Reviews for Until We Rise
Arianka chapter 1 . 3/26
Hi :) Like I promised, my project is over, I can review now.
This was certainly entertaining way of describing Glorfindel's comeback to Middle-Earth. I've read a few of your stories and I must say I really like the way you portray him, or the elves generally - it suits the way I see , joyous, but also tempered. I loved that sarcastic humour between Glorfindel and Elrond.
Hair. God, I was close to getting hair fetish after reading so many descriptions. And I am surprised that I loved them. And I loved the fact you described closeness between elves without putting some riddiculous slash pairings. Anyway, I've read some of your short stories before seeing this one so I knew I could "trust" you.
It was interesting, Glorfindel learning his body again,talking, experiencing feelings and sensations. Well done :)
What I didn't like, what shortening Glorfindel to Glor. Ugh, I've seen far too many horrific fanfics and infortunately such names remind me of the stories I wish I haven't seen.

Is Browne your own character? She was lovely.

Than you, it was a good story to read on my way to work and uni :)
elsa3beth chapter 9 . 2/9/2013
Fantastic story - well paced, great characterizations of all the characters, and very well written. Love also how you allow Glorfindel to still retain some air of mystery. Bravo!
SilverInches chapter 1 . 2/20/2010
I read the first chapter of this story when you first uploaded it years ago, and then lost it! And just today, I stumbled across it by sheer accident! All the times I looked for it and couldn't find it, I thought it maybe hadn't existed, but here it is. I'm so excited.

I love your writing style, and the premise of this story... I'm off to read the rest of it!
SkyChild chapter 9 . 1/5/2008
Awesome... up to now, the best Glorfindel-rebirth fic I've ever read! "Your" Glorfindel isn't a trembling weakling, he keeps his dignity even in this most unusual situation, isn't fazed the least but all that's going on, full of silent knowledge instead - really, really great work, I absolutely love it!

By the way, where can I find "Fragile peace" you're talking about at the end of this chapter? I'd love to know the rest of Glory's story!

Take care and thank you for this great work!

SkyChild
Manny Maarie chapter 9 . 3/6/2007
That was bloody brilliant. I loved it so much. Just one question, were Gildor and Glorfindel, you know? :p
John M Walker chapter 1 . 2/3/2007
I am delighted to say I have enjoyed all nine chapters of this story. I have read the " the Lord of The Rings', trilology and think this is an excelent piece. Is their more?
Mystic Catface chapter 9 . 7/29/2005
This is a brilliantly written story. Please update soon!
Ashti chapter 9 . 6/20/2005
Beautiful.
Jazmin3 Firewing chapter 2 . 8/13/2004
Nice story. Nice idea. Lo me gusta mucho (I like it a lot), but "my friend" in Sindarin is "mellon nín", with the "í" acheived by holding down alt and pressing 0237 on the number pad.
SugarIcing chapter 9 . 6/3/2004
This is AWESOME.

Are you continuing? I NEED YOU TO!

This is very well written, very well written.

I applaud you!

Glor is such a cutie pie! -

Icing :P
artanis777 chapter 9 . 2/10/2004
Wow. Wow... I am speechless. Glorfindel is my favorite elf and I swear, NO one has been able to portray him as well as you do. I will now go read all of your other stories. _
Rosemary For Remembrance chapter 9 . 1/29/2004
WOW! Sugoii! I love the way you portray glorfy! I'd have to say you and dragon confused are my favorite Tolkien Fanfiction authors. You maintain a steady and believable connection to the cannon, while working the wonders of fan fiction. Thank you so much for that!
Chibi Mo
Kitty2228 chapter 9 . 6/22/2003
Alright Levade, this review is much longer then I usually write, but holey crap this story was so damn good it deserves it.

Right away I really liked the way the transition from death in Gondolin to rebirth occurred. the Pain and then the calm, but confusion was really interesting. The newness of rebirth was extremely well portrayed throughout the story, nut the beginning was especially poignant. "Flesh that had been blackened, charred… Now wonderfully and frighteningly, perfectly pale. He could see the veins pulsing with blood beneath the surface and almost laughed it was so amazing. " What a great line. It really said it all. The reaction to his self exploration was very realistic. I imagine the first thing I would as a male withdrawn from touch would be to head south in my explorations too;-).

The relationships in this story were so well written, and every character was completely believably. I especially enjoyed the Galadriel/Glorfindel butting heads. The ease that Glorfindel and Elrond settled into friendship was so well done. Bronwe, Cirdan, Gildor, etc.. were all unique and interesting, and not in the least forced.

I really liked the use of foreshadowing in this piece. "...Of the beauty of Valinor he'd seen growing up, knowing now that he would not see it again until .." UNTIL WHAT? "Younglings had some of the strangest ideas of romance and love, mixing it up so badly sometimes they didn’t even know love when they saw it right before them" Is there romance in the future for Glorfindel and Bronwe? (I hope so!) “Keep corrupted maiar out of my path and I shall be content.” Good thing he wasn't chosen for the fellowship. Oh, and what's the deal with Thranduil and Bronwe. I suspect it goes back to Doriath, but I can only harbor a guess here.

The use of language in this piece was great. Specifically in the use of the word ‘precious’. I always enjoyed the use of that word in Tolkein's work ,in that double edged way, which you use it here to a perfect similar effect.

The best part by far to this story is the balance between humor and the bittersweet. All I can say here is wow! I can't wait to read more in the future, and see where this all ends up going. Your author’s notes often remarked on how long this fic took to write, but your efforts really paid off! Ok, I’ll shut up from this rant now,

Kitty
annakas chapter 9 . 5/17/2003
I love the story, what can I say I simpli love it. The humor is amazing. And I love your portrayal of Glorfindel and Elrond.
Kate Fairbairn chapter 9 . 3/7/2003
Yay! Very nice. Some of my favorite quotes: "and the tree Turgon had been so terribly proud of, though he personally had found it a bit much."

and "It's green"