Reviews for The Field Trip
Piper1996 chapter 4 . 5/16
Eeeeh Obi Wan negotiating for the "release" of the other padawons was sooo him. I can see Anakin, not accepting failure, but taking Obi Wan hostage instead if he had to do this trip.
They will either kick you out or put you on the council... ha Obi gets put on the council. But that seems to be an accurate thing to say to young Obi Wan.
Piper1996 chapter 3 . 5/16
... that son of a hutt cut Obi's cable.
I love Obi Wan's determination to help the others despite his masters advice.
Piper1996 chapter 2 . 5/16
Yes, master. I shan't pay any further attention to you." Mwahahaha Obi Wan... master of sass. Obi Wan's sassyness is sometimes over looked and underappreciated.

Obi Wan obv got his amazing negotiating abilities from Qui gon and later dealing with teenage Anakin...he should thank them ;)
I love how determined he always his to never give up. Even when what he is fighting against is his best friend, brother he doesn't give up.
Piper1996 chapter 1 . 5/16
Oh wow. I suppose even young jedi can be somewhat thoughtless on how someone will take their words. Love Qui Gon reassuring Obi wan and telling him he did well.
AsianTwinkiesFTW chapter 4 . 3/29
I was extremely worried about Obi when he sat down and started thinking about failure... and then incredibly suspicious. AND I WAS RIGHT HAHA I love this a lot. Obi Wan you lil scamp. :')
Brievel chapter 4 . 4/19/2015
Ahahahaha, well, it was good practice for later on. xD And I like Feld!
Brievel chapter 3 . 4/19/2015
That son of a gundark. Don't worry, Obi-Wan, I'll get him for you. *cracks knuckles*
g chapter 4 . 7/19/2014
I enjoy that a lot of your stories have a moral or lesson to them. I agree with the other commenter that said s/he feels like s/he is learning alongside Obi-Wan. Coping with failure without losing one's spirit is a life lesson everyone must learn at some point. Thanks for sharing this in an entertaining way, Ruth!
IrishIris chapter 4 . 2/24/2014
I haven't enjoyed a fanfiction like that in a long time. So, so well written, not just with regards to spelling/grammar but also pacing and twists! I was even feeling a bit choked up when Qui-Gon thought he'd broken Obi-Wan's spirit, and I /never/ get that emotionally invested in fanfiction.
Job well done, Ruth. *toasts*
Padawan Aneiki R'hyvar chapter 4 . 2/21/2014
LOL Love Obi's ingenious solution at the end. :) Great piece... *grin*
Obiwan456 chapter 4 . 2/14/2014
Another one I missed before...

and man, you had me.

I was wondering who was meaner, Ky or Qui, and feeling so sorry for Obi-Wan, although understanding the need for the lesson.

He was cocky and overconfident at first, but toward the last had me almost in tears...and then you turned the tables (on me and Qui-Gon).

Very clever. ;)

And I got another good look at Ky, as well as read the one where he leaves the order, adn now I have a much better understanding of the tense, barely civil relationship Obi-Wan had with Ky in Armistice.
miarath chapter 4 . 7/8/2013
Hmm, that was certainly a most entertaining way to 'spring' the trap - from a certain point of view.
Awesome to turn the tables around like that, and that bit about negotiating at the end was just splendid, even if Qui-Gon's right and he overdid it. :)
I seldom laughed this hard. lol
Nanuk chapter 4 . 6/12/2013
"I have never before known you to give up," Qui Gon said, at last. He sounded tired, perhaps even unsure of himself. - I think that in teaching he discovered something himself. :) Yet I do love his attachment, hehehe
Nanuk chapter 3 . 6/12/2013
Oh, humility ...
Nanuk chapter 1 . 6/12/2013
When I read your stories, I always feel as if I'm learning right alongside Obi Wan. :) What a gift!
47 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »