Reviews for Long Live
KJtheELMtree chapter 1 . 11/8/2012
This. Is. Great.
"You traded your baseball cap for a crown..."
"'Cause for a moment a band of thieves in ripped-up jeans got to rule the world..."
-Beth M
CrazyForHarryPotter chapter 1 . 7/5/2012
I liked the way you were able to pull off a really good songfic without actually putting the lyrics in the story. Remus's POV is pretty hard to write, and you did a good job!
blasphemous merlin chapter 1 . 6/8/2012
Make me cry why don't you? This was brilliantly written. Superb job!
StefQ chapter 1 . 4/22/2012
Amazing. It's nice getting a good fanfic with Remus's point of view. Only few authors achieve that. Keep on writing. ))
Witch07 chapter 1 . 3/11/2012
It was really hard to read this without crying. It was amazing, to say the least. I lvoed it.
MissSadieKane chapter 1 . 2/27/2012
I'm glad that when you die you only see the bits that are worth remembering. If you had to relive dying of boredom in history of magic, I'd hate to die. I like the fact that you have used a consistent structure to your story, using 'I remembered' at the start of each paragraph for each new memory.

The way you portray them, I would be glad to have friends like the maruders were to Remus. He puts so much pressure on himself, and always feels bad about being a werewolf. And he has so much self-doubt. "What was the point of becoming friends with anyone if they would hate you if you slipped up just once?" It makes me like James all the more for befriending him and not letting him alone. I also like your descriptions of their pranks and adventures. I don't think it is Remus's fault for breaking that promise. At some points, like when you mention the giant squid, it feels as if you are simply listing events. I am not sure if you were doing this for effect or not - your story is certainly effective. However, I think it could be even better if you wrote these parts in a little more detail that you have already.

The part where he mentions Padfoot having a word about loving his baby cousin is funny. And I love the desciption of Remus and Tonks's relationship. The only thing you've really missed would be Teddy's birth, as I think this would really have been one of the biggest moments in his life. Remember how worried he is when he asks Harry to join in on the Horcrux hunt. I think it would have been a great relief to finally be a father.

Other than that, this si afantastic story and I'm glad I reviewed it. i wouldn't have found it if it hadn't been for this review challenge.
Someone aka Me chapter 1 . 2/25/2012
I like the idea behind this, and I really enjoyed the way you wove in the song – Sirius's speech was just lovely, and it seems very like Sirius.

The middle bit was a little… I don't know. I think maybe it just would have been better if it were shorter. It seems to drag a bit by the end. And, in my personal opinion, it would have made more sense if it were in chronological order, but maybe that's just me.

The repetition of I remembered at the beginning of each paragraph did a good job of unifying the whole thing.

Your grammar is really good, and the whole thing is quite well written. Overall, a very nice story.

(*_*)
HeadlessHuntsman chapter 1 . 2/24/2012
This was really good. I like your take on Remus and his emotions. I didn't see and grammatical or spelling errors so that is good. I know you decided to focus on the Marauders and his memories but I think this could a better more in depth story if you would have added some good memories of others as well.

Good job and keep writing.
Madam'zelleGiry chapter 1 . 2/13/2012
This was really sweet. I especially loved the way that Remus loves 'Nymphadora' when she hates it so much. Somehow, I wonder if she would have allowed him (and only him) to call her by her first name.

Most of the Remus!Tonks!death scenes that I've seen write that Remus died first. But I really liked this way of looking at it. I'd say that you really captured a wonderful collection of the important moments of his life. It was really touching, especially because you didn't linger for too long on individual moments. I really can't find anything to nitpick. This was such a lovely read. Thanks for sharing!

Cheers!
HedwigBlack chapter 1 . 2/12/2012
This was so beautiful. I can envision him seeing these moments in slow motion and the way he described his friends and their antics was just gorgeous. I like the idea of the Marauders ruling the world and the transition from memories at Hogwarts to memories with the Order and Tonks was nicely done. The last two sentences are just heartbreaking. Really well done.
Guest chapter 1 . 2/11/2012
Crap, you made me cry. Really, I am honesty crying. You suck, you know that? Really, really awesome writing and congrats on making me cry (not a lot does that), but you really suck for making me cry. *pouts*
Laura Potter is awesome chapter 1 . 2/7/2012
Omg, I felt like crying and laughing. Brilliant story! I've read all your stories, but I haven't reviewed them, (but I'm going to try :D) so you deserve to be a favorite author of mine! i just realized that sounds really arrogant, (You deserve!) but yeah, I don't mean it like that, I just have high standards, and you passed it! Congratulations!