/26/2012
This is so perfect and hot and hotly perfect. You captured the essence of their characters at that early point in their relationships with each other and with the world around them, and made it work that they find each other. After I saw the CS, it seemed so right that Mary and Matthew would not get together until they had each "lived their own lives" and matured as a result. After the CS it just didn't seem to make any sense to have them together without their struggles and sorrows. But in your story you made it seem not just possible, but beautiful and complete that they find each other early on, when their own feelings are still new, and they are still naive, even Mary. And you put Pamuk in his place thank you.

I always thought that S1 episode simmered for the way Matthew checks her out in that revealing gown (how did they make revealing work with corsets? Genius) and then the touch that she feels through the glove. Oooh.

Hotness is your line about Matthew would forget his name but for Mary saying it in his ear. If that's not hot then hotness doesn't exist.

Thank you for not giving us a Pamuk-angst-cold water dumped on our heads at the end of this. I would love to see you continue this Mary and Matthew as they work through Mary telling Matthew about Pamuk.
golden12 chapter 1 . 1/26/2012
Wow...please continue...you certainly got my attention!