Reviews for Worth the Risk
Viburnum chapter 2 . 8/4/2014
I think Randel did some weird behaviour change here. And "forgetting about her protests" is not a good way to start any relationship. It's got the whole "date rape" scene written on it. Not to mention that a person staring at someone is a an uncomfortable thing. It may even be a girl staring at a guy's chest it still results in being called out so I don't think Melvin would easily accept a "you're so beautiful that I have to see you" explanation. In fact she would challenge Randel to see if he deserves to watch and all that shutting him up because that is characteristic of her. Yes, Randel may have been flirting and they may have mutual attraction but it still wouldn't smooth or bring a nice robustness to them. They are very durable people; in fact Randel says that one of the reasons he loves (or hints at it) Alice is because she is so dignified. Her respect and her self-respect makes a man who has been used as a tool for the military feels he can get some of that back for himself too.

And you are not writing Lionel the way he is. Is this the way you want him to do then I have to respect your own interpretation because Lionel isn't really adverse to commoners. In fact like Alice the fact is he doesn't care. That;'s the dangerous part about him. That he is an elite who cares little for nobility but actually prefers to use his position for more power and to do that he will sink any noble or commoner because even the silver masked guy may not be a noble and this thing is more than some aristocratic showdown. Lionel starts beginning to genuine like Alice at the end of the TV series he became marveled and infatuated with her. That time his true affection or even love was born; he wants Alice as his lioness, his equal. But as we see his words he is selfish gbecause he is only thinking about himself and not about Alice. Randel never does that. Randel constantly thinks about what Alice wants. But one thing you did get right about him is possessiveness that is quite ruthless or going to be ruthless. With Schwaltz he hardly considered him as a rival but with Randel it may disgust him that an "experiment" for his organization is the apple of the eye to his lioness. That would insult him the most. Not even if Alice changed her mind about Schwaltz would that deter him so much as the fact an invisible 9 soldier who is something not even human to him is the love of the life of his lioness.

The best parts of your story is that you write coherently and that you have a good paragraph assortments and descriptions. The other in-story parts I liked was when Randel admitting he loved Alice so much that being together with her means he have a family with her and marry her. I can actually see him wanting that and doing that which is his general behaviour. I wished you went into the depth or underbelly of that. It was a very beautiful feeling that shone Randel with his serious love for Alice and I wish you showed more missions or even body language and conversations which showed how much they knew each other to the marrow and were perfect for each other. You have the skill to do. Flirting is fun and you can scatter that in many different ways but what truly makes the relationship or even true soul mates shine is love and support. I think they are soulmates. They embody something that is very intense. Though in the anime the other girl talks to Randel alone many a times the cardinal and fleshed parts of him are known and thought about only by Alice. And Randel does the same. It is hard for him to express things so his eyes and body language does a lot of talking.

I have said enough. A lot actually.

Maybe, you can write another story that show them more intimate. It would be nice to see this couple have more coverage.
DragoLord19D chapter 4 . 7/28/2012
Awww, no blue Lantern? oh well, still good though
DragoLord19D chapter 1 . 7/16/2012
*Falls to my knees*
Please-PLEASE, write MORE!
Vidimus chapter 3 . 3/18/2012
Alice and Randel forever. I love the way you write Randel, brilliant story .
ladyknights104 chapter 3 . 3/10/2012
very interesting story line. i mean we all knew that Lionel would be jealous and try to get rid Randal but did he really have to try and rape Alice? Jesus Loinel, have some decency she's only 18! another reason i dont like Lionel (but i have to admit i do respect his tactics, very clever indeed). anyways loved the story!

i wish you a sharp pair of scissors comrade!
Cer-Kamber chapter 3 . 2/14/2012
I absolutely love thIs story. Please update soon. Alice and Randal make such a cute couple! And the way you portrayed each character was just about perfect. Great job and I can't wait to read the next chapter.
Mattie Scary chapter 3 . 2/7/2012
Good story. Is there gonna be more?
BlueLion chapter 3 . 1/29/2012
A bit OOC Randel here, but otherwise a nice exploration into the fic-rare Pumpkin Scissors-fandom. May we expect further stories on that pairing?