Reviews for Five Times John Realized Dean was a Better Parent
Elanshaw chapter 1 . 8/26/2014
This was such a great read.
Thank you for posting!
Cynthia chapter 5 . 8/21/2014
Ok. I officially got choked up on this story; especially 4and 5. Dean is such an awesome big brother and has sacrificed so much for Sam,most of which Sam probably will never know about. So sweet. I want to go hug my big sister because I know she did look out for me at school. Thank you for this story.
LeeMarieJack chapter 5 . 7/20/2014
John Winchester's death was the best thing that ever happened to these boys. He was a total failure as a father.
LeeMarieJack chapter 4 . 7/20/2014
Schools tolerating this kind of behavior in the past has lead us to the crisis we are now experiencing in the educational system.
LeeMarieJack chapter 3 . 7/20/2014
Poor Dean. He should at least get a merit badge for this stuff.
LeeMarieJack chapter 2 . 7/20/2014
Do you that the John Winchester character ever reflected any hint at all of gratitude for all the times Dan covered for him?
LeeMarieJack chapter 1 . 7/20/2014
Sweet little Sam. John abdicated and now he sees what it will cost him.
The Demigod Gryffindor chapter 5 . 6/30/2014
This was so sweet! I loved each and every situation. It was so...Dean. I thought it was totally in character. Every part. I love it! :D
nickiandlogan chapter 5 . 4/26/2013
this last part almost made me cry :( but i loved it
Curious6 chapter 5 . 4/14/2013
"It was Sam's presence that kept Dean sane in the life they led. His little brother was his stone; the one who kept him grounded when the insanity of the hunt threatened to push him over the edge."

"Dean's big brother radar was going off and he knew there was one last thing Sam needed from him before he went off into the real world. "It's okay, Sammy. I get it. You deserve to be happy and I want this for you. Just promise me you'll be careful."

This story was PERFECT. And I've read so many renditions of when Sam left for Stanford, long and descriptive, short and simple, but I really liked this one. I'm still conflicted about it because I feel like it wasn't fair to Dean, but it was Sam's life and his future, and Dean would want him to be happy. SHIT.
Curious6 chapter 4 . 4/14/2013
"You know what happens when you get in trouble for fighting at school, Dad? You get expelled. Sammy's a smart kid and he actually enjoys school. I swear it's the only time he's happy these days. But me? I know where my future lies and I don't need a diploma for it. So if some asshole wants a fight, it's gonna be with me. End of story."

"When I saw you hit the ground and you didn't get up… I thought for sure you were just gonna take it and that kid wouldn't've walked away. I wasn't gonna let that happen."

Oh, Dean. _ This is written so well!
Curious6 chapter 1 . 4/14/2013
It took twenty-two years for him to realize that by placing that bundle of blankets into Dean's small arms the night Mary died, he had practically signed Dean's death sentence".
"But Dean, that boy would gladly watch the world burn so long as Sammy was by his side and all three Winchesters knew it."
"John knew deep down that Dean would always be his perfect little soldier, but had he realized then that Sam was going to slip through his fingers, he would have held on a bit tighter."

I really love all these quotes, especially the scene where John discusses how their dependency with each other was a good thing but also ruined them.
fanficfantasies chapter 5 . 12/2/2012
That was sooo wonderful. Those are the scenes that I like to see inbetween the Winchesters. Thnks for writing!
Panda Blitz chapter 5 . 10/21/2012
I cried... The last chapter, I bawled my eyes out. It was so sad. Poor Dean.
sandycub chapter 5 . 10/17/2012
I really enjoyed this story! Loved each description of Dean being there for Sam. Now, after reading the last chapter, there are tears running down my face! This is how I would like to imagine things going that night between Sam and Dean.