Reviews for Black Sheep
CarverEdlundtheLast chapter 8 . 11/22
Wow, that was a really good idea for the plot, and the story was exceptionally clever. Honestly, I love the idea of them taking a case outside of the U.S., and it was great how you were able to incorporate some of London's history. Great story!
MeAzrael chapter 8 . 10/19/2012
Hehe, I always love Dean reflecting about his condition - like "What actually came out of his mouth was that pitiful, huffy peep. What in the hell was that? Did a cockroach just scuttle into the room and fart?" LOL! I can't deny that I envied Josie - not for the patching up, but the massaging part sounded yummy :-) And I had to smile about the boys sitting in a top deck, enjoying a guided tour. Such a cute image! They deserved a bit quality time - after ganking a Jack-in-the-box-Ripper-demon and before the flight back.

Great story, sweets! It was so much fun to have them meet some very original brits and roam the city with them. Thanks a lot :-)) Can't wait to see them back in old Rome. Next capital could be... hm, Paris (learning to speak only with eyes and gestures)? Or in Marrakesh (caftan, turkish bath, belly dance - hehe)? Just thinking...

MeAzrael chapter 7 . 10/19/2012
Hah - I had that bad feeling the second that woman ran into them (okay, maybe I've got a bad feeling EVERY time a woman is running in my boys ;-) - nah, really, I thought of a trap, but a really clever and neat one! So you made me happy confirming my suspicion :D
Aw nooo - poor Dean, his inner sanctum (so to say). Sonofa... I don't know what it is with us girls and writing about sharp knifes slicing into the tender skin of our Winchesters, but it never ever fails to have the desired effect - exiting. Tsk! Thank God Sam came to the rescue in time. Still, I felt bad for the cute vessel (so sweet that you've thought of a bit of comfort in the last chapter :-)

MeAzrael chapter 6 . 10/17/2012
They are a great team, Cyril and our boys. Got it figured out! And the Thames marking the line under the circle - I really liked that idea.

"Cyril glared at Dean, "look at yer, son; you're bleedin' knackered. We're all knackered," he snorted; "bleedin' two-an-eight we're all in, we couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery, never mind prevent the end of the bleedin' world." Ahhh - you're pretty good at cursing like a sailor :-) Where did you learn that? Grandpa?

Ah, sunset over the river - and dreaming of a cold beer - I feel so in tune with Dean ;-)

MeAzrael chapter 5 . 10/16/2012
Geez, that poor woman. Still, a really vivid scene with young Inspector Beckham (hehe :-) and the cruel details. I loved your "Gutted was such a small word. A neat little soulless word, it went no way towards describing what had happened to the poor woman laying at the feet of Cyril and the Winchesters." Exactly, that's it - that's what you sometimes think when you see the news about wars and terror acts and murder, delivered with a very professional and passive expression...

Enjoyed Dean nearly collapsing over the research, and I had to chuckle about his theory: "Firstly, there was the wet weather. He'd heard it rained a lot in England, after all, it wasn't described as a 'green' and pleasant land for nothing, but this much? It hadn't damned-well stopped since the Winchesters had set foot in London. Was the weather part of the atmospheric upheaval that often accompanied demonic activity? If it was then this was one friggin' powerful sonofabitch they were dealing with." LOL - hm, good thinking :-)

And the summoning sigil? That's ingenious. Great plot. 20 - 7 - 3 - 6. Hehe, awesome. Hopefully they can prevent the summoning or I will take a raincheck to my next visit to London ;-)

MeAzrael chapter 4 . 10/16/2012
Hehe, of course Dean would be whining about the british weather (I can't complain, I've had so many brilliant and sunny days in the UK - it's like a german proverb says: "When angels are travelling..." :-)

"He had crossed one or more of London's bridges practically every single day of his sixty three years, and still the day never dawned that he didn't feel a little flicker of excitement, a tiny lump of pulse-racing joy in his throat every time he and Myrtle took the trip across the water and looked down upon London's beating heart." Aw, Cyril is a cutie. And he's right - I fell in love with London the very first time I've visited, and there's still so much to discover!

Haha, Cyril cursing - that's awesome. Like when he had to tell the bloody Americans that it's not allowed to carry weapons in Europe :-) And I enjoyed the walk with him through Fleet Street. "His face broke into a smile as he remembered the halcyon days of Fleet Street; "middle of the night while the rest of London was asleep, well as asleep as it gets, this place was buzzin'," he recounted enthusiastically; "vans an' lorries tearin' around, drunk journos fallin' out of the pubs … even the ground was throbbin' beneath yer feet with all them massive presses running three storeys down in the basements of all these places around you." Wonderful - I can almost feel it :-)

Yay, going underground! Exciting! Apart from the rats! Oh, and the corpse :-(

Great chapter, thrilling and funny - just my favorite.

MeAzrael chapter 3 . 10/13/2012
It already feels like home with Cyril and Josie. And aw, english breakfast... yummy!
This one is lovely, though I don't get the meaning: "Oh now, ain't you a right two an' eight!" What I get though is how Dean is feeling - yeah, too much beer can make you wanna die :-)

"There was a soft sucking sound as Dean's face peeled free from the drying film of drool which had cemented it to the pillow and turned to look at her, grey faced and squinting as he struggled to focus uncoordinated eyes." Uh, nobody can make "sick Dean" feel as authentic as you ;)

At least he gets lots of sympathy, LOL: "Peering over his newspaper, Cyril winced. "Blimey, I done over the spirit of a Civil War infantryman in Maidstone a few weeks ago; that poor bugger got run through with a pikestaff then trampled into the ground by a cavalry charge over four hundred years ago and he still looked in better shape than you."

