Reviews for Waltzing Along
Angelada chapter 1 . 3/2/2015
Just wonderful... :)
thepinkmartini chapter 1 . 8/21/2011
nicely written! love the allusion to folken.
Gyreflight chapter 1 . 6/22/2008
That was lovely. It's nice to see Allen the one watching from afar for once, and fascinating to see through his eyes.

The character sketch of Eries through his perceptions is beautifully and eloquently done, leaving strong impressions of both people involved. Allen always seems to try to present himself as a perfect image (for all he knows quite well that he is anything but), to keep his external composure, so it makes sense that he would see and admire Eries' self-possession…but not quite know how to approach it.

I much appreciate the care and skill that's gone into this piece, and am very glad to have found it.

~Gyre
solysal chapter 1 . 11/24/2007
Ah, non-sappy romance! This was absolutely wonderful, from the language, to the depth of Allen's character. And Eries! You humanized her with dignity,in a way that didn't break from who she really is (if that makes any sense).

And the hint of Folken at the end! A simple, but powerful image, that managed to add a few extra layers to an already mysterious princess. Thanks for writing this!
illuminated bestiary chapter 1 . 6/12/2005
lovely. Just lovely.
Fictatious chapter 1 . 8/29/2003
Whoa, that's neat. Very well done, I had no idea who it was until you mentioned sisters. I was sitting there flipping through the possibilities and it all came together at that. Very well done.

Sand3
Geniusgirl The Original chapter 1 . 5/29/2003
This is a powerful piece. So subtle and...geez, I was thought I was a lit-geek but I can't seem to find the right words for this review.

I absolutely love this. Especially the ending. I've never, myself, been a big fan of Allen/Eries but I am an intense supporter of Folken/Eries.

I'm adding this to my Faves list right away.

Gotta find more of your work.

GG~
Leila Hime chapter 1 . 3/16/2003
Hallelujah. This is, quite possibly, the most intelligent and thoughtful piece of prose to ever grace this poor site. And you used sentence fragments! Used them right so they made your piece all the more powerful. You have my deepest respects, it was absolutely beautiful. Why aren't there more people who are willing to take risks and experiment with their writings? *laments* does it all have to be mush about the power of love ?
chlo chapter 1 . 2/18/2003
this story rocks my socks! its beautifully poetic but isn't too wordy and weighed down. keep it up!
rei chapter 1 . 1/9/2003
Oh my! You have ensnared my curiousity! I absolutely love this, the way the story unfolded before me so delicately, and beautifully was certainly enchanting. I like how you added the purple tear drop- is there a connection with Folken somehow? I hope so... At any rate, I hope you do continue with your lovely story! _~
burned flamer chapter 1 . 10/5/2002
It took me a quarter of the story to figure out that Allen was leading this out. As well as it was Eries he was talking to/about/etc. I don't know whether the purple teardrop was a tribute to Folken, or if he and Eries... well, you know.

"Surely then, I didn’t love you; I just admired that calm togetherness, that indefinable quality. You just always seem to know just who you are, and where you stand. I never did. Still don’t. What could you want from me, what could I offer? You had everything, you always did."

I know how the poor guy feels. A good piece to add to the collection of fanfictiondom. Hope you write more of these (not why you think. I can just relate to Allen. But... I've never gone after [sisters]. I'd be torn apart before I could run. I guess I could applaud Allen for that.)

[applause]
mynightshining chapter 1 . 5/20/2002
Loved it! What else can I say? I loved it! -Raye-Rei
Kenta Divina chapter 1 . 5/18/2002
Hey that was cool! I like Allen and Eries stories. This was very nice and very like both of them. So are you suggesting that She once liked Folken? Or is there a different symbolism...
Persephone of Abydos chapter 1 . 5/15/2002
I really, really love this one. Really! Even better than Mechanics of Chaos, which I previously decided was your best. Keep it up, mah sistah!

nsbtw, am I the first? O.O
Aerika S chapter 1 . 5/15/2002
You're a lit-geek. But it takes one to know one and, given that I'm the first reviewer, I guess it also takes one to appreciate one. Now that my inner literary snob is out, it's time for the review.

Aside from the last line giving me a weird mental picture of Eries and Folken in a tatoo parlor, this was evocative in a good way. The way you blended the rawness of desire (that paragraph about her on the bed was more sensuous than any lemon) with genuine feelings served Allen's character well. He's having a revelation about another person (and therefore, himself as well) but, yep, it's still good ol' Allen. _~ He's a many layered character (with most people not bothering to dig deeper than the upper playboy stratum) and you touched on a good number of those layers.

So yes, this most definitely met with my liking. It's my favorite so far (no bias there, not at all) and I'm glad to hear it will not be the last. As for the lack of reviews on the Mechanics series, I take the Jonathan Franzen approach to mainstream approval - some stories just aren't meant to be read by a wide audience; they belong among those who can truly understand and appreciate them. Hey, I warned you about my inner literary snob.