Reviews for The Badly Fitting Coat
Vicki Turner chapter 2 . 1/13
The Noble and Ancient House of Lupin! Fun story!
Lokken.8 chapter 2 . 7/4/2013
Oh, this is really priceless. Harry Potter crosses paths with world of Le Morte d'Arthur. Well done indeed!
AllyrienDM chapter 2 . 12/15/2012
This is a cool little story. I'm so amused by the idea of the Noble and Most Ancient House of Lupin.
Guest chapter 2 . 10/30/2012
reallly good story BUT Leonard Potter, don't deny it!'

i swear it was LAURENCE before did you change it or soemthing or am i wrong?
xXTooMuchFreeTimeXx chapter 2 . 10/21/2012
I was about to write 'lol', but I realized I NEVER laugh OUT LOUD when I read something on the internet, so I shall have to settle for 'mas'.

mas
Buckets of love and a bouquet of lupins,
NumberOneNarcissist
P.S I do love a good story.
P.P.S I love you, Remmy! RemusxTonks forever. XD
Elena chapter 1 . 10/18/2012
What a fun story! I'm new to reading this type of fiction, and you are a great writer. I was really hoping it was Teddy, and very glad it wasn't Draco. I liked your portrayal of Harry and Ginny, though I got kinds sick of Ron's jealousy. I suppose that's the point though - it was getting old for everyone. i didn't understand the significance of the shield in the inner vault and the bell ringing - expected more there... where you hinting at something else I missed? i'll check out more of your stories, thanks for writing.
addictedheartache chapter 2 . 9/15/2012
enjoyed it!
Epeefencer chapter 2 . 8/22/2012
Very interesting story. Thanks for sharing.
Man of Kent - Railwayman chapter 2 . 7/21/2012
Another good story and a very unique definition of the Ancient and Noble houses. Well done
MuggleCreator chapter 2 . 7/19/2012
Awww! So beautiful! I LOVE it. Great stuff!
wrappedinharry chapter 2 . 6/26/2012
Oh, I am so glad the heir wasn't Draco. I thought it might be Teddy. What bitter gall for a Malfoy (and Black descendent) to have to swallow, knowing that the son of a werewolf and a half-blood is the true heir. Yay, Teddy!

This plot was so clever. Did you do a massive amount of research or were you already an expert in Arthurian history? Whatever, you did a brilliant job and the story was wonderful

Question: WHy did you change Harry's grandfather's name from Laurence, to Leonard and then back to Laurence again?

And as far as a house being ancient, the Potters were descended from Ignotis Peverill, so their family history must be pretty ancient too...perhaps not noble, though. Oh, well.

Lesley
wrappedinharry chapter 1 . 6/26/2012
Aww, I was hoping that Harry Potter was the true heir who could pass the test of blood. Surely there are Potters on that Black Family tapestry. (Can't remember off the top of my head and am too tired to check.)

I am so glad that Ginny stood up to Bill so effectively. Everytime one of her older brother's kicks up a stink about Ginny and Harry's (physical) relationship. I mean, what right do they have when Ginny has a living father whom, it would appear, is not unduly upset about his feisty daughter's relationship with the Boy Who Lived.

I so wish Ginny would go and drop a word in her father's ear and instruct him to instruct his sons' to leave her and her boyfriend the hell alone! And as Ginny pointed out, Bill is such a hypocrite. At least Ron has the good sense to know when he is on a hiding to nowhere. What a shame she didn't give Bill a taste of her Bat Bogey Hex. That would have been fitting. At least you didn't have Harry being too unnerved in the face of Bill's big brotherly displeasure.

Anyway, enough of the rant. This was a very clever little plot. I must admit, I had to reread (a couple of times) the section about what the vault looked like; it was very impressive, as is your imagination.

The goblins are so hateful. I would have thought that as Sirius knew enough to make sure that Harry inherited his estate over the claims of his living relatives (no matter that the next in line was a wanted criminal and crazy to boot), then he (Sirius) might have been able to overcome these restrictions. As a descendent of fanatical parents and grandparents, one would think his entire inheritance and family history would have been imbibed with his mother's milk. (Silly me: As if Walburga would have breastfed either of her sons, or even fed them at all. Probably some nanny house elf cared for the poor little mites.)

Anyway, onwards...

Lesley
FriendofMolly chapter 2 . 6/16/2012
North,

I was so afraid that the Heir was the Ferret. I was hoping that it was Teddy. After all his Grandmother was brave enough to defy her family, for the sake of true love. His mother fought evil and in a sense, like Lily, died for her son. So what that will mean in the future, who knows? It just makes me happy that the Goblins weren't able to take it, no matter how underhanded they tried to be. I have to wonder if they knew who was the heir? Good one!

FoM
FriendofMolly chapter 1 . 6/16/2012
North,

What a novel way of securing ones heir. I have a nasty feeling just who it may be. Or you could surprise us all. I always thought that the Potters were an Noble and Ancient Family too. Or could it be that vault isn't shown to Harry, as they know who the true heir of that one is? I must continue. I have to know.

FoM