Reviews for The Hidden Man
WogglebugLoveProductions chapter 6 . 9/13/2014
I hope I am making you suffer already. I hope the things I am going to do next to you will increase your suffering. You could avoid at least avoid half of it by removing these stories. No matter what you're argument is, I say a man of your stupidity and weakness has no feelings being at all nice towards, and I assure you my believing this has means not that I am a bad person, but means all I saying to you is the truth. You should let me get away with hurting you again and again.

You think this wrong? Then why are you insisting on taking the same attitude to the Wogglebug when I and my whole fan club love him just the way he is? All you're doing is following along with the motives of power-corrupt delusional tyrants in the Oz series who are wanting you to follow them without question just like the evil dicators of the early twentieth century. I thought you were against such things. You seem to seriously lack an actual education, and you have a warped sense of reality and deserve alienating for it.
WogglebugLoveProductions chapter 3 . 9/13/2014
If you go to my website and view my music videos of the Wogglebug's voice actor doing my favorite songs, then I defy you Don Reynolds to be able to tell me with a straight face that the Wogglebug does not have musical talent far superior over yours as everyone knows you sound like Elmer Fudd with a hangover.
WogglebugLoveProductions chapter 2 . 9/13/2014
If you think defaming you is wrong, than you could prove that by removing your stories that defame my most favorite character. I don't see you as being anywhere near deserving of being respected as any sort of smart person as much as he does.
WogglebugLoveProductions chapter 1 . 9/13/2014
If you think defaming anything about you is wrong, then you could prove that by removing your stories that defame my most favorite character. I don't see you as being anywhere near deserving of being respected as any sort of smart person as much as he does. If you think this review is the ONLY way for me to do it, you are seriously mistaken. You have NO idea of what I have in mind to also do about you. I promise you it won't feel good to you. If you think I'm threatening you and that is wrong, then WHY do you think it's not wrong to do those things to the Wogglebug? I seriously think he is a harmless insect but at the same time a far better person for a role model than you, or any of those glory-hogging tyrants known as the Wogglebug's companions who unjustly antagonized him due to their prejudice and stupid jealousy of him. If you insist it is not wrong to hurt the Wogglebug, than I insist it is perfectly acceptable to hurt you.

I am now threatening to go to your home in Oklahoma to hurt you in some way if you do not remove this and your other story with him.
WogglebugLoveProductions chapter 5 . 7/24/2014
Now I know you pretend to like the Wogglebug, but in all truthfullness you hate him just as much as any Oz fan can hate him. Yet you are too damn stupid to even admit to something that is so bare naked obvious to me. Because you think being a Catholic gives you the authority to cheat a lot of people into thinking you are a good man. When in reality nothing could be further from the truth.

After all, if you were a good man in any way you would not be in close connections to a con artist who passes himself off as someone respectable to a bunch of ignorant fools of the exact same status as you. But he has really the same social status and any status of a dead rat in a dark dank smellly cave.

Further evidence supporting you hate the Wogglebug is you are downright cruel and heartless toward him. You inflict physical abuse on him in the first chapter! And then a few chapters later you are worse with mental abuse. You make fun of him in a malicious fasion for being an insect who is SO much more of decent human-being that you ever could be if your life depended on it!

I want to understand two things. First, the Wogglebug has always possessed more human characteristics than you have. And second, you have always posssesed more abilities to be a stupid and incapable of learning better pestilent idiot than him due to you having Aspergers Syndrome. That is precisely why no one has ever loved you at all and no one ever will. That is why you know you never could be anything but single and stupid with a voice that sounds like you've been chewing tobacco since you were an infant and you are a loser reisgned to work in a prison surrounded by lesser human beings than the Wogglebug is.

And remember, it is my belief that you people who have Aspergers are always far more pestilent to the lives of excellent people like anyone who has anything in common with teh Woggelbug, and also that bastards like you are completely useless to the whole world and far worse threat to the progression of positive growth and development than ordinary insects are. This is a statement of the truth. Remember I have always had a very immense desire to strangle you and other Oz fans like you. And I look forward to bringing my fan club down to your gravesite and pissing on it whenever that day may come!

Sincerely, the founder and leader of WogglebugLove Productions.
Jokermask18 chapter 7 . 4/18/2014
Count Mallet chapter 7 . 4/15/2014
It's very interesting to read this. For some reason, I thought there were more chapters, but this was a good wrap-up to the story and our brief history lesson.

I must admit I always thought of Jellia as a quiet and timid young woman. I may have to change that perception of her after seeing her give Oz a fierce scolding for the way he treated Dorothy & company and relating it to the previous chess analogy.