Ok boys, up and out - there's a case to solve!

MeAzrael chapter 2 . 10/13/2012
I really hope the boys won't burst at the seems before they have the case solved :-)
There are so many hilarious phrases I can't decide which I love most, but I try to keep in mind that one, cause it took me a while to decipher it ;-) "Get yer laughing gear roun' that," he had insisted handing them the pint glasses; "this is a real man's ale this is, not that bleedin' gassy gnats piss you drink over the pond." Poor Dean, you shouldn't have listened to that nasty man :D

Ah, that's what makes english pubs so special: there's a place for everyone, young and old, men and women, rich or not so rich, and - obviously - even some hunters. LOL, and the pie with green gravy... sweet.

"Sam realised that with the exception of the care he had received from his brother through his childhood, this was the closest he had ever got to being mothered. He smiled as he thought how he could get used to this. In fact, he almost laughed when he thought that Josie could be far more dangerous than anything the Winchesters had ever hunted; he'd never heard of a creature that got it's hooks into you and loved you to death." Right, sometimes we forget that Sam never had a mother (and not much of a father), perhaps that might explain some emotional deficits (I'm still angry with the way he is in 8.01 - didn't see 8.02 yet, perhaps it's getting better).

Yay, Jack the Ripper. You know what? That fits perfectly to what I'm currently reading, "The Map of Time" (it's great, btw). Coincidence? A Demon! Neat idea, makes perfectly sense to me - and if he's back due to the opening of the devil's gate nothing will stop the Winchesters from getting him.

MeAzrael chapter 1 . 10/13/2012
Hey girl, thanks so much for recommending this story - you were right, I instantly loved it :-)
Really, your granddad run the Bridge House until the sixties? That's exciting, too bad it's a chinese today. Anyway, when I finally find my way to London and hopefully to a get-together with you and some other friends, I'd like to see it :D I guess I've never been in that part of the City, though I always liked the name, Elephant and Castles.

Hehe, I always like the way you let us have fun with the boys, their easy banter and the way you describe their situation - it's to the point. Like "Inside the little car, the two distinctly un-little occupants sat, uncomfortably wedged into the tiny cabin; Sam with his knees pointing somewhere around the vicinity of his armpits and Dean straddling the steering wheel, trying hard not to kneecap himself on the gearstick." LOL - nice image.

I was wondering how you'd get Dean on a flight to the UK, but you solved the problem rather clever :-) I instantly liked Cyril Toebone (the name of a Hero), despite his love for Cliff Richard and even before I knew that he has a baby, too (a cab, how cool is that?!). Oh, and now I know you loved the Romans even before you wrote your new story ;-) "Cyril liked to tell folk he came from a long standing south London family; 'Sarf London bloodstock' was how he described himself. "There were probably a few celtic Toebones runnin' around in old Londinium getting right on those bleedin' Romans' tits," he often liked to add with a chuckle." Uh-huh!

Ah, another kind of roadhouse, and another kind of Jo - that was like coming home. She's a tough lady, Cyril's wife, reminds me a lot of Ellen. "The wrong side of fifty they guessed, she was slim and wiry, bearing the haggard, care-worn look beholden of a hunter's loved-one. But beneath the deeply lined face, and the streaks of grey at her temples, both Winchesters could see the unmistakeable stamp of the beauty she once had been." Boy, I had to laugh about that - the wrong side of fifty - chuckle.

Great start (including the little remark about the shifter that left for America, LOL) - I'm curious what's going on.

Deangirl Wannabe chapter 8 . 7/12/2012
Loved it! Maybe they have to make a movie or an episode based on this story :)
Soncnica chapter 8 . 6/2/2012
WOW omg I loved this story... it was refreshing to read something that is happening OUTSIDE of the States, and it's not even all that far fetched, because the boys were in Scotland! LOL

anywho, I mean first you gimme Jack the Ripper which is (sadly, grossly and weirdly) my favorite ''legend'' and then you go all, but he was a demon, which, really.. he so totally could be! because what that man did... *shudders* him being a demon is really not all that crazy!

way awesome!

and I just loved your characters so much... Cyril was awesome and his wife and everything... and it was nice to ''see'' London through the eyes of the boys...

and the case was great! and the story was funny and it had suspense and everything!

really enjoyed reading this!

awesome job!

K Hanna Korossy chapter 1 . 2/24/2012
Really, really enjoyable. A demonic Ripper makes a surprising amount of sense, and you have a good excuse for having the guys over the pond to hunt it. I liked Cyril a lot, too (Josie felt a little cliched, but is still the kind of person I wish the guys had more of in their lives-they need mothering!). And just the right amount of peril. I would have loved a little more h/c at the end, but that's me. :) Great read.
apieceofcake chapter 8 . 2/17/2012
Enjoyed, thank you!
Nana56 chapter 8 . 2/17/2012
Aw, what a great finish to a great fic! Thoroughly enjoyed the whole thing!

So glad the boys finally got to see some of the touristy stuff in London, too. It would have been a shame to have gone through all of that and not gotten a chance to 'play' a bit. :D

Last time we were there, I was on my own a lot and one day decided to hear Big Ben strike noon to get as much enjoyment as I could. Had to stand across the street for 1/2 hour waiting. Got to worrying that some bobby might come over and arrest me for lurking. :D No one did, tho. Got to hear the full 12 strikes. Awesome!

Anyway, thanks so much for such a wonderful fic and bringing back so many memories; memories that now include our boys! :D

Trynn chapter 8 . 2/16/2012
Excellent story. Wish it had been longer, 'cause I didn't want it to end. It was nice to see the Winchesters work a case out of the U.S. for a change. And where else but London!