Reviews for One Man's Journey
NoGutsNoGlory chapter 3 . 1/6
I like it, but I feel I should mention that he could just have to carry stuff.
Dreamy Ghost chapter 13 . 5/16/2013
Bravo! Bravo! Our hero has at least rang the Bell of Awakening and is now ready to travel into the world below. Down into the unforgiving depths of a world where those who turned hollow were banished. Or perhaps he'll head into the Darkroot Garden and encounter its forgotten ruins? Either way I'm absolutely thrilled for the next chapter and I certainly hope the Pilgrim didn't forget those nifty doors by the steps in the cathedral ;). Could be his new favorite shortcut home. This story is remaining intriguing as ever, especially the way you give dialogue to otherwise mad beings like the balder knights, the tower knight and the 6 eyed channeler. Amazing work thus far. You successfully add clear dialogue to Solaire without making him sound like a different character as well. I'm eagerly awaiting the next step in the Pilgrim's journey. He's got about 4 different directions he can go _. Surprise us!
kyub3y14 chapter 13 . 4/30/2013
A most marvelous chapter. Now to the depths of Blighttown and Sens funhouse after. Your use of the dark sign as well as other things such as soul strengthening among other things is quite clever especially as a way to explain all those little game mechanics. Great job and I'm hoping to see more chapters in the future.
ParagonEmil chapter 12 . 4/26/2013
...MOREEEEE!
Paragon chapter 12 . 3/30/2013
Badass. If you continue (which you better), you should include Havel, Capra Demon and others. Also, I'm very much looking forward to The Pilgrim meeting Ornstein, Lautrec and Patches. Can't wait, this is the greatest DS fanfic I've ever read!
kyub3y14 chapter 12 . 3/22/2013
A magnificent chapter indeed. Seeing the blacksmiths personality drawn out like that was excellent so much so that I'm looking forward towards Sir Onions chapter since he's such a quirky fellow. Hopefully the pilgrim can use his Black Knight sword soon though I for one prefer the halberd :)
Dreamy Ghost chapter 12 . 3/21/2013
Nice job, Ferret! Really inspiring to see you add such unique dialogue entries to already existent characters. The bit about Siegmeyer's ramblings made me laugh lol. It had honestly never occurred to me that Andre and Siegmeyer could have possibly conversed. But you definitely made Andre look like a complete badass. Excellent work! Heavily looking forward to the next entry and I'm just plain happy that you continued on with this story :).
Atlas chapter 11 . 2/27/2013
Its just like playing the game! Fantastic story, good sir.
Guest chapter 11 . 2/4/2013
Yes yes yes! I'm so glad you chose to continue this story! I got all excited when I saw this one in my email. It's good to see our undead rising to his first goal. Let's hope he summons Solaire for help!
kyugan chapter 10 . 1/23/2013
Ah, the drake farm. So many memories. You gonna go for the Drake Sword?
FernanRx182 chapter 10 . 12/19/2012
I loved this one! I like how you used the different time periods as an explanation for the multiplayer aspect of the game. ;)
FernanRx182 chapter 5 . 12/18/2012
I am really loving these!
shadowsilv3r chapter 1 . 12/8/2012
very morbid writing style you've got here, I'm adding it to alert. and will give you a proper review after a few chapters.
kyub3y14 chapter 8 . 11/30/2012
One of the most exquisite novelizations I've ever read. The attention to detail is amazing. Not a fic full of Chosen Undead just hacking away at hallows in line with the story, all the little moments of him learning about the world he is in and himself really has me hooked. His rage after losing his humanity was great and gives him incentive to stay alive as long as possible instead of just dying and tryig again like most players (including me). I would love for this fic to continue but I'd like to ask if Prepare to Die content will make an appearance? Invasions? Jolly co-op? Mostly out of curiosity of course. Please keep up the good work author-san.
Dreamy Ghost chapter 10 . 11/14/2012
Nice update! I get all giddy and stuff when I see these updates in my gmail :D. Excellent dialogue sequence against Brolaire of Astora. It was interesting to see how your undead conversed with him, thus giving us readers a better look at his personality and whatnot. As the story goes on, we're getting to know the Chosen Undead better and better. I have faith in him! He will reach the Kiln :). Thanks for posting! You know I'm always reading.