I also liked seeing Jellia admit that as mad as she was about that, she also realized Oz wasn't a bad person in general when she mentions how he kept the land of Oz at peace and provided some much-needed stability at an important time in the land's history. Most everybody does have their good and bad traits.

I'm not sure how long this takes place after the Wizard returns (with Ozma now ruling), but it was nice to see Jellia decide to put her grudge aside and see if she could at least play a game of chess with her former colleague. I imagine their friendship rekindled whether after that day or gradually in time.

The only thing that confused me was seeing the second half of the story written in italics. Initially, I thought it was done to separate Jellia's stories about the past form present-day events. But near the end, it seems both past & present events are all italicized. That threw me a bit; but, there was nothing wrong with the story itself.

I can't remember if you've had your reading yet. If it's still to come, I hope it goes well for you.

Count Mallet chapter 6 . 3/17/2014
The idea of the visitors not taking no for an answer and not taking the hint the Wizard desires no guests reminds me of a recent situation where people didn't seem to realize that certain conduct was *not* going to be acknowledged or rewarded. I should have realized, especially given the chapter title, that this was Dorothy and company. This was a very interesting way to introduce them into the tale.

In some ways, I can understand the Wizard's plight. Everyone thinks he is a Wizard or some sort of god-like being. However, the reality is he's just as ordinary as anyone and has every right to be fearful of the wicked witches. So, telling Dorothy and friends to kill the Wicked Witch of the West is brilliant. If they succeed, they've done his dirty work for him, and he can breathe a huge sigh of relief. If they fail, it's no skin off of his nose and he's no worse off than he is at the moment.

Jellia's compassion for Dorothy and friends is also a nice touch. It's also obvious her loyalties to the Wizard are a bit strained now after what he just demanded his visitors to do for him. While we already know what happens next in Oz's history, I'm looking forward to seeing it from The Wizard's and Jellia's perspectives.

Count Mallet chapter 5 . 2/16/2014
When I read your story about the prosecution of Eureka the kitten, I though I might have partially read this story. Is it perhaps undergoing a rewrite now? I'll try to leave thoughts on the chapters so far rather than flooding you with multiple reviews at once.

I have to remind myself that the original Baum Books were written in the early 1900's. As such, a war with rifles and bayonets as the start would be very era-appropriate even if it would seem weird in today's times.

It's nice to see Jellia isn't intimidated by Oz's demands and mysterious persona. The start of chapter two reminds me of the movie scene where Toto pulls back the curtain to reveal the man controlling everything. In this instance, though, I imagine Oz's social graces and skills had wasted away with his reported 12 years of isolation. Interesting to see you tie in the land of Oz's past as reported in the books into Jellia's flashbacks/story.

I can only imagine the Wogglebug gasping in horror to hear how Jellia considered his kind to be nothing more than a household nuisance pest. I like the how the chess metaphor played out at the end and Jellia offers to be Oz's eyes & ears.

In chapter four, I didn't realize how territorial the citizens were about their colors. Family estrangement for mismatched socks... then again, I've seen sillier reasons for family fights. Looks like the chef is also cursed, possessed, or been replaced with a doppelganger.

Even more powerful in chapter five is the idea of colors cancelling out the evil magic, with green neutralizing all. A decent explanation for the required green spectacles in the original book and another good tie in to the Emerald City being the center of all magic.

I'm hoping that there will eventually be more. I'd like to see how this eventually ends.

WogglebugLoveProductions chapter 4 . 7/10/2013
Well... I at least I can't say I HADN'T given you a warning beforehand, you retarded old git! If am to be in any way responsible for any products I put out, then I can honestly say I can put one out in a way that will hurt you and I will NEVER regret doing so! You are about to become majorly unfavorable in the fan club that I am the founder and sole owner of!
James Birdsong chapter 4 . 5/25/2013
Cool two chapters. Excellent story.
James Birdsong chapter 2 . 3/2/2012
Awesome fanfic.
An Atheist Avenging Her Rights chapter 2 . 2/20/2012
Another completely awesome chapter. I loved how the flashback scene was neatly interspersed with the present scene of Jelia telling the Wogglebug about it. And at the end I could clearly see a glimpse of a relationship beginning between Jelia and the Wizard. And so now I am more eager than before for the next chapter to come.
An Atheist Avenging Her Rights chapter 1 . 1/27/2012
Awesome beginning. I assume the opening sequence was of a flashback of the Wizard being in the Civil War or something. And I overall love the flow of of how Jelia tells of her story from the beginning so far. And I'm excited to read the next chapter when I presume Jelia will actually be meeting with the Wizard in person for the first time. I also hope the Wogglebug's study goes well overall. He's like me, and loves a real good challenge at what he likes to do best